Two Fuel Lights ?

Adam219

The white symbol is to inform you that this is the fuel gauge, the white arrow head on the white petrol pump tells you which side of the car the filler cap is

Utterly simply clever

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Just now, Auric Goldfinger said:

The white symbol is to inform you that this is the fuel gauge, the white arrow head on the white petrol pump tells you which side of the car the filler capmis

Utterly simply clever

great thank you, i knew the arrow was to indicate which side the filler cap is but never knew why there were to symbols 👍🏼

5 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The white symbol is to inform you that this is the fuel gauge... 

No. It doesn't. 😄

18 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Actually yours has 3 If you look to the right of the yellow one there is a faint outline of another synbol

Utterly simply clever

yes thats what im on about why is the other symbol there

18 hours ago, Eltezz said:

Can’t be as simple as left / right hand drive can it?

Well no, because the actual filler will be on the same side of the car regardless of whether it is right hand drive or wrong hand drive.

2 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Well no, because the actual filler will be on the same side of the car regardless of whether it is right hand drive or wrong hand drive.

Too many people are missing the point. Both the OP and myself are referring to the barely visible fuel symbol next to the lit one, NOT the fuel filler symbol...

16 minutes ago, greenstripe said:

I wonder if the second light would be for the CNG variant of the Citigo as that would have two fuel tanks

Spot on! Just finally read my Citigo manual. It’s the low fuel light for the natural gas tank. Actually has CNG in tiny letters underneath it.

Well done, forum!

17 hours ago, Eltezz said:

Too many people are missing the point. Both the OP and myself are referring to the barely visible fuel symbol next to the lit one, NOT the fuel filler symbol...

Well, since my comment related to the vehicle design and not to whether right or wrong hand drive made a difference to the symbols I can't see how you think I missed your point.