Led h1 high beam

Has anyone upgraded there h1 high beam and fog lights to led. I have a London colour hid kit fitted that has been coded. Now I would like the rest of the bulbs in white. I've been looking at the novsight. 

Any suggestions 

11 hours ago, langers2k said:

I wouldn't bother with replacing the high beams, you'll get better performance from halogens than LED's and HID's take too long to get to brightness.

hello my friend , what type of halogens would make the difference?

9 minutes ago, 4WDDSG6 said:

hello my friend , what type of halogens would make the difference?

Any decent quality bubls should be fine.

Osram Nightbreakers and Philips XtremeVision should get slightly more distance lighting than a standard bulb assuming the reflector can take advantage of the tighter hot spot. The downside is they won't last as long but in high/main beams that's less of an issue.

The problem with LED's is source of light isn't in the right place so they'll be out of focus causing more foreground lighting but less distance lighting where you actually need it.

I dont really use the high beam anyway it was more looks when you flash people etc. 

Could I ask would the canbus decoder/ error fixer for the led bulbs cause any problems like the hid canbus kits do. Cheers 

Just depends how well designed the LED driver is...

A quality one should probably be fine, a cheap Chinese version probably carries the came risks as a 'can-bus friendly' HID kit.

It may be embarrassing for you when you flash someone and they see yellow instead of white but you must not let that embarrassment prevent you from using main beam when driving at night unless you are someone that does not dip their headlughts to oncoming traffic.

I have found some normal h1 led bulbs with no ballast or resistors that are plug and play direct for high beam that the canbus IC circuit in the bulb. Might give them a try 

They might be OK for flashing other people but they'll be rubbish for actual high beam use. You'll probably still need load resistors to fool the bulb monitoring too.

Might be worth trying the Philips Diamond Vision H1 instead? I think they are about the whitest/bluest halogens you can get. They're aren't road legal or super bright due to the blue coating but at least they won't cause bulb out warnings or damage the cars electronics.

edit:

OSRAM Cool Blue Boost H1 are another 'off road only' blue tinted halogen which might be worth looking at.

Edited by langers2k

34 minutes ago, Kitch1 said:

I have found some normal h1 led bulbs with no ballast or resistors that are plug and play direct for high beam that the canbus IC circuit in the bulb. Might give them a try 

It says they are 90% canbus compatable .... No idea what that 90% actually is.  Also not for headlight ( i know you want them for fog/full beam) but whys that, poor beam pattern, too much heat?)

Honestly, just put in a decent set of Halogen bulbs - The general Electric 150% brighter are good and look whiter than standard (i ran similair in my Oct 2 with factory Xenons).

On 13/06/2019 at 12:22, Kitch1 said:

On Ebay 

In case anyone buys from your link, it does say it has a wide spread (like almost all leds) and adds:

ONLY Apply to High Beam Flash, Fog light, DRL (daytime running light) lamp, etc. DO NOT USE FOR HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT!