help with locating handbrake wire please?

Hi all, and thanks in advance! I am installing a pioneer head unit in my mk2 Octavia and the unit has a wire to connect to the handbrake. Can anyone please help me to locate it and tell me the colour please!

7 hours ago, gabi2004 said:

Why do u connect that wire?

To be able to play dvd, without that wire connected the head unit thinks that the hand brake is not on, and also with my head unit there are menus that I cannot access without connecting it.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, gabi2004 said:

Put it on ground and see what happens...because if you put it on switch from parking brake you will have al features only with  hand brake on

Sorry people, I haven't fitted a head unit for a long time (as you can see!!) I am a bit stuck with this damn wire, I am not sure how to take the hand brake covers off or even if I have to! I don't even know if there is a cheat/ bypass to make the unit think that handbrake is on all the time. Will any ground do? Again thank you for your time and patience!

Just now, vstromer650 said:

Sorry people, I haven't fitted a head unit for a long time (as you can see!!) I am a bit stuck with this damn wire, I am not sure how to take the hand brake covers off or even if I have to! I don't even know if there is a cheat/ bypass to make the unit think that handbrake is on all the time. Will any ground do? Again thank you for your time and patience!

The menus I want access to include wifi setup and firmware update.

2 hours ago, vstromer650 said:

any ground will do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shampooefficient said:

Be aware, some head units need to "see" an on-off-on pattern before unlocking all features. To prevent people just grounding the wire...! 

Yes I have just found this information on u tube so I have found a little device that simulates that on/off that you are talking about and I am now waiting for it to arrive for ebay  and I hope it works and is compatible with my head unit as it say that it is compatible with all avh modes (we shall see!). I will keep you all informed, and again thanks for everybodys comments and help with this.