I need Bolero Update :-)

50 minutes ago, pab567 said:

The file I linked you is 100% correct, I used it multiple times, so I guess some issue with SD card has occured. Pls unpack to other SD card, put it into the slot and restart the unit by long pressing (approx 10 seconds) power knob.

Yeah you were right, dodgy SD card. Tried another and it seems to have worked, now showing the updated version.

• Like 1

Hi @pab567 I've had my Skoda Fabia just over a year and I'm looking for a company update! I've been told my Bolero is a MIB2, but it's supposed to be a critical MIB 2 version. I hang you a picture with and hope that you can do something with it! Currently it annoys me that the radio is sometimes like frozen. And that on the thing only Mirrolink is running!
What do I have to consider in the update? And do I have to put something back on VCDS?

Sorry for the bad english!

Thank you in advance greeting Mathias!😎

IMG_20190929_140515[1].jpg

Hi @pab567 and @SashaGrace I have opened an other topic already, but i found some very usefull information here already, and seems that my questions are more relevant here... So I gonna upgrade my early O3 basic swing radio. A got an offer from a garage for the swap for a rather high price with Android auto (which would be my ideal solution) but he says on half price he can do the swap with a smaller screen but only carplay. My question would be: does the apple/android compatibility depend on the screen or depend on the HU?  If depend on the HU, what HUs can handle android auto? If - due to high price from the garage - I would go for doing the display+HU swap on my own (incl. wiring) would it be possible to do all the coding stuff "online" @pab567 or need a visit to a garage anyway*? (Or if You have a solution, could You please PM me about details?)

*sorry not clear for me what is the difference between VCPS, (e-) ODIS and CP... 😞

1 hour ago, pab567 said:

What is your budget?

For a complete system with an AndroidAuto, my total max budget (incl. shipping) = cca 660 EUR / 580 GBP.

(As I understand I need HU, Display, wiring, coding and maybe also some kind of holder in the glovebox, becuase my current radio is one piece solution not separate HU and display.)

I found on ebay a used set w the big screen for 420 GBP, maybe that could work...

If I can't get android auto, but only carplay, than there seem to be a much cheaper solution, which is drawn from chinese VW Golf Mk7 Passat B8, so I assume also the CAR menu would work, not like with the aftermarket android head units...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Autoradio-RCD330-Carplay-MirrorLink-BT-USB-RVC-Rahmen-Fur-VW-Skoda-Octavia/362529141988?hash=item54686bb4e4:g:UpYAAOSwk4RcNZJy

But I would prefer to go for the normal Skoda display + HU solution, with android auto, so I hope there is a solution outthere :) :)

580 GBP seems enough :) What you need:

- screen (from approx 60 GBP for 6.5 screen)

- Bolero 5Q0035842A glove box unit (from approx 90 GBP)

- glove box with infotainment reader holder (from approx 30 GBP)

- cables set (approx 100 GBP)

- CP removal (SKODA dealer, approx 60 GBP)

- Bolero rework (approx. 200 GBP, including both ways shipment)

You may also need new USB (from approx 20 GBP).

Hi,

I also have the bolero version: 

Hardware H24

Software 0245

And I will like to update it to the latest firmware. But does it worth it? Any changelog for the new software or noticeable changes?

Also does the update work with any sd card or it requires a skoda branded sd card ?

Thank you 

Hi @pab567 

Could you have a look into my fabia's system and see if there is an update for it, skoda's website states no but you never know.

Thanks in advance.

Device Part Number :5Q00035840B

Hardware:H11

Software:0135

Media Codec:

1003.113.1.15 prod

Screen.jpg

Is there any update available for hardware H41? My current software version is 0456.

The car is a 2017 Skoda Fabia mk3, in Romania (left hand drive), and the head unit is a Bolero.

One minor annoyance I have with it is that I purchased the car without paying for the SmartLink option, however SmartLink shows up is in the menu.

When I select SmartLink, it shows the message "Starting Smartlink..." but it never starts up.

20191009_154410.jpg

20191009_154426.jpg

Hi all please can someone help me. I need smartlink or android auto

device part no. 5Q0035820

hardware H11

software 013

media codec 1003.113.1.15 prod

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Just now, Stuart8 said:

Hi all please can someone help me. I need smartlink or android auto

device part no. 5Q0035820

hardware H11

software 0138

media codec 1003.113.1.15 prod

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

On 04/10/2019 at 21:05, Draxdamax said:

Hi,

I also have the bolero version: 

Hardware H24

Software 0245

And I will like to update it to the latest firmware. But does it worth it? Any changelog for the new software or noticeable changes?

Also does the update work with any sd card or it requires a skoda branded sd card ?

Thank you 

Any card. Check your PM for download link

On 08/10/2019 at 01:08, enjibenji2k9 said:

I think there is something like 0137 or 0138. Pls remind me with PM and I will check when I'm back home.

On 09/10/2019 at 15:00, oviradoi said:

Is there any update available for hardware H41? My current software version is 0456.

The car is a 2017 Skoda Fabia mk3, in Romania (left hand drive), and the head unit is a Bolero.

One minor annoyance I have with it is that I purchased the car without paying for the SmartLink option, however SmartLink shows up is in the menu.

When I select SmartLink, it shows the message "Starting Smartlink..." but it never starts up.

20191009_154410.jpg

20191009_154426.jpg

Check your PM