Low beam doesn't work

Hello everyone, 

So, my low beams don’t work, as say in the title. Also, the logo on the dashboard isn't switched on. I'm planning to check two devices: the switch itself and the "main light relay". 

Concerning the switch: 

I want to change the position light switch (that is working) with the low beam. If after that change, the low beams work, then I could conclude that the switch is dead. 

Question: 

- Is it necessary to take the hole dash out for taking out the light’s switches? 

Concerning the relay: 

I know that haynes electrical diagrams aren't that good. But at chapter/page 12-28. I can read that there is a relay called "i" that should activate? the main lights. But at page 12-20, I can't find he's position... 

Does this relay even exist? if yes, where is it located?  

18 hours ago, nimbus said:

I want to change the position light switch (that is working) with the low beam.

The switches are different.

18 hours ago, nimbus said:

Is it necessary to take the hole dash out for taking out the light’s switches?

Not the "hole" dash. Just the front cover.

PS

Start by checking the fuse then the bulbs.

Edited by RicardoM

So, I checked the bulbs and fuse number 7 and 8. i set it under tension, and i got 12v on left and right side. Connected to the bulbs and it works again !? but not the symbol on the dash. I think i need to change that led.

Feedback

I'm considering myself as a newbie. 

So it wasn't that hard to take off the front cover (black colored part of the dash) by following the Haynes instruction. 

In my opinion, the upper cover of the steering column isn't easy to take off. 

The shop where i usually buy my parts didn't have these sorts of bulbs that are installed on the Felicia dashboard. So i took the one of the airbag lamp (I don't have airbags). 

Important: Make sure the speedo cable is good plugged to the speedometer during the refitting. Mine fall out again, so i had to make the removal refitting two times.  

On 01/08/2019 at 14:03, nimbus said:

In my opinion, the upper cover of the steering column isn't easy to take off. 

It is easy if you slack the nuts that hold the two big brackets of the steering column. You will not find this tip in Haynes manual.

JoXXCMN.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/08/2019 at 20:12, RicardoM said:

It is easy if you slack the nuts that hold the two big brackets of the steering column. You will not find this tip in Haynes manual.

JoXXCMN.jpg

Wait aren't these bolts meant to break in a collision? I think you should avoid slackening and tightening shear bolts. 

57 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

No, shear bolts don’t ‘shear’ in an accident. They shear off when you install them to prevent someone being able to undo them again easily. It’s a security device. 

Ah sorry I thought that the felicia had some predifined point of failure type deal going under the steering column to create a collapsible steering wheel for protection. 

39 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Ah sorry I thought that the felicia had some predifined point of failure type deal going under the steering column to create a collapsible steering wheel for protection. 

It does, but that is not it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Wait aren't these bolts meant to break in a collision? I think you should avoid slackening and tightening shear bolts. 

The only shear bolts in that area are those holding the steering lock housing. That is for security reasons as Tech1e mentioned. Shear refers to head of the bolt shearing at a certain torque to avoid unscrewing it by thieves.

80.jpg