Space saver wheel size

Tasape

As its a space saver - its limited to 50 mph anyway... so does not really matter...

All the models whether 17 18 or 19 have more or less the same overall diameter and rolling radius - made up for with the section difference..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit confused about the spare wheel options. The configurator currently lists both as space saving:

Steel space-saving spare wheel - 125/70 R18

or

Temporary steel space saver spare wheel - 215/60 R16

My Karoq has a T125/70 R18 marked as temporary. So they are both "temporary" and  save space apparently the 215 would be 9cm wider 🤔

Not sure.. if it was thicker - would mean a higher floor?

On some cars the spare is collapsible... maybe that's what this is?

But I agree that the options are not well described in many places....especially on configurator

My Karoq 1.5 has the temporary steel space saver 215/60 R16, I transferred it over from my previous Karoq. It raises the boot floor almost to sill level, and comes with polystyrene storage boxes for the boot floor to rest on. I think the kit must come with a new boot floor, because it has opening flaps each side to access the storage compartments, and a longer centre spindle to secure the wheel.

I bought what was then called (incorrectly) a full size spare wheel kit for my Yeti, which was also 215/60 R16, and that came with a new boot floor.

Whether you can still get the complete Kit now for the Karoq I don’t know, but you would need a new boot floor I suspect.

Incidentally, I did measure the 215/60/16 diameter and it is virtually the same diameter as my 18 inch tyres the car came with due to the 60 profile I think.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bohmer said:

My Karoq 1.5 has the temporary steel space saver 215/60 R16, I transferred it over from my previous Karoq. It raises the boot floor almost to sill level, and comes with polystyrene storage boxes for the boot floor to rest on. I think the kit must come with a new boot floor, because it has opening flaps each side to access the storage compartments, and a longer centre spindle to secure the wheel.

I bought what was then called (incorrectly) a full size spare wheel kit for my Yeti, which was also 215/60 R16, and that came with a new boot floor.

Whether you can still get the complete Kit now for the Karoq I don’t know, but you would need a new boot floor I suspect.

Incidentally, I did measure the 215/60/16 diameter and it is virtually the same diameter as my 18 inch tyres the car came with due to the 60 profile I think.

Yes no space between my 125 spare and the boot floor so assume the 215 kit must have bits for the boot floor to sit on. Can just about make that out from the crappy picture on the configurator!

348x174.jpg