1.5tsi Karoq 4x4 petrol or stick with 2.0D?

Kyia

I was thinking of trading in my 2018 1.5tsi Karoq SE manual for a new Scout or Edition 4x4 DSG. These weren’t available in 2018, but when I enquired at a dealership they advised me that the 1.5 petrol 4x4 was being discontinued from September 2019.

Anyone have any idea why and whether there is a problem with the 1.5 petrol 4x4? My existing car has a mild case of kangarooing but not enough to stop me liking the car. 

Would I be better / safer looking at a diesel option?

The usual reason for discontinuing certain configurations is due to a lack of demand, or a desire to reduce production, and ultimately product costs.

I doubt the removal of a 4x4 1.5 TSI is related to the current problems with this engine.

Unless you're doing decent annual mileage or long weekly runs I'd avoid diesel.

• 3 weeks later...

Have just switched to a 2.0 TDi DSG 4x4 Edition. Ex demo but had the extra features I was looking for. Fuel consumption seems to be marginally better than the 46mpg I was getting for my 1.5 petrol despite being a 4x4 DSG. Really pleased to be driving a Karoq with no irritating niggles at last.