New Karoq Tech dark green metallic paint

Ozzzzi

Hello everybody. First time poster. After an 8 months wait just took delivery of a dark green Karoq Tech 1.5 TSI DSG. Never driven a car so smooth and quiet before. Just loving driving it around. But the fuel consumption worries me a bit. Just done 200 miles so far. Best car I have driven so far after Golf, BMW, Hyundai, Audi A3, Tiguan and Peugeot 3008, the last 4 all new models but manuals. Never going to manual again I think. 

• Like 1

Very true. Karoqs are rare. Metallic Dark green are even rarer. I was not sure when I first met the car in person.  Wondered whether I made a mistake but after a week I’m well chaffed with it. Thank you for your comment  

• Like 2

Strange you mentioning a dark green metallic Karoq.

We have a manual 1.5 and I have never seen another on the road until last week in Alnwick.

Fuel consumption started around the high 30's but as the mileage increases so the economy improve, now  at 3500 miles it averages around 42.

I have found that Sport Mode is more economical than Economy Mode, as have several on here. Better to drive as well.

I agree that it is one of the quietest cars I have ever driven.

Emerald Green they call it and that's the colour I have 1.6 SE L DSG, its a lovely colour

Cannot fault the car, very nippy and 49mpg on normal mode and that's up and down the Pennines. I Don't bother with other modes as no effect. I used to have a 2.0L SE L DSG 4x4 Yeti which was a bit faster but hardly notice the difference. My only complaint is the Sat Nav, its terrible. 

Edited by Coaster390

16 hours ago, Ozzzzi said:

Hello everybody. First time poster. After an 8 months wait just took delivery of a dark green Karoq Tech 1.5 TSI DSG. Never driven a car so smooth and quiet before. Just loving driving it around. But the fuel consumption worries me a bit. Just done 200 miles so far. Best car I have driven so far after Golf, BMW, Hyundai, Audi A3, Tiguan and Peugeot 3008, the last 4 all new models but manuals. Never going to manual again I think. 

We have the manual 1.5TSi SEL and last fill after 17,800 miles (18 months old) gave 264 miles for just 24 litres used which is exactly 50mpg. Personally I think the DSG will use more fuel than the manual but I have not been able to test this theory but going on other owners experiences so far. Best commute of 63.2mpg and recently another one of 61.7mpg.:thumbup:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I find that I’m doing around low 30s in around town, which goes up to 46mpg with a mix of B roads on journeys of 20 miles or so. 

Hopefully it will go up as the engine loosens up. I have a 180 round journey tomorrow to Stansted airport from Norwich that I am looking forward to. I will switch to the Sports mode then and see what happens. Have a great evening all. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2019 at 21:48, Ozzzzi said:

Don't worry too much the fuel consumption. It's only now that my Karoq  1.5 TSI DSG now on 8.3k miles gives me over 40 MPG around town & 45+ on longer journeys. Still very smooth & quiet...

Went to look at a pre-reg Emerald Green Karoq Scout at the local Skoda dealer this morning and was told it had been sold to someone in Essex yesterday. I could have viewed it on Monday and am now kicking myself because it was a £32,300 car with 12 miles on the clock for £25,780. Damn.:angry:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/08/2019 at 11:28, jimmer69 said:

Don't worry too much the fuel consumption. It's only now that my Karoq  1.5 TSI DSG now on 8.3k miles gives me over 40 MPG around town & 45+ on longer journeys. Still very smooth & quiet...

Just an update on my Karoq's fuel consumption, we've just spent a week in Praa Sands in Cornwall & we had  51 mpg going and 52 mpg

on the return journey. I reckon that's quite a good figure for a petrol 1.5 TSI DSG engine. OK I know it's relatively light traffic at this time of the year (M5/A30) but the cars the shape of a brick so 252 miles each way & with  9.6kmiles to date the engine & gearbox is a great combination and I'm about to order another Karoq  (PCH) despite still missing my old Qashqai diesel though. Hope all you guys having problems with the 1.5 manuals get the stalling / lurching problems finally resolved.