Brake servo vacuum pipe

Just now, KeefyW said:

And goodnight. Is Forum Latin for Divorce ? One can spend so much time on them 😭

Haha :D

Goodnight :thumbup:

On 29/06/2022 at 23:49, TMB said:

I have the £10 one and can edit. Not sure about the £6 one.

Yes the £6 FREEDOM LIte gives editing, unlimited as far as I can tell.

ETA: this is added 22 hours after post.

Edited by nta16
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nta16 said:

Yes the £6 FREEDOM LIte gives editing, unlimited as far as I can tell.

Ah, cheers 👍

I think non-freedom members can edit, but only for a limited window of time after their post was made; 30 mins or an hour or similar.

Tons of other benefits to freedom membership though that make it very worthwhile.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I think non-freedom members can edit, but only for a limited window of time after their post was made; 30 mins or an hour or similar.

Tons of other benefits to freedom membership though that make it very worthwhile.

Oh I see :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 22:36, Breezy_Pete said:

...I'll try to do a 'decoded parts list' post with all the different part numbers and which engines they suit.

I started to do this the other day, but it was tedious, and I decided it to be a waste of time as the part number of these servo hoses is printed clearly along the rigid plastic sections.  

For RHD cars the base part number will be 6Q2 612 041 and then there will be a letter or pair of letters after it. For LHD cars the third character is 1 instead of 2.

These suffix letters are what differentiates the hose designs that suit the different engines. If you don't match these letters, you're buying the wrong hose.  I doubt these are available in new condition anywhere other than VW group dealerships (e.g. Skoda) or TPS, both of whom will want to check part identity against your VIN/ reg number anyway, so no real need to tell them the part number.

Edit: If you still want to know the right part number for your car, message me with the VIN as I can now look up current part numbers and retail price; but only with VIN.

Edited by Breezy_Pete
VIN look-up
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem on my skoda fabia 1 2006. It is the rigid plastic hose from the servo to the engine. Mine has split badly and I have cut the 

split part off. It is very difficult to push it back onto the one way valve and the servo plug looks to big a diameter. Can i use any other type of hose?

thanks

Just now, richardmac12345 said:

I have the same problem on my skoda fabia 1 2006. It is the rigid plastic hose from the servo to the engine. Mine has split badly and I have cut the 

split part off. It is very difficult to push it back onto the one way valve and the servo plug looks to big a diameter. Can i use any other type of hose?

thanks

do i use any lube to put it on.