Vrs 245 challenge

1 hour ago, robinhood85 said:

Here she is, delivered just over an hour ago. Anyone notice the schoolboy error?

Just need to learn how to drive a DSG now :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

One big one...the sub base on the driveway wasn't laid to the correct depth and/or use of incorrect materials.  School boy error :D

Nice colour, the best in fact.  Is MG free on the Octavia now?  It became a free colour on the Superb Sportline within a few weeks of taking delivery; now they are common as muck :crying:

Lovely looking car BTW, are you pleased with it? 

Edited by penguin17

PPF = Paint Protection Film.  Piano black trim is so soft it's all but impossible to prevent swirls and cobwebbing.  Depending on the cost I'm planning on having PPF installed on them.

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

One big one...the sub base on the driveway wasn't laid to the correct depth and/or use of incorrect materials.  School boy error :D

Nice colour, the best in fact.  Is MG free on the Octavia now?  It became a free colour on the Superb Sportline within a few weeks of taking delivery; now they are common as muck :crying:

Lovely looking car BTW, are you pleased with it? 

Ha ha, new house, moved in 8 weeks ago, bit of a project to say the least but good sized plot!

MG is £305 I think. Red and white are free. 

Delighted with it, bit of an upgrade compared to my 2007 BMW 3 Series Touring M Sport Diesel.
Lots of gadgets to play with, only had a short journey to the petrol station and to pick the wife up from work.  I'm sure I'll be having a bit of a play this coming weekend!

6 hours ago, robinhood85 said:

Here she is, delivered just over an hour ago. Anyone notice the schoolboy error?

Just need to learn how to drive a DSG now :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks pretty sweet I wish I'd waited a little to order my 245, really wanted the alcantara seats and xtreme wheels which I couldnt spec at the time of build in early January 

Yeah really like estate in the colour you have chosen, got to say wish I had gone for the estate too! But sure hatch will be fine with the spec i have ordered? Seen some new octavia’s been delivered near Carlisle today 

5B7C3C73-104A-498B-BD17-59051E4C8E0F.jpeg

16 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Is MG free on the Octavia now?  It became a free colour on the Superb Sportline within a few weeks of taking delivery; now they are common as muck :crying:

I still don't think I've seen an MG Superb in person. Not common in my area. Seen a few Dragon Green, but most are white, black or silver.

3 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I still don't think I've seen an MG Superb in person. Not common in my area. Seen a few Dragon Green, but most are white, black or silver.

White and Corrida red are the only other colours I’ve seen. Majority were white though; I’m surmising that its due to it being the previous free colour on the Sportline. 

I’ve seen 5 other MG Sportlines in the last few weeks, one of which was the first 280 I’ve seen on the road. 

I obviously started a trend around here B):D

Think I have been blocked !!! Been a newbee may have made a error now have read t&c’s got it certain words and phrases are not allowed 😩

1 minute ago, pkcskoda said:

Think I have been blocked !!! Been a newbee may have made a error now have read t&c’s got it certain words and phrases are not allowed 😩

Just back after being banned for 4 days. It will say your account has been suspended and you will not be allowed to post so unlikely if this is not the case.:blush

Ty for that as chat is pretty good and seems like there is a lot of people with the same passion for the VRS as me! Not sure if they wash 🧽 and polish as much th😁☺️ough 

FE9901A9-1CCD-4A56-BC34-B3372CCF6B8A.jpeg

Got to say drive mine every day!  Would not let wife get near it she loves a kerb ouch!!!!!!!!!! Hers is a manual 18 plate Octavia with 1 or 2 damaged wheels 😕

25 minutes ago, R16MEY said:

I have just been quoted week 26 build for my challenge, Interested to know if the exhaust sounds any different?

They may describe it as a Sports exhaust in the blurb but it may disappoint with its quiet burble even on a cold start. My 3" Milltek sounds altogeter more purposeful however not cheap at £1,800 with the downpipe.:blush

Hi shy, interested to to no is milltec pipes straight through or do you use original cat and regen ??? Just had notifications to say my build week is week 20 so probably won’t get it till June maybe!!!! Was hoping to pick it up in next couple of weeks 

46 minutes ago, pkcskoda said:

Hi shy, interested to to no is milltec pipes straight through or do you use original cat and regen ??? Just had notifications to say my build week is week 20 so probably won’t get it till June maybe!!!! Was hoping to pick it up in next couple of weeks 

You can get the noisier non-res version (if you like boomy motorway cruising) but I have the quieter resonated version with Sports cat which is enclosed in the 3" downpipe which is connected to the exhaust manifold which is also near the turbo (standard factory IS20). Being a petrol it doesn't do regens and mine being a 2017 Vrs245 didn't come with the GPF (gasoline particulate filter) which your car will have. Exhaust was £1,200 fitted plus extra £600 for the downpipe ensuring whole system goes from standard 2.5" pipework to 3" in lovely stainless steel so will never rust and won't need replacing in the future. Sounds like an excited Golf R if you watch a you tube video when they are being caned.:inlove:

1 minute ago, pkcskoda said:

Very good info thanks! Are you getting a bit extra bhp too. Sounds a good bit of kit as i don’t want to raspy just a nice tone 

Hard to tell exactly how much it added as stage 1 was already 302bhp. Combined with the uprated Airtec Induction kit and Airtec Intercooler and the stage 2 remap power jumped to 336bhp at 5,250rpm.:o

Magazine article in Auto Express this week on the 245 Challenge was a very similar read to the one almost 2 years ago but as the price has gone up by £2,500 compared to the highly equipped launch 245 they concluded that the reverse camera (one of my options) really should be standard on a £30,100 car. My 2017 model cost £28,100 including electric sunroof, spare wheel, camera and Black Magic paint.:thinking: