Which last option to add to my Kodiaq

Hello,

I've got room for one last option/option combo on my (almost full option) Sportline Kodiaq spec, which one of those 5 would you guys advise me to take and why:

1) Sleep pack II  instead of only Sunset/accoustic windows + Virtual Pedal

2) Virtual cockpit instead of normal analog display

3) Columbus upgrade instead of Amundsen infotainment

4) Wifi, phonebox & wireless charging + Virtual Pedal

5) Heated front window + Virtual Pedal (it's not extremely cold where I live, I'm from Brussels not Groenland)

I can't make my mind up, the sleep pack seems fun for the kids, but so does the DVD on Columbus when we have to wait somewhere.

Cannot say anything about the sleeping pack.

wifi and wireless charging - good ones but not must be-s.

Heated front window - must be for me in our winter, but probably not for you.

Columbus - good one, but Amundsen is not bad either.

Virtual cockpit - if I was you, I would choose this one. When travelling it is good to keep car navigation running in dashboard and Waze on headunit screen. Also iyou can choose different information to be diplayed on dash. 

But as we say - some like mother, some like daughter. People are different.

1 hour ago, SimonAudi said:

Check it is not cheaper to buy L&K than add lots of options...

I started with Edition and changed to L&K because overall it was cheaper with more things for free...

I go for Sportline, where I live there is no L&K version of Sportline.  And I prefer the looks, interior and exterior of sportline, so I rather prefer to stick to that version.

1 hour ago, NicolasEsibaer said:

So Virtual cockpit or Columbus it seems. I do plan to use apple carplay a lot. Though choice!

Then get the Columbus system. You don't get navigation directions on the VC when using Carplay, so get the better screen that you'll actually use for CarPlay. 

3 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Then get the Columbus system. You don't get navigation directions on the VC when using Carplay, so get the better screen that you'll actually use for CarPlay. 

You WILL get the navigation directions on VC, when using Carplay.

I would go for VC. If you`ll use Carplay to playback music, there would be no difference about the scren resolution. If for Waze, two navigation programs are always better than one, Waze is not to be entirely trusted. Believe me, I travel a lot. 

VC functionality weights up any disadvantage of Amundsen.

Here you go. Waze is little lazy in Norh - South positioning. Also it does not recognize small fild roads. Columbus is doing it`s job perfectly.

But as you can see, both navigations are operational, home address inserted, 207 km to home.

20190901_220323.thumb.jpg.dc6c6fef75ca85845cff6eb10195344d.jpg

Show me your navigation directions while using Google Maps to navigate - not just the bloody map by itself which is redundant. Absolutely pointless having VC if you’re using Google Maps or Waze to navigate. My loan car has Amundsen and the screen is rubbish for CarPlay. Using normal maps makes it even worse. 

DCEBC893-3C82-43E8-88AA-05E03086BDEF.thumb.png.7778c6e9758eb5b26832aa14f1cfc46a.png

2658A4DD-B83C-4EDA-884F-7D05D9F2AE53.thumb.png.64060fe350699910d6fdc6e9e4cf093d.png

DB19B220-5D89-47CB-BBA4-47F55BEA94B5.png.5de5bf16c82dcf4283687b2f694a1ed2.png4747BE7C-6378-4F9B-BA11-C07C64C1119C.png.00b128cd784dde2696ada6b61a7587a7.png

6 hours ago, NicolasEsibaer said:

Ok, and with Columbus I also get a DVD drive right (when not driving)? Or did they remove that feature?

Yes it has DVD. True 5.1 surround too if you have the Canton sound system. 

8 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Show me your navigation directions while using Google Maps to navigate - not just the bloody map by itself which is redundant.

Once more and very slowly.

Directions are there, just picture made in the dark and colors disappeared.

Look at the both screens - distance to destination 207 km.

I am using all the time car navigation directions on VC and Waze (sometimes Google Maps) on Columbus. It is not pointless at all to use two divverent satnavs. Both of them are not perfect and when travelling it saves you a lot of gray hair.

5 hours ago, linni said:

Once more and very slowly.

Directions are there, just picture made in the dark and colors disappeared.

Look at the both screens - distance to destination 207 km.

I think what you’re missing is that he’s asking if the CarPlay map and navigation functionality appears in the Virtually cockpit display in addition to appearing on the Columbus screen. 

You seem to be saying that the car’s built in sat nav display appears on VC, which is neither a great surprise nor what is being asked. 

As as far as I know, no manufacturer currently supports displaying CarPlay in both the media display and dashboard display - this is something that Apple are improving for ios13, but I think car

manufacturers will need to update their car software to make use of it. And given how long wireless CarPlay has been available for them to implement, I wouldn’t hold your breath...

• Thanks 1

I'd be happy with Amundsen versus Columbus, if just for the physical adjustment knobs on the Amundsen rather than the form-over-function flat touch screen buttons on the Columbus.

The DVD player is great to entertain the kids, until you need to drive away, which interrupts playback and then irritates the kids which then results in constant nagging until the next set of traffic lights! Headrest mounted DVD players and wireless headphones are far better.

In the UK we only get one USB port, I think in Europe you get two in front of the gear lever. This can make charging multiple phones and/or utilising Apple Car Play / Android Auto a little problematic, without having to resort to aftermarket adaptors. With that in-mind I'd quite like the wireless charging pad, but the option is no longer available in the UK.

Virtual cockpit is pretty cool to look at.

The heated windscreen was one of the main reasons I was forced into a factory order (very few new or used Kodiaq's had the option when I was looking to buy). A god send in the north of England during the autumn and winter months, but understandably perhaps less so in Belgium.

What does the sleep pack get you, over and above the Sunset privacy and acoustic glass?

Of the options you've listed I'd likely go Virtual cockpit.

7 hours ago, MrTrilby said:

I think what you’re missing is that he’s asking if the CarPlay map and navigation functionality appears in the Virtually cockpit display in addition to appearing on the Columbus screen.

No, I understood perfectly. Carplay never appears in VC, only bult in satnav. 

Now, tested with Google Maps and ZacDaMan72 is half right here. Built in navigation doesn`t work anymore, when Google maps are running. So you cannot use Google maps and car satnav at the same time, car satnav running on VC and Google maps on headunit.

It used to work with a little workaround: first start car satnav, then Android Auto with Google maps (navigation directions activated), then car satnav and then Google maps again. After this workaround both navigations were active and visible. Google have something fiddled in there and tis doesn`t work anymore.

But Waze running on headunit and car satnav on VC still works flawlessy.

Some months ago it started to behave like Google maps and in this case mentioned workaround helped you out. But this was for very short time and at the moment no issues at all.

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I'd be happy with Amundsen versus Columbus, if just for the physical adjustment knobs on the Amundsen rather than the form-over-function flat touch screen buttons on the Columbus.

The DVD player is great to entertain the kids, until you need to drive away, which interrupts playback and then irritates the kids which then results in constant nagging until the next set of traffic lights! Headrest mounted DVD players and wireless headphones are far better.

In the UK we only get one USB port, I think in Europe you get two in front of the gear lever. This can make charging multiple phones and/or utilising Apple Car Play / Android Auto a little problematic, without having to resort to aftermarket adaptors. With that in-mind I'd quite like the wireless charging pad, but the option is no longer available in the UK.

Virtual cockpit is pretty cool to look at.

The heated windscreen was one of the main reasons I was forced into a factory order (very few new or used Kodiaq's had the option when I was looking to buy). A god send in the north of England during the autumn and winter months, but understandably perhaps less so in Belgium.

What does the sleep pack get you, over and above the Sunset privacy and acoustic glass?

Of the options you've listed I'd likely go Virtual cockpit.

With the sleep pack there is this headrest thing extra on the seets and 2 napkins + some extra comfort carpet.

7 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

or just spend extra money and get both... unless it tips you over some tax threshold....

I can only get one, before I exceed my allowed budget (Company car).