Where did you place/mount your phone?

2 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

Mines in my pocket, and that's where it stays, if it's an important call they will leave a message.

Trev

Thx for sharing - and especially thanks for answering in a subject about phonemountning ;) It helped me a lot.

Trolls4ever.

8 hours ago, Aston_Bodger said:

@Dajs, You did ask, so I told you where mine is.

"Please share images of your phonemount - and share your experience"

It's quite clear, what the purpose of this thread is. Doesn't take a doctors degree to figure out.

Of course it's not interesting to know, that you keep your phone in your pocket, under the seat, in the trunk or....up in your *beeeep*. It brings no relevant knowledge to this thread.

The morale is It's a matter of situational awareness. Sarcasm and irony without any situational awareness can affect the surroundings negatively, because both of these can be perceived differently from person to person. Words can seem degrading and hurtful, especially without any facial expressions or context. This can also happen with offensive words and intentional teasing, which can come across in a completely different way to how they were perhaps intended.

So in other words: if you have nothing of relevance to say: don't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dajs said:

"Please share images of your phonemount - and share your experience"

It's quite clear, what the purpose of this thread is. Doesn't take a doctors degree to figure out.

Of course it's not interesting to know, that you keep your phone in your pocket, under the seat, in the trunk or....up in your *beeeep*. It brings no relevant knowledge to this thread.

The morale is It's a matter of situational awareness. Sarcasm and irony without any situational awareness can affect the surroundings negatively, because both of these can be perceived differently from person to person. Words can seem degrading and hurtful, especially without any facial expressions or context. This can also happen with offensive words and intentional teasing, which can come across in a completely different way to how they were perhaps intended.

So in other words: if you have nothing of relevance to say: don't.

In all fairness, the title of your post says "where did you PLACE/Mount your phone?" and aston_bodger answered your question, no need to get triggered

I'm not triggered - I also asked for images - and clearly typed PhoneMOUNT...If you choose to answer a post, at least also read the text in the post - and not only the title. That's why we are give the possibility to write inside the post ;)

Again; It's a question of relevance. Seen from a logic point of view, the purpose of my post can't be misunderstood. Of course the reason I made my post is to find out, where the best place is to place/mount the phone - and not to have all kinds of irrelevant answers.

I mean....come on.

6 minutes ago, Dajs said:

I mean....come on.

Please don't take this the wrong way but...

For a new member with a tiny number of posts you're not going about enamouring yourself to existing members??  You may have had a tongue in cheek response to your initial question but, personally, your subsequent responses to it have been rather over the top and argumentative.

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Please don't take this the wrong way but...

For a new member with a tiny number of posts you're not going about enamouring yourself to existing members??  You may have had a tongue in cheek response to your initial question but, personally, your subsequent responses to it have been rather over the top and argumentative.

Perhaps - but I've read a alot of posts inhere since my registration - and for some reason there's a lot of trolls and irrelevant answers to a lot of subjects. I really don't get it. Why fill the forum with all kinds of irrelevant answers - instead of just either answer with relevance or keep quiet?

Also...me being a new member doesnt make any difference hopefully. Does that give me poorer rights, that I'm new? 

Yes, I reacted - and yes, maybe I am writing a bit sharp - but.... this is a general problem with all those irrelevant comments allover the forum. The people doing that should rather stay silent instead. Someone needs to contra-react. 

But feel free to hate me for picking up the ball. I saw that coming :D

3 hours ago, Dajs said:

Perhaps - but I've read a alot of posts inhere since my registration - and for some reason there's a lot of trolls and irrelevant answers to a lot of subjects. I really don't get it. Why fill the forum with all kinds of irrelevant answers - instead of just either answer with relevance or keep quiet?

Also...me being a new member doesnt make any difference hopefully. Does that give me poorer rights, that I'm new? 

Yes, I reacted - and yes, maybe I am writing a bit sharp - but.... this is a general problem with all those irrelevant comments allover the forum. The people doing that should rather stay silent instead. Someone needs to contra-react. 

There tends to be a lot of 'banter' on here generally - it's part of what makes the forum enjoyable...   I'm guessing you have noticed this but not really realised it's part of the appeal for a lot of people...   we tend to 'chat' as much as post answers to questions...

Being new makes no difference to your rights - It probably just means you may not be quite tuned in t the nature of the forum??

And no hate going on here...  just trying to help  😉

• Thanks 1

If using my phone for satnav (Sygic: they use Tomtom maps,  but the user interface is a lot clearer and easier to use) I use a combination of these; 

Lamicall Headrest Mount  (I bought mine via Amazon)

And

CD Slot Mount Mobile Phone Holder

The 'grips' for the CD Slot Mount were not sturdy enough to hold my phone in place,  so I sliced off the two mounting points at either end and attached the Lamicall phone section to the central one which holds it in place perfectly. 

Yes,  it bothers my CDO that due to the positioning of the charging holes,  I have to have the logo upside down. 

I agree,  especially with the number of people I see texting whilst driving,  mobile phones should be kept in your pocket. 

But as someone who experience road rage where I was being forced by another vehicle onto the hard shoulder *for reason neither I nor my passengers understood,  a fat lot of good my phone would have been to me stuck in my pocket. 

*we were on our way back from a family outing,  and we think they thought we  were laughing and/or talking about the occupants in their vehicle. Fortunately I was able to drive around them whilst they were stopping to get out of their vehicle. 

20190831_105748.jpg

Edited by Guest
Further info added

On 27/08/2019 at 16:59, Dajs said:

Please share images of your phonemount

I used to use a simple sucker mount in the lower right hand of the windscreen, but I've found that on my current car the larger A pillar plus wind deflectors means the corner is getting a bit crowded and view restricted.

I've tried the sucker centre-screen - which is OK - but the faff of setting it all up plus the inconvenience of the trailing charging cable is something of a discouragement.

I've recently bought one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Olixar-Magnetic-Phone-Holder-Compatibility-Black/dp/B01B7TV024/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1GH50J7E8YTK3&keywords=olixar+phone+holder&qid=1567257550&s=gateway&sprefix=olixar%2Caps%2C406&sr=8-6 - but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I use a Samsung S6.

On 30/08/2019 at 10:23, Dajs said:

Also...me being a new member doesn't make any difference hopefully. Does that give me poorer rights, that I'm new?

On 30/08/2019 at 13:49, skomaz said:

There tends to be a lot of 'banter' on here generally - it's part of what makes the forum enjoyable...   I'm guessing you have noticed this but not really realised it's part of the appeal for a lot of people...   we tend to 'chat' as much as post answers to questions...

Being new makes no difference to your rights - It probably just means you may not be quite tuned in to the nature of the forum??

And no hate going on here...  just trying to help

The title is slightly ambiguous but it's all too easy to perceive some wrong whilst most answers are made with the best of intentions.

Hopefully you'll agree with @skomaz as I'm sure there hasn't been anything malicious intended.

I’m using and recommend MegaMount holders and I placed it on windshield next to A pillar. Use to placed it onto air vent but after I broke one 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have decide to change approach 😃 

Not sure if connected or just coincidental, but I found when using the phone for satnav that it would crash more when placed in the vent mount rather than when it was placed in the CD Slot Mount. 

Obviously there are a lot of other factors to consider before being able to confirm for definite being placed near the vent was the cause.