Vrs ghost lights

Has anyone fitted the ghost /projector lights from superskoda ,you know the ones that project vrs on the road when you open the door ,if so are they decent quality ,i imagine there a simple fit as they just replace the red light allready there .

I have them, yes they are very good quality and are a simple fit replacing the existing light. They do stick out a little but don't get in the way at all. The projected light on the floor is very bright and crisp too. 

I'll get you some pictures later when I get chance :) Personally I'd recommend them over some of the cheaper ones, but that's just me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wangarai said:

I haven't, but you can buy them considerably cheaper from AliExpress - lots of sellers.

All are delivered by donkey express 😆

Looked on ali but can only find ones for the mk2 which i assume are different .

• 2 years later...

Hi, I've been trying to find these ghost lights in red for what seems an age. I can only find crap ones that don't fit properly, or when they arrive are cheap knock offs from very east. Are these one pictured from Superskoda? And have you just changed the bulbs to red?

Kopacek (formally Skoda) do both red and white LED door lights (both project the vRS lettering in white though).

I can only see the white ones in the store currently.

http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-safety-door-lights-with-GHOST-light-RS-WHITE

I can only see the white, but I checked againt other cars, and they do red for the Kodiaq and Yeti. Looks to be the same light, white/clear lenses and red bulbs. I'll open them and change the ghost logo to some I already have. I'll keep folks updated when they arrive, I got impatient and ordered them;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, the lights arrived, and as per normal from Superskoda, very good. I ordered YETI but opened the lights, plastic lens clips off, two screws from behind release inner workings. Automotive sealant hold the projector casing which was easily removed. The plates are glass, so scratched off the design and added the ones I had. Just have to align the image to get straight. I added a bit of double sided tape to the projector to stop any movement as I don't have any sealant. They really are plug on, great fit, very bright. Sorry about the light design, I'm a nerd.20211007_022743.thumb.jpg.8f06a4a5e4d52f6ee5dfce044c8f920c.jpg20211007_022752.thumb.jpg.09a863e4ee89ed17f730f596433c5000.jpg20211007_022819.thumb.jpg.181f0519057360203b366d9e4dc2cb4f.jpg

20211007_022758.thumb.jpg.e0b1cb0b4cb7837e9a4529c2065f9d4d.jpg

I've just ordered a set of 'Skoda' ones from OperdoorLED. Should be arriving in the next few days, will post some pics when they do. Cost around 35€

22 hours ago, KyVRS said:

I've just ordered a set of 'Skoda' ones from OperdoorLED. Should be arriving in the next few days, will post some pics when they do. Cost around 35€

Those from opendoorled where the not so cheap Chinese knick off. They are not a great fit to be honest. They sit outside the recess for the light, the joining wire adaptor is a slight loose fit, the sticky pads are not sticky, and one of them lasted 2 weeks. The film's were good tho. When they worked tgey were bright and looked ok. Just the fit not great. 

The fit on the Superskoda ones is far superior on my eyes, although each to their own.  Hope you're happy with them dude, they did look good when working

Ah well hopefully I can do a bit of botching to secure them in place. Thanks to the Royal Fail they're still in a sorting office somewhere... 

7 hours ago, KyVRS said:

Ah well hopefully I can do a bit of botching to secure them in place. Thanks to the Royal Fail they're still in a sorting office somewhere... 

They came with some sticky pads. I did manage to use these to make a sort of gasket, two on each light. They sat flush with the door card with this make shift gasket, but with a slight touch would move a little.  I'll say again, they did look good when they worked tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my Skoda Projector lights and fitted them. As mentioned above I had to use 2x of the sticky pads (which weren't very sticky) but I'm very impressed otherwise. 20211022_191859.thumb.jpg.cd4308a04d503d77fdf35393e26b8bd6.jpg

2 hours ago, KyVRS said:

Just received my Skoda Projector lights and fitted them. As mentioned above I had to use 2x of the sticky pads (which weren't very sticky) but I'm very impressed otherwise. 20211022_191859.thumb.jpg.cd4308a04d503d77fdf35393e26b8bd6.jpg

They nice dude👍👍 I'd still have mine on if they both still worked. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2021 at 16:01, MATT0693 said:

I got these from opendoor LED.

20210130_182846.jpg

I would now like to add, that I have had one fail on me and the support from OpendoorLED has been poor.

I contacted them explaining the issue, asked them for advice on a remedy or if I could return it.
They replied stating they would replace the order without the need to return them, fast forward a few weeks an no replacement unit, I have contacted them twice for an update without a reply.

I think I will look to order the more expensive units after Christmas, hopefully they last more than 12months.

The ones from Superskoda or Kopacec as I think it's called, are ace. FluffyEyeball posted a link above. They are a white/clear lens. I could only find red for Kodiaq and Yeti, if I recall they were about 5 quid different. A very good secure fit, proper plug n go if you get exactly what you want ghost design wise. Have a read of my previous posts if you can't get the design you want, it was a fairly easy swap out in all honesty, around 5 to 10 minutes to change the design....about 20 seconds to fit the lights to the doors. They are proper bright too

• 2 weeks later...

@ScottyNS really easy to fit mate. I did mine without disconnecting the battery.

You will notice a slight recess along one of the shorter sides, use a trim tool/rounded knife to push in and gently prize the old ones out from there.

New ones are plug and play and just push back in.

• Like 1

Just a pry tool on the short edge, the one nearest the rear of the car. There is nothing to it, they just pop out, and the wiring is the same. The wiring will only go in one way too, so cant go wrong. Just dont ket theveire fall into the door. It will honestly take you about an hour. That's 59 minutes to admire them after the 1 minute to fit them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips everyone - finally have them fitted (Superskoda/Kopacek ones), they did indeed take a couple of minutes too fit! The only quirk I noticed is when I plugged in the new lights they immediately came on, then blinked off for a second or two at the most before coming back on. Otherwise, all good so far :)

20220103_202444.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 03/01/2022 at 20:31, ScottyNS said:

Thanks for the tips everyone - finally have them fitted (Superskoda/Kopacek ones), they did indeed take a couple of minutes too fit! The only quirk I noticed is when I plugged in the new lights they immediately came on, then blinked off for a second or two at the most before coming back on. Otherwise, all good so far :)

20220103_202444.jpg

Looking very nice.

These are on my 'to do' list, once I stop spending my money on racing bits...

• Like 1