My "new to me" Superb Ed. 100

Good afternoon all,

Recently picked up a Superb Edition 100, and so far I'm impressed with how it is. Bought from the forum.

I currently drive a "Stage 2" MK1 Octavia VRS (will be up for sale next month) but unfortunately regardless of how big the car is, my wife and I both have issues with leg room and a baby seat in the car. Hence looking at something even longer.

It has a few cosmetic issues which I will address - first it's missing a bit of trim above the exhaust, which I can't find online anywhere, so will make my own.

Has a small bit (very small) rust on the Drivers front arch, will probably see how this gets on 

Few grazes and a little bit of paint crazing on rear bumper but nothing too bad.

Mechanically the car seems great, previous owners have had it serviced at correct intervals, suspension changed, upper and lower arms etc etc, had a decent life it seems.

I'm unsure if it has a remap, as I believe @Gizmo owned it to 2005, and I did find a post where he stated he had a map removed, but replaced with a @faboka vrsremap at some point - unsure if it's still remains.

Gave it a quick (well ish, car is massive) going with some AF tripple and a layer of Dodo juice wax, it's my daily driver so cba going overboard.

20190623_170327.thumb.jpg.cd0244ba13b27ff8fe2165c493463021.jpg

20190623_170236.jpg

Edited by JamieP86
  • Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:38, Nackuk said:

So live the mk1 ends of it is being in a bit. 

Should say

Still love the Mk1 shape!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one, looks lovely.  Miss mine sometimes.

I don't think there is anything missing above the exhaust from the looks of it (take a closer pic if you get a chance).

I've still got a whole set of genuine mats and all the cargo nets, plus some of the original brochures etc.  If you're ever near Norwich you can have them, just getting in the way now... :)

Jimbo - I may take you up on that offer at some point - i'm not too far away, im in Ipswich.

The only reason i thought something was missing is that there was some sealant left over above the exhaust, plus, looks like it needs something!

• Like 1

Wet sanded the headlights today, they let the car down having a yellow tinge and cloudy look. For 10 mins work, worked really well!

20190713_175524.jpg

Original a couple of weeks back when I got the car...

20190621_171600.jpg

Edited by JamieP86
  • Like 4

I miss the 700+ mile range of my old Superb I pd -  It was also a great cross Europe mile muncher. Think the new owner has even managed 800 miles on a tank of diesel - must be a steadier driver than me.

Current mkII Superb is very refined but it will only take a bit over 50 litres when filling with petrol from near empty and "only" gives me a range of about 550miles - not quite enough for some of my journeys. I stop regularly for coffee etc but hate queuing at busy French service stations and paying the very high autoroute fuel prices. It's also nice to be able to fill up at home and know you'll make it to your destination even if there is a fuel strike on in areas! (nearly caught by this twice now)

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 20:50, JamieP86 said:

Jimbo - I may take you up on that offer at some point - i'm not too far away, im in Ipswich.

The only reason i thought something was missing is that there was some sealant left over above the exhaust, plus, looks like it needs something!

There is if I recall a very slight plastic lip around the cutout and I think that is what the sealant on the inside of the bumper is holding on.  Can't be sure now, long time ago.  I think it was only the Ed.100 and maybe the L&K that got this version of the bumper with cutout so they didn't tool a whole bumper and instead just modified the standard one. 

I'm over in Ipswich sometimes as some of the wife's family are there.  I'll let you know what bits I've still got next time I'm over that way.

• 4 months later...
On 22/07/2019 at 07:59, jimbof said:

There is if I recall a very slight plastic lip around the cutout and I think that is what the sealant on the inside of the bumper is holding on.  Can't be sure now, long time ago.  I think it was only the Ed.100 and maybe the L&K that got this version of the bumper with cutout so they didn't tool a whole bumper and instead just modified the standard one. 

I'm over in Ipswich sometimes as some of the wife's family are there.  I'll let you know what bits I've still got next time I'm over that way.

Hope you're still enjoying the motor.  I'm over in Ipswich briefly over the Christmas holidays and if you're still interested in some bits and bobs I can let you know what I have left in the garage,..

Fab looking motor! Just picked up one of this myself 06 with 144k miles. Mine has a few modifications such as coilovers and 19" Mercedes replica wheels so I'll be looking to return it to original/OEM+. Are the original floor mats for these the same as the elegance or do they have any edition 100 badging?

22 hours ago, DMC_Superb said:

Fab looking motor! Just picked up one of this myself 06 with 144k miles. Mine has a few modifications such as coilovers and 19" Mercedes replica wheels so I'll be looking to return it to original/OEM+. Are the original floor mats for these the same as the elegance or do they have any edition 100 badging?

Original mats are dark grey with light grey piping but no cheesy badging.  Very classy.

Foot rests are standard dark grey.

I have a complete set still in my garage - little used, drivers mat has a bit more wear but plenty of life in it.  .  Last time I checked you could still order new replacements of the drivers mat via TPS (I'd had two in the course of owning the car).  Let me know if you're interested in them.  Link here:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/457619-superb-edition-100-sundries-ice-equipment-phatbox/

• 3 months later...

Post winter detail done - Snowfoamed, clayed, fallout removed etc etc then hit with a DA and Meguiars ultimate compound, Chemical guys wet mirror finish and then two coats of EZ ceramic wax.

Plus had four new boots on the standard wheels - not bad for a daily driven limo.

IMG_20200412_180858.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200412175936660_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200412180355305_COVER.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200412175958159_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200412180533945_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200412180332619_COVER.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200412175926747_COVER.jpg

• Like 2