Superb Estate vs Kodiaq - Full boot capacity - Camping!

parmsuk

Hi,

I'm considering my next car to be either a Superb Estate or Kodiaq (5 seater version). I'm just looking for opinions on useable boot space compared to each other? From information on the internet I can see that the boot space for the estate is 660l vs the Kodiaq 720l, but what I discovered is that this is to the height of the rear seats and not to the roof which is what i am more interested in as we pack to the ceiling.

Can anyone comment on sizes between these two?

We go camping and looking to size up from our current Ford Grand Cmax. 

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you go for after?

I haven't driven either to be honest. I do carry a lot of camping equipment. In my experience I like an estate car because it feels like a "normal" car to drive, but with added practicality. If you like the CMax, you may prefer the Kodiaq because of access, especially with young kids.

I find the long space of an estate easier to load safely as opposed to a tall space where you have to stack more. But ultimately your car needs to suit your daily driving needs as well leisure 

The superb is a great car but for our needs and considering the higher up sitting position we have decided to go for a kodiaq. Just now trying to decide if to wait nearly 26 weeks for the 190PS version or 10-12 weeks for the 150PS version!.

• Administrators

There are a lot on forecourts adnd sat inside showrooms.

If you ignore all the sold vRS ones, which are not really sold ;) then there might be a few, just choice of options then :D

For me the kodiaq is the superb on big wheels. I personally dont like the SUV craze, but it seems I'm swming in the opposite direction to most folk :D

We'll all be driving lorrys in 2100 with houses in the back :D We laughed about this yesterday, but the price of a house, a 40' trailer would be cheap :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColinD said:

There are a lot on forecourts adnd sat inside showrooms.

If you ignore all the sold vRS ones, which are not really sold ;) then there might be a few, just choice of options then :D

For me the kodiaq is the superb on big wheels. I personally dont like the SUV craze, but it seems I'm swming in the opposite direction to most folk :D

We'll all be driving lorrys in 2100 with houses in the back :D We laughed about this yesterday, but the price of a house, a 40' trailer would be cheap :D

Colin you have seen the future. Young people will be buying electric Motorhomes and parking them at work and plug them in. Much cheaper than renting a 1 bed flat in London for £900 per month.:thumbup:

• Haha 1

Just now, teppin said:

Not teaching you to suck eggs mate, but I suppose you've considered towing a trailer behind a smaller car?

Restricts speed of travel, unless you ignore the limit on the trailer. 

• Administrators

I'm sure I've seen plenty of trailers towed by x5's that defy gravity.

Grab a fancy f1 wing, a raspberry pi to do the aero calcs on the fly ;)

There is a guy I've met in scotland a few times, he has a little van and a 'camper' trailer. It's great as he leaves his 'home' goes paddling, then comes back. All the 'dirty' kit in the back of a cheap panel van.

The kodiaq does have a presence! The kids will enjoy being up high.