Torx size?

NPS

Hi, having just sold the Rapid I am transferring the Dash Cam to the 2016 Yeti we have bought. It's a simple enough job but I have just realised the Bolt I would like to use for the earth is a Torx.

Being an ancient old get ....I haven't got any.....so I need to order a torx bit that fits that bulkhead bolt, that I can use on one of my many socket sets....what size do I need?

thanks in advance

On 27/08/2019 at 10:12, Urrell said:

Where is that T50 you are going to use as an earth?

Hmmm.....I might have made a blunder here......I think the multi bit socket set has no T25 it;s 10 20 30 etc

On 27/08/2019 at 10:12, Urrell said:

Where is that T50 you are going to use as an earth?

I'm going to use one of the 2 large silver'ish bolts that you can see in the fuse box.....I presume they go into the bulkhead. I will check for earth first with my mulltimeter

1 minute ago, Tech1e said:

If you are talking about those two, yes they are a suitable but are T30. 

CF8A08DD-3D09-407B-B507-0C9F724DA92C.jpeg

Pleased you posted that....because I just realised I was looking at photos of the old Rapid.....and they aren't even Torx....!!!

I was going to use (now that I have had a proper look) one of the two bolts that go into a 90 degree bracket......but those in the photo will do as I'm not sure of the size of the others

• Like 1