Superb iV

Hi Pahtath,

happy to see you here 😉

For the third point, the predictive ACC are the only ACC available on all Superb FL, so what is your issue ? don't recognize the sign ?

If it's the case, have you activated the option in the configuration panel ? 

a+

Edited by pg28

12 hours ago, pg28 said:

Hi Pahtath,

happy to see you here 😉

For the third point, the predictive ACC are the only ACC available on all Superb FL, so what is your issue ? don't recognize the sign ?

If it's the case, have you activated the option in the configuration panel ? 

a+

I tested it and the ACC doesn't slow the car when it's needed. I don't also have any related configuration option as you can see below (sorry in French)

FWIW, I have a Sportline one and I haven't paid for TSP, maybe it's why it doesn't work.

IMG_20200303_135112.jpg

3 hours ago, pg28 said:

yes I have the TSP and for the french no problem (Caradisiac)

Hmmm, gueriop ? 😉

3 hours ago, pg28 said:

for me, the TSP add just the possibility to automaticatly choice the ACC speed.

That's not exactly what I can read from the documentation, but meh, let's wait until next month ;)

yes 😉

it's depending of problem...excatly what are your problem with predictive ACC (automatic speed limit ?) ?

quick search, it seems to be with TSP :

https://www.skoda.lu/models/nouvelle-superb/nouvelle-superb-iv/superb-combi-iv-comfort-assists

Edited by pg28

7 minutes ago, pg28 said:

yes 😉

it's depending of problem...excatly what are your problem with predictive ACC (automatic speed limit ?) ?

quick search, it seems to be with TSP :

https://www.skoda.lu/models/nouvelle-superb/nouvelle-superb-iv/superb-combi-iv-comfort-assists

Correct, that's my guess, we need TSR (not TSP, my bad, but I can't edit yet my posts) for a predictive ACC and unfortunately, it wasn't said by the product sheet.

I'll ask the garage whether they could add it given 

ah yes TSR !

I choose this option for this possibility (but for the moment, I have desactived it, because drive at 80.0000km/h it's a little boring....)

for VCDS, I rode that the dealers don't accept this type of modifications, but on a misunderstanding.... 😊

31 minutes ago, pg28 said:

for VCDS, I rode that the dealers don't accept this type of modifications, but on a misunderstanding.... 😊

Well, let's see what they'll say but at least I'll tell them that given the product sheet doesn't explain that you need to pay TSR for predictive ACC, they should still fix it.

• 1 year later...

I’ve been given a Superb IV, as a company car. It’s “OK”, but do feel quite let down with it at times...

I struggle with the headed seats, can any one shed any light? Occasionally they are quite hot, but of the time you can’t notice they are on. I’ve been trying windows open/heating on etc but can’t find a link!

The infotainment system has been buggy, and would just randomly crash and hang... Though it updated last week so will see if it improves..

I drove to a site late evening, and back early hours of the morning. 172 mile round trip, which cost me around £18 in fuel. At the moment, I can only charge the car at site, not at home.

I only ever drive the car in hybrid mode, not in battery mode. Is this the right thing? All my journeys are on the motorway. A full charge will normally do me about 170 odd miles before battery is on 0 miles. Think I’m averaging about 50MPG

cheers

On 10/04/2021 at 20:12, Jamie Geraghty said:

I’ve been given a Superb IV, as a company car. It’s “OK”, but do feel quite let down with it at times...

I struggle with the headed seats, can any one shed any light? Occasionally they are quite hot, but of the time you can’t notice they are on. I’ve been trying windows open/heating on etc but can’t find a link!

The infotainment system has been buggy, and would just randomly crash and hang... Though it updated last week so will see if it improves..

I drove to a site late evening, and back early hours of the morning. 172 mile round trip, which cost me around £18 in fuel. At the moment, I can only charge the car at site, not at home.

I only ever drive the car in hybrid mode, not in battery mode. Is this the right thing? All my journeys are on the motorway. A full charge will normally do me about 170 odd miles before battery is on 0 miles. Think I’m averaging about 50MPG

cheers

We got our iV last October, it replaced a Mk 3 Superb TSi 150 PS. We had to pay for ours and I do not feel let down at all, even the wife likes it.

I have not used the heated seats but the wife has and loves them. Only has them on the lowest setting and turns them off once her bum is toasty to save electrickery.

Infotainment seems OK other than we do seem to get fewer traffic alerts than we got with the old car. Perhaps because we have been in lockdown and not used it a great deal but if it does not improve as traffic increases it will be one for the dealer to check.

Charge ours at home on the 13 amp plug. Changing to Octopus Go next week so once they get us a Smart meter it will be 5 p a unit charging, better than the 14 p we are paying now. But even that is cheaper than petrol.

I have worked out that with a full charge and the car in hybrid mode we should get about 200 miles max (in summer) before the battery runs out. Longest trip we have done so far was about 100 miles and near home we switched to electric to make the most of it. Last weekend started a trip with a full battery and when we got home we had covered 29 miles with 7 still showing. That is way better than it was doing in the cold, dark depths of winter, 25 was good then.

The petrol mpg is working out at about 70 but its not as simple as that since we have to pay for the electric. Factor in the cost of the electric and it drops to 55 mpg. Very happy with those figures, at the same mileage in the 1.4 TSi it had averaged about 43 mpg.

If Nicola will allow us across the border next month it will be our twice a year Scottish road trip, anywhere between 1000 and 1200 miles in the week. Don't expect much opportunity to charge, no points at the lodge and only 9 points in a 20 mile radius, will have to plan our afternoon coffees very carefully. That trip will show how well it does in the real world.

In truth we never bought it to save money (if we break even I will be ecstatic) but because the other cars we tried were not to our liking. My calcs showed that another 1.5 TSi made more sense financially but we wanted an auto this time and the auto Superb 1.5 TSi we drove was dreadful, slug like at best. Interestingly the Passat estate with same engine/gearbox was much better but still not to our liking. When we got the opportunity to buy a 3 week old pre-reg iv (10 miles) we tried it and loved it and now just hope that the sums work out.

Newbie Superb iV owner here of only two weeks.... After a Fabia vRS, three 170hp diesel Yetis (the last one with a Shark Performance remap) and a Citigo Monte Carlo it was time to change. I bought the Citigo as my yearning for mechanical sympathy meant my commute that went from 30 miles each way to 4.5 just wasn't an option for a big diesel so the Yeti was retained for the longer journeys.

I had thought of leasing an Enyaq and the figures just about worked (many, many spreadsheets of justification) but the final straw was the HM Gov changes with the EV grant so it was back to my pre-Enyaq thinking of a Superb iV. I've always liked the Superb and especially the Mk 3, something clicked when I went to Allams open evening for the Kodiaq and there was Jeff Allam's black Superb Sportline in the showroom. The seed was sown.

So, another few spreadsheets later of what ex-demo Superb iVs were about let me to Caffyns of Tunbridge Wells who had a 6 month old, 4400 mile Velvet Red example for sale. This one is a Sportline Plus with heated screen and reversing camera. It's also got various options such as traffic sign recognition and blind spot warning, so quite well spec'd. I liked pretty much all of the colours but the Velvet Red (like many Skoda colours) is something else when the sun comes out. Seats are great and alcantara so no need for the heater on all the time! Now about the lack of postcode input into the satnav....

Incidentally, I looked briefly at an Octavia vRS iV but was slightly wary of the current software etc issues and the Superb iV has similar genes to my sister in law's Golf GTE and is pretty well proven. The insurance for the Superb is 30% less than the Octavia vRS.

A deal was struck with Caffyns which is around 29% of list. The car was trailered to me (120 miles) and my two taken away in part ex. The deal was fine, the car needed a good polish (which it has now had!) and there are a couple of minor dents in the roof that Caffyns will remove next week FOC (golf tees in a door pocket may be a clue to the dents...). Dashcams fitted and a bumper protector. Oh, and the Vegas will be the winter wheels - there's a set of Supernovas going on when I nip down to Caffyns....

I've only driven 300 miles or so to date but it is brilliant and slightly overwhelming trying to suss out what it is doing and what I think I need to be doing.... I'm used to 'glass cockpits' in light aircraft but the sheer number of variations in the Virtual Cockpit means you'll never get bored on a journey! On a trip I do regularly (105 miles there and then back again) there's a mix of 10 miles of town driving and 95 miles of dual carriageway in the middle. I stayed in electric mode for the town bits, then 'sport' hybrid for the main drive but sat at 65 mph or so. The final electric range said 12 miles so at 10 to go, I went to that and still ended up with 6 left. Game to play will be getting it closer to zero when I get home.

Charging to date has been via the 13 amp plug - also on Octopus Go with an EO Mini 2 being installed next week through Octopus. Last night I charged from 2330 hrs at 20% (4 mile range) and it was up to 100% by 0630 hrs MySKODA app showed 24 miles of range but when I set off that went to 26 miles. Cost for that charge on the smartmeter was £1. Me thinks my fuel consumption/cost spreadsheet I had for the Yeti and Citigo is going to be a bit more complex....

Fun times to be had, I'm sure but suffice to say, so far, I am delighted with it.

DSC02443.JPG

DSC02456.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2021 at 19:39, aerofurb said:

Now about the lack of postcode input into the satnav

I haven't got the latest model but I can enter the postcode by touching the city location, then a small tab appears on the bottom left of the screen.

I own a Superb iV estate with retractable towbar. Where can I find accessories such as 13 pole to 7 pole adapter and the locking bolt key nut?

That is, where in the car are they hidden?

Edited by Apskaft

5 hours ago, Apskaft said:

I own a Superb iV estate with retractable towbar. Where can I find accessories such as 13 pole to 7 pole adapter and the locking bolt key nut?

That is, where in the car are they hidden?

mine is an older Superb and not IV, but does have the towbar. I didn't get a 13-7 adapter with mine. 

On 13/05/2021 at 19:08, facet edge said:

I haven't got the latest model but I can enter the postcode by touching the city location, then a small tab appears on the bottom left of the screen.

I double checked but not an option on a 2020 Columbus but thanks anyway.

You can still get an address in, as the 'search' options narrow it down pretty quickly but just not in what has become the conventional way by starting with a postcode. My very first Columbus was in my first Yeti back in 2010 and that wouldn't allow a full postcode to be put in (it was restricted to 4 or 5 letters/digits) but  software update cured that.   

9 hours ago, aerofurb said:

I double checked but not an option on a 2020 Columbus but thanks anyway.

You can still get an address in, as the 'search' options narrow it down pretty quickly but just not in what has become the conventional way by starting with a postcode. My very first Columbus was in my first Yeti back in 2010 and that wouldn't allow a full postcode to be put in (it was restricted to 4 or 5 letters/digits) but  software update cured that.   

Another 'improvement' that makes things worse then. Why is it that common sense is the last thing to be considered.

The postcode system had got to be the easiest way of navigating. There's always Waze and Google maps I suppose.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 17:40, skidpan said:

If Nicola will allow us across the border next month it will be our twice a year Scottish road trip, anywhere between 1000 and 1200 miles in the week. Don't expect much opportunity to charge, no points at the lodge and only 9 points in a 20 mile radius, will have to plan our afternoon coffees very carefully. That trip will show how well it does in the real world.

More to report after Nicola allowed us to cross the border.

We did 1022 miles in the week so a perfectly normal holiday. Filled the tank and charged before departing. Set the car in hybrid mode with the Auto box ticked. Surprised me when the battery lasted just over 300 miles before dropping to zero and this was cruising with the ACC set at 72 mph for the whole 300 miles.

Got there perfectly relaxed, just like we did in the 1.4 TSi.

We were aware of several "free" charge points in the area and on day 2 went for a coffee and walk round whilst it charged a bit. Discovered whilst it is theoretically free there is a £20 a year registration fee, no way we would get our monies worth so abandoned idea of charging. The company that runs the points is changing the rules from July and changing the £20 a year fee to a once only registration but no indication what this will cost, might be better, might not, we will see.

Did local trips all week, between 4 and 25 miles each time so no long sight seeing outings this time, too wet for that, and refuelled on the Thursday for returning Saturday. Just calculated mpg for the trip (including the cost of electric for the pre-trip charge) and Mr Libre Office (I don't pay for software if I can avoid it) said  55.7 mpg (the dash said 55.4 mpg so pretty close). Very happy with that considering the fact that we could not easily charge the car. Looking at the eco display when we got home showed the car had run 14% of the 430 mile return trip on battery, not bad when we started off with zero miles, shows it recoups a fair bit of power.

Comparing that figure to the mpg we got from the 1.4 TSi manual the first time we did the trip is a good comparison. Both cars had covered just over 2000 miles on departure so both still not bedded in really. The 1.4 TSi managed 47 mpg for the week which I was very happy with. To get over 55 mpg from a heavier car with an auto box with little chance to charge is way better than I expected. Last year on the same trip the 1.4 TSi did 53 mpg for the week so lets hope that the iV loosens up with the miles like that did.

Will it be cheaper to run over 4 years than the 1.4 TSi, doubt it but its a better drive and we like it. The price we bought it for softens the blow of course, probably be less enthusiastic if we had paid £8500 more.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

so if you run it in hybrid mode,  then you could do a trip of maybe up to 200 miles and you're still using both systems?  ie if I went on a long family holiday run,  most of the time pootling along, but if I had to put the foot down then you would still have acceleration of both together ? thanks 

1 hour ago, billblacoe said:

so if you run it in hybrid mode,  then you could do a trip of maybe up to 200 miles and you're still using both systems?  ie if I went on a long family holiday run,  most of the time pootling along, but if I had to put the foot down then you would still have acceleration of both together ? thanks 

The answer is "it depends".

Generally yes, you will have full reserve power for a short burst of acceleration. But there are occasions where you can deplete the battery to a point where it no longer has enough charge to support the boost function.

In this case it'll kick down etc as normal but you'll be leaning on the ICE alone. After a period of driving it'll build up a small amount of reserve power to support a short boost again.

There are ways to manage the battery so you always have boost available. Either by setting a minimum battery charge level or driving exclusively in sport mode.

I have taken to driving in GTE mode to manage the battery level as I find the charge still drops at a pace when in hybrid mode.  It's far easier to hit the go faster button for a bit then to cycle through the menu to battery hold or whatever.  Have also done some tests on long runs in GTE mode and found that as long as you have a good charge remaining the MPG is basically the same as hybrid mode.  Just be careful of the adaptive cruise as it's much sharper in GTE mode than the soft setting I have in individual.

Insert Sport where I use GTE.  Otheriwse should be the same.  Do you guys have a dedicated sport button or do you have to cycle/select it?

54 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

I have taken to driving in GTE mode to manage the battery level as I find the charge still drops at a pace when in hybrid mode.  It's far easier to hit the go faster button for a bit then to cycle through the menu to battery hold or whatever.  Have also done some tests on long runs in GTE mode and found that as long as you have a good charge remaining the MPG is basically the same as hybrid mode.  Just be careful of the adaptive cruise as it's much sharper in GTE mode than the soft setting I have in individual.

Insert Sport where I use GTE.  Otheriwse should be the same.  Do you guys have a dedicated sport button or do you have to cycle/select it?

Yes there is a dedicated sport button. I tried it once but it seemed to use the engine all the time even though there was plenty of battery available, the engine only switched off when stopped at a junction and would immediately restart as soon as I moved off, very lively drive though 💥💥

• Like 1

Good to know. Assuming the coding is the same you have to have a warm engine for it to cut out in GTE/sport mode. Also need to be doing something like under 45mph. Over that and it will stay running. Also it always runs when applying throttle no matter the load. Hybrid mode puts more emphasis on using electric and shuts the ice off at any speed, even motorway cruising.

My GTE button is to the left of the stick. May look into relocating it.