1.5 TSI disappeared

The 4x4 just adds weight, like an unkempt boot.

And reduces fuel economy by approx. 4mpg.

image.png.58fa24e4215c627d681b207f36c30af4.png

Take the on-board mpg display with a pinch of salt too. Manual calculations are always more accurate.

• Like 2

At the risk of being flamed, my opinion is 4x4 is only of some use to serious offroaders, 99% of owners won't do any serious offroading in their Skoda's, and the advantages claimed in traction on snow, grass, towing caravans, could largely be better addressed by fitting appropriate tyres.

• Like 1

4x4 might be for serious offroaders, but these are not 4x4's they are AWD's with 4x4 badges and Haldex.

Anyone doing lots of distance or just even short distances where Part or Full Time AWD and the appropriate tyres know the benefits over 2 wheel drive with the appropriate tyres.

It is not about claiming benefits in snow, grass, towing trailers on grass, out of fields ect if you actually to get the benefit of not needing towed out, or being able to tow out others.

Launching on slipways is another place that AWD or 4x4 can be a help / necessity.

200kg or whatever extra weight on Heldex is like having a couple or 3 of full sized passengers on board.

There are plenty big People Carriers that work doing airport transport / taxis's ect that get much better economy than these cars do drive  with just a driver.

PS,

The MPG's that people are posting that they get with 1.5TSI EVO DSG 4x4 Karoq is just ridiculous in this day and age, 

as is some of the mpg that Kodiaq are getting. 

Clearly RDE2 will have some of these gas and derv guzzlers culled.

Edited by Roottootemoot

On 22/07/2019 at 06:52, Paulkpr said:

I’ve got a 1.5 se dsg on order. Factory received the order 3 weeks ago. Hopefully they’ll still honour the order 😬

Build week moved from week 47 to 36! Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, stepdavi said:

Could well be. Thank god I’ve got the 1.5 DSG on order. I’m pushing my financial limit getting the car as it is and being forced to pay for a diesel which is no good for me or the 2.0 TSI would make the car unaffordable.

Edited by Paulkpr

On 22/07/2019 at 16:12, Stu_Magoo said:

Can some others from other European countries see if they still have the option of this 1.5 TSi engine?

Just visit the Skoda France Germany whatever configurator pages.

14 hours ago, Greenliner1 said:

Bad press or RDE2 in September?

According to this, RDE2 is a non issue.  Notice that the 1.5 engine in a Golf has 14 mg/km, well below the 60 limit.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2019/02/25/new-diesels-proven-to-be-as-clean-as-petrol-models

• Like 1

Shame they haven’t got them all tested / declared to Euro 6d then. I wonder if all the Euro 6d temp vehicles will be penalised in the future?

Being cynical, any excuse to expand the LEAZ scope and revenues generated in the not too distant future?

Edited by Greenliner1

• 3 weeks later...

The August 2019 price list has just been published, and the 1.5TSI engine is back for the SE, SEL and Edition! It's also shown in the configurator again too :)

Chris

I have a Kodiaq SE 1.5 TSI 4x4 with drive mode selection and drive in ECO mode everywhere. I'm getting 36 MPG driving a mixture of town and country lanes and 42 MPG on the motorway. These are as measured at the pump, not what the onboard computer is saying. I'm happy with this. It should be noted I am very light footed.

1 hour ago, Silverbear said:

I have a Kodiaq SE 1.5 TSI 4x4 with drive mode selection and drive in ECO mode everywhere. I'm getting 36 MPG driving a mixture of town and country lanes and 42 MPG on the motorway. These are as measured at the pump, not what the onboard computer is saying. I'm happy with this. It should be noted I am very light footed.

How does the onboard figures compare with yours? 

3 hours ago, Silverbear said:

Wow that's pretty mediocre. My box fresh 2.0tsi sportline is doing mid 30's on mixed A and B roads in normal drive mode. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gmac983 said:

Wow that's pretty mediocre. My box fresh 2.0tsi sportline is doing mid 30's on mixed A and B roads in normal drive mode. 

Is your Sportline the 4x4?  That does make a hit on the mpg figures.

No wonder there are delays in building certain engines / drivetrains, peoples real world shows that last years WLTP / RDE was a con really and still nothing to do with Real World if a driver with no passengers or maybe one and no real load gets poor economy. Especially given the UK NSL.

Hopefully RDE2 figures might be nearer the real world, there are some real 2019 gas / derv guzzlers on the roads currently.

Maybe the UK Government will be putting a heavy tax or emissions charge on these by 2022.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Yep my 2.0tsi is 4x4 auto, it's the only configuration you can the 2.0tsi in... The kodiaq is a big old bus for the 1.5 to haul along IMO hence why the mpgg suffers. My sister in law has and octy with the 1.5 TSI and struggles to get much into the 40's mpg. 

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

No wonder there are delays in building certain engines / drivetrains, peoples real world shows that last years WLTP / RDE was a con really and still nothing to do with Real World if a driver with no passengers or maybe one and no real load gets poor economy. Especially given the UK NSL.

Hopefully RDE2 figures might be nearer the real world, there are some real 2019 gas / derv guzzlers on the roads currently.

Maybe the UK Government will be putting a heavy tax or emissions charge on these by 2022.

As long as these "real world" test are being done on a rolling road by a computer the will never truly reflect what the average punter will achieve out on the actual road. 

• Like 1