Oil light low pressure

Just now, Hecktor said:

I have an oil light on it’s the red one, only comes on when oil temp reaches 96, I’ve had switches changed oil filters and new oil pump but still comes on 

Can anyone advise please 

I’ve had oil filters changed switches oil pump sump cleaned it only comes on when oil temp goes up to 96 and more, cars running ok but it’s a taxi and it will fail test with this problem it’s doing my head in now 

I’ve had oil filters changed switches oil pump sump cleaned it only comes on when oil temp goes up to 96 and more, cars running ok but it’s a taxi and it will fail test with this problem it’s doing my head in now  it’s 2012 1.6 green line 

An oil temp of 96'C shouldn't cause an issue.

Likely guesses:

- low oil pressure

- faulty oil pressure sensor

- damaged wiring to the oil pressure sensor

Given it's seemingly easy to reproduce, you should use VCDS or similar to do some live diagnostics and ideally compare the oil pressure sensor reading with a separate, calibrated gauge.

I’ve had oil filters changed switches oil pump sump cleaned it only comes on when oil temp goes up to 96 and more, cars running ok but it’s a taxi and it will fail test with this problem it’s doing my head in now  it’s 2012 1.6 green line 

The exact oil used should be identified on invoices.

Do you know if the drive belt (item 7 here) for the oil pump was changed at the same time as the pump? Presumably the 'suction line' item 3 was also changed or at  least cleaned out?

He said he changed oil pump and timing belts etc it lasted 3 days the light came back on but before it was on constantly I’m just fed up of it now nobody seems to know what it is and it’s just a money pit 

8 minutes ago, Hecktor said:

Also when dpf is going through it’s cycle which is more often than not

That could be the problem. If the DPF is getting very full of ash, it will trigger regens frequently. As well as getting everything hotter, this may be getting a quantity of diesel into the sump, diluting the oil and making it harder for the pump to pressurise enough.

How many miles on the car, and any history of DPF replacement?

In that case I think this comes down to the DPF ash fullness. You can get an app that will let you look at these things, don't know much about it myself, but someone else will be able to tell you I hope.

VAG DPF app is normally used on Android with a suitable BT OBDII dongle. Not sure what iOS options there are.

How many miles has the car done and did it have the VAG 'emission fix' applied?