The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!

SkodaVRS1963

7 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Was not involved with the local Labour Candidate here in Worcester who I thought was a very weak candidate, much poorer than Mike Foster we had for Labour as our MP up to 2010.  Let us remember, with a bit of analysis, that the Cons only increased their share of the vote by 1%.  Some two million Labour voters, mainly from Birmingham northwards, changed their vote to Cons, Lib and even BREXIT party. The million extra Liberal votes got them nothing under the first past the post system.  

Congratulations to Dominic Cummins and Nagel Farage for their campaign strategy.

Now Mr Dolittle, Boris nickname when mayor of London, has it all to do.  The UK debt having doubled from £1T to £2T since 2010, UK finances in a mess, still, railways also in a mess, NHS also.  I give him a 6 month honeymoon until he is seen through.

On the good side Boris gave away Northern Ireland economically to the rest of Ireland and the 6 countries have more Nationalist MPs than Unionists.  Also Scotland has a strong Nationalist government determined to go their own way so good luck to them on their EU membership process. 

Now to decide who to back in the new Labour leadership election.  I back Burnham back in 2015, thinking of voting Rebecca Long Bailey this time if she stands.   Lets get BREXIT done so I can start earning part of this £7B per year of the new customs entries requirement !!  

Welcome back.

If you'd read my previous posts you would have noticed that I had said that Tory's hadn't won it but Labour had lost it, same as the 2017 GE. 

Your choice of Burnham, only health secretary to privatise an hospital and left enough to possibly get the backing of unions or Rebecca Long Bailey who is just another Corbynite and trying to get those politics past the voters for a 3rd time lucky, is a strange on as they are different camps. Listening to how the backing a future leader would need it will be decisive for the party direction as they are either backed by the MP's or institutes such as the unions. 

1 minute ago, CWARD said:

Welcome back.

If you'd read my previous posts you would have noticed that I had said that Tory's hadn't won it but Labour had lost it, same as the 2017 GE. 

Your choice of Burnham, only health secretary to privatise an hospital and left enough to possibly get the backing of unions or Rebecca Long Bailey who is just another Corbynite and trying to get those politics past the voters for a 3rd time lucky, is a strange on as they are different camps. Listening to how the backing a future leader would need it will be decisive for the party direction as they are either backed by the MP's or institutes such as the unions. 

Thanks.  Been busy changing the motorbike and looking at parts to personalize it.  Re-scheduling BREXIT for 2020 but a good year on consultancy fees in 2019 ! 

12 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I note that Bozo did not deliver on "being found dead in a ditch" either.

One thing Bojo does deliver is exactly what he does not say, just ask the DUP.  

Any sensible person would not trust Bojo with posting a letter on their behalf never mind negotiating ones future.

Bojo has the reverse Midas touch.  

As Peter Cooke says in the first Bedazzled 

Edited by lol-lol

Guest BigJase88
2 hours ago, skomaz said:

Blimey - looks like someone's hit one of Lee's nerves - interesting (selective) response though given all the antagonistic posts he's made in the past (some of which he appears to have accidentally replicated above - thus showing himself to be an equal protagonist...).

Anyhow - any chance we could close this thread (and all other Political ones?) please before it gets even more out of hand.

Yes completely agree. No politics on Briskoda. Brings the forum down IMO

9 hours ago, CWARD said:

@Lee_Esq so much for your last comment on this thread but since you have so much time to go through the previous posts I assume your MIL is now better and you have time answer the question on why your wife was still driving round in a German registered car over two years after residing in the UK, when she was abused by the BMW driving brexiteer?

I do like you playing the victim again, shame it doesn’t wash.

She's not.
I thought I'd answered you and told you it was a company car. It was all arranged by her company's insurance broker who they've used for thirty-odd years.
I'm not playing the victim at all. Just showing that it wasn't as one sided as some try to make out.
Anyway.
 https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/company-cars/index_en.htm
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/company-cars/united-kingdom/index_en.htm

5 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Now to decide who to back in the new Labour leadership election.  I back Burnham back in 2015, thinking of voting Rebecca Long Bailey this time if she stands.   Lets get BREXIT done so I can start earning part of this £7B per year of the new customs entries requirement !!

Would you seriously vote for Rebecca wrong Daily? This was discussed on LBC on Sunday morning. There is a rumour that Rebecca Long Bailey would run as leader and Richard Burgon as deputy leader. One Labour voter said if that was the case then the Tories would have a free ride through the next election. 

• john999boy changed the title to The 2019 Election - Done and Overwhelmingly Dusted!!
1 hour ago, Lee_Esq said:

She's not.
I thought I'd answered you and told you it was a company car. It was all arranged by her company's insurance broker who they've used for thirty-odd years.
I'm not playing the victim at all. Just showing that it wasn't as one sided as some try to make out.
Anyway.
 https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/company-cars/index_en.htm
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/company-cars/united-kingdom/index_en.htm

I thought she must be better with your research that must of taken a while, a bit like your posts on Twitter. Wish her well and hopefully out of pain and mobile by Christmas.

No, like always you skirted answering a question.  I must be getting confused as I thought it was whilst she was driving her Yeti not an insurance courtesy car. Still no idea why they’d give her a lhd car for use in the U.K. 

5 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

Yes completely agree. No politics on Briskoda. Brings the forum down IMO

It's not the politics that bring the forum down but more the divisive attitude and comments that, at times get a bit too personal.

Everyone gets a chance to voice their thoughts and sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong.

People agree with everything being said or absolutely nothing at all.

Discussion should win through though - but always in a manner befitting adult participants.

In saying all that, this thread is now being locked as the 2019 Election is over......

However, fresh deliberation can commence in the new thread which has just been started to discuss how the Government is enacting their manifesto - minus the Brexit part which will stay as it is for now.

Edited by john999boy
Added hyperlink
  • Like 2