APR 1.0tsi remap released.

Benz3ne

I’ve had my 110 mapped to apparently 145. Not that that figure holds any weight as it’s untested. I’ve put 10k miles on it with no issues. Wasn’t going to wait for apr... It a hell of a lot faster tho definitely recommend it. In the end needed suspension wheels and tyres to go along with it so it wasn’t so boat like lol

1AEE7B57-D320-4838-9756-11F90C4544FC.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Dannyboy85 said:

I’ve had my 110 mapped to apparently 145. Not that that figure holds any weight as it’s untested. I’ve put 10k miles on it with no issues. Wasn’t going to wait for apr... It a hell of a lot faster tho definitely recommend it. In the end needed suspension wheels and tyres to go along with it so it wasn’t so boat like lol

1AEE7B57-D320-4838-9756-11F90C4544FC.jpeg

Looks very smart! Is yours a manual or DSG out of interest? I believe the gearboxes in the DSG are rated to 250NM rather than 200 so can handle the additional torque better (in theory).

5 hours ago, Benz3ne said:

Looks very smart! Is yours a manual or DSG out of interest? I believe the gearboxes in the DSG are rated to 250NM rather than 200 so can handle the additional torque better (in theory).

Mine is the 6spd manual. Not had any problems with the extra torque so far. From what I have found the 6spd is rated at 250nm. I don’t launch it or anything so probably would have to be well above 300nm before any issues cropped up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dannyboy85 said:

Mine is the 6spd manual. Not had any problems with the extra torque so far. From what I have found the 6spd is rated at 250nm. I don’t launch it or anything so probably would have to be well above 300nm before any issues cropped up.

I read into it a little and used a couple of those parts catalogue sites (zap7 etc) and found that for the MK3 at least;

-The 5spd is MQ200 of model 02T, (codes PED & NJV)

-The 6spd is MQ200 of model 02U, (code PEC)

There is interestingly listed a 5spd MQ250 of model 0A4, code PHB, though my findings linked that to the diesel variants.

The 200NM rating is what VW specs them for to last for x amount of time (life of the car?) running above that by a small margin may just reduce that lifespan a little, while going overboard may drop it by alot, by going ham and ramming 300nm through it, it may last forever, or it may last just one 2/3rd gear pull on the slip road before shearing the gears or shooting them through the housing onto the road.. it also depends on the individual box, my old gearbox would likely have exploded if i had mapped it, poor synchromesh gears on 5th were buggered from the factory!

18 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

I read into it a little and used a couple of those parts catalogue sites (zap7 etc) and found that for the MK3 at least;

-The 5spd is MQ200 of model 02T, (codes PED & NJV)

-The 6spd is MQ200 of model 02U, (code PEC)

There is interestingly listed a 5spd MQ250 of model 0A4, code PHB, though my findings linked that to the diesel variants.

The 200NM rating is what VW specs them for to last for x amount of time (life of the car?) running above that by a small margin may just reduce that lifespan a little, while going overboard may drop it by alot, by going ham and ramming 300nm through it, it may last forever, or it may last just one 2/3rd gear pull on the slip road before shearing the gears or shooting them through the housing onto the road.. it also depends on the individual box, my old gearbox would likely have exploded if i had mapped it, poor synchromesh gears on 5th were buggered from the factory!

I’m not 100% what box mine has it’s a 68 plate. My old a3 with the dq250 was mapped to 335nm and had 100k miles never had a problem. I think anything around the rating would be fine. Obviously faults will be more apparent with more power as well as clutch life depending on driving style.

1 hour ago, Dannyboy85 said:

I’m not 100% what box mine has it’s a 68 plate. My old a3 with the dq250 was mapped to 335nm and had 100k miles never had a problem. I think anything around the rating would be fine. Obviously faults will be more apparent with more power as well as clutch life depending on driving style.

The 1.0 TSI uses the exact same boxes, the engine is shifted to the left a little. I'd say 25% over won't significantly affect it unless there was some fault or weakness in the box. Unless you regularly go doing clutch dumping wheel spins and burnouts, in which case, it won't last long at all.

Reminds me, really need to get new engine mounts, new OEM ones lasted ~6 months before going soft and sloppy again, there's no feel to the clutch (the clutch is fine, its brand new pretty much), and driving round town is kinda awful, as you're on and off the throttle can feel the engine shunting back and forth and it kinda ruins the smoothness of the ride

6 hours ago, steslatt said:

Anyone remapped on an MQ200? How is the clutch/gearbox holding up?

As above, the 6sp Fabia Estate is an MQ200 box. Apparently zero issues which is quite reassuring from an engine longevity viewpoint let alone a remapped engine longevity one.

I've not heard of any of the 5sp being remapped, though someone might have done it to an Ibiza, Polo or similar?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

Mine is still going strong no issues at all. It has 14k miles and was mapped at 2k. There are a few guys on these boxes with 280bhp ish that are fine with an uprated clutch. 

Damn that is good going! Think I'll go for the remap soon then.

3 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

@AMD87

can not be spending enough or trying hard enough he has not got to 280bhp yet.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/437057-amds-204bhp-ade-tuning-2014-fabia-monte-carlo-tdi-105/page/13/#comments

That’s the guy I meant lol my mistake I thought he had thrown that figure around. Credit though he’s spent a lot on that little car! 

22 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

That’s the guy I meant lol my mistake I thought he had thrown that figure around. Credit though he’s spent a lot on that little car! 

My friend Bobby has a 1.6tdi golf with 266bhp and 400ft lbs which is 523nm but that has a GTD 6 speed. 

There is an 1.2tsi ibiza around with 280bhp. 

Edited by AMD87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AMD87 said:

MQ250 but putting through 496nm

O.o then again, the clutch is going to be the main factor tbh, though my previous clutch (50k miles and worn/damaged by the dodgy gearbox) only engaged with the last 5mm of pedal travel, even that didn't slip, i was rather surprised.

22 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

O.o then again, the clutch is going to be the main factor tbh, though my previous clutch (50k miles and worn/damaged by the dodgy gearbox) only engaged with the last 5mm of pedal travel, even that didn't slip, i was rather surprised.

Mine got removed at 83k when the diff was fitted for a Sachs SRE and it was fine. 

C9869F62-CA42-4A96-8B33-C6D93BAA41AA.jpeg

9 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Mine got removed at 83k when the diff was fitted for a Sachs SRE and it was fine. 

C9869F62-CA42-4A96-8B33-C6D93BAA41AA.jpeg

I never got to see mine but the pedal did nothing till right at the top where there was about 5mm of slipping and 5mm of fully engaged, it was hard to shift smoothly. The clutch degraded rapidly between 45-50k presumably from the heavy vibrations of the dying gearbox.