I bought a 2014 Model Skoda Octavia , it us just 79,000 km , i got a problem in the Mecatronic as the car suddenly lose the acceleration speed during the driving and the only solution is to stop the car (imagine that on high way)  then restart the car to reset it self .

This happened after my car passed the 5Years warranty ( exactly 5years and 6 months) , i have the AAA warranty , i believe that is a Safety issue , and for any respected company they will fix this dangerous issue without taking any money from me especially my car is a very low mileage , but instead of that the Agency in Abu Dhabi sent to skoda company for that issue and after alot of emails, Conversations and measurements which takes 03 weeks i donot have my car ,  this was the answer for skoda "Refused , Sorry the car is passes 5 years" , for me it was a very bad experience , really very bad non respect from Skoda to their customer , for sure i will not think about buying a skoda again , just for information , the Mecatronic costs me 10,000 dirhams which it is 2700 usd.

Welcome to the forum. However unfortunate, the fact of the matter is that any car manufacturer is not going to cover any repairs outside of warranty. why would they?

I would have expected a good will gesture towards the cost though.

• Confused 1

I have a friend which has a similar issue in his  Jetta VW car , and VW cover his issue , i asked well and i knew that the safety issues is covered by the Manufacturer or they share the cost with he customer , this issue not just a safety issue but it can result death fir me and my family .

I still believe that this is a safety issue results from manfutrying faulty Mecatronic unit , my car is only 79,000 km and only 6 months over the 5 years.

Finally , if your company will refuse it because  it passed the 5 years warranty , why they block the car for 03 weeks under the checking and testing process .

Finally , your Language reflects the behavior of your company against their customer .

With DQ200 DSG from 2013-2015 there was / is a MCU / DSG issue with some, that is quite a few worldwide actually.

In the UK that is 'Service Campaign' 34H5 that covers it, & there is a Software Update.

This came about because of failures of some units from some plants, so wherever in the World anyone with a 2013-2015 DQ200 DSG should check if they should have had the car called in, was it called in, or was it one that a 'Voluntary Recall or Service campaign missed.

The reason that the VW Group can and sometimes do cover Mechatronic Control Unit Failure DQ200 7 speed DSG's on 5 year old or older cars is the World Wide recall in 2012/2013 that excluded Europe Obviously, but in some World Regions like China extended warranties were given.

(Europe obviously not in the World so just a Service Campaign from 2014.)

'34F7' in the UK.

In New Zealand & Australia Mechatronic Units were replaced along with the Synthetic Oil for mineral.

Then from 2013 there continued to be issue on some DQ200's that left the factory with Mineral oil.

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 13.11.25.png

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 13.11.42.png

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 13.13.10.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

Sorry can't help the OP.

But for others I would never own a DQ200 out of warranty.

I've owned five. Golf, Fabia, Yeti, Yeti, Octavia.

All but the Golf required warranty work and that was 3 years old with 13k miles on when it was sold.

Lee

• Like 1

My view.

When a clutch goes on a manual car, it usually gives plenty of warning, usually very high mileage,you shop around, ouch, but not ridiculous price to fix. And they always work when replaced.

When a DQ200 goes, it usually goes suddenly, computer says no, you can't shop around,it costs HOW MUCH? If you don't decide to scrap the car ots not always fixed without further issue, waiting for the next financial catastrophe.

Of course plenty of Briskodians say they are just fine, moistly those who change every 3 years/30 k miles.

Buy a DQ200 and accept the possibility/probability* of failure

*Depending if you a half full/half empty type of guy

To the OP, its too late baby 🎶

I see your in the United Arab Emirates. Most of the 7 speed DSG failures where in warm or hot countries, they were particularly prone to failure in Australia. VW extended the warranty in Australia but left everyone else high and dry.

After the diesel scandal, instead of looking after customers better, they got worse, no doubt trying to claw back the huge fines imposed on them.

I had a 1.4Tsi 7 speed DSG Octavia and I loved it. A few weeks out of warranty I started getting the common shift level error "Only leave vehicle when in park." 

Even though I live in the UK, I decided a dry clutch DSG was just a huge bill waiting to happen, so I sold the car and went to Hyundai.

I would never buy another VAG group car again. I know this doesn't help your financial loss, but I feel sorry for you. I don't know what consumer law the UAE has, but I would fight for a goodwill gesture at least.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

By the way i will never buy or recommend some one to buy a skoda car again or may be a German car :) , really my experience with  skoda is bad , i saw all my friends have Toyota Cars for years and use it over 400,000 km without any big issues like the on i had .

• Like 1

If a  2014 car it is not the 2008-2011/12 issue.

The Warranties were extended in China, North America and other world regions.

The 2013 on issue is pressure.  Different and after the Factory used Mineral Oil.

There is another issue from 2015, Clutch packs again as was in 2008-2012.  '

Software Updates again.

Then the 2018 on issues.

Vorsrung Durch Technik never applied when it comes to DQ200 DSG. 

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 22.38.09.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

My managers 2014 Audi RS4 threw its DSG at less than 40k miles. Audi covered the cost to be fair, it was nearly £10,000 but that was 1 year outside of warranty.

These things happen. Maybe you will have better luck with a corolla or a camry or some other non desript toyota. 

The most painful thing that they know from the begining that my car is 6 months out the warranty but they hold the car in the agency for 03 weeks for testing and doing measurements about this issue , ok , if you donot want to pay or share the cost , tell me from the first day and i will save alot of of money and time.

8 hours ago, Abdelfatah said:

The most painful thing that they know from the begining that my car is 6 months out the warranty but they hold the car in the agency for 03 weeks for testing and doing measurements about this issue , ok , if you donot want to pay or share the cost , tell me from the first day and i will save alot of of money and time.

But until they have recorded the data and submitted it to Skoda how are they to know?

My Mk3 Octy 1.6TDi DQ200 was a 2014. 

It had two clutch packs, a mechatronic and two gear levers in 30k miles.

Our two Yeti's with DQ200 were 2016. Both were leased and both had slipping clutches in 2nd and 4th when they went back on lease with less than 20k miles. They were booked in for warranty work.

Our 2011 Fabia 1.2 TSi DQ200 had a new clutch pack at 20k miles due to severe judder pulling away.

In comparison I've done over 160k miles in DQ250 wet clutch DSG's without a single issue. My Father in Law still has my old 2010 Passat that I bought new and the DQ250 still drives as new with 100k miles.

My cousin has an A6 she's had from new with the DL501 DSG I believe. This year she's started towing with it and the box has failed. The repair bill is just over £8000.

I see some manufacturers are moving away from Dual Clutch back to multigeared conventional auto. Even VAG have scrapped their plan to upgrade the DL501 for greater torque capacity and have started fitting the ZF8HP conventional auto instead. And in some markets they have moved onto conventional auto as the market wont stomach Dual Clutch.

As we move to PHEV and EV the Dual Clutch will die anyway.

• Sad 1