Skoda windows

dustrat

Did you leave the keys in your pocket?

If you inadvertently press and hold the unlock button on the key fob all four windows will open.

Likewise, pressing and holding the lock button raises them.

A common complaint across most Skoda (SEAT, VW & Audi too) models for many years. Don't leave the keys in your pocket.

If you unlock the car, but don't open a door within 30 seconds, it'll automatically re-lock itself. This was why the windows were down but the doors still locked.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Yup - as above - I did this (once) to my Skoda Superb I when sat on the keys and it unlocked the car dropped the windows and after a while automatically re- locked the car. Fortunately something moving in mine triggered the alarm and I discovered it before it rained :rain:

Actually the feature of holding down the unlock button is really useful on a summers day to drop the windows well before you get to the car to allow it to cool a little. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292472-window-half-opening/

See Speedsport, 1 June 2016:

Phoned my selling dealer (Lookers, Eccles) to ask them to look at the car. Was put through to one of their technicians who helpfully suggested that as i was on my mobile phone, I sit in the car and follow his instructions......

Ignition on (don't start the engine),

Lower the offending window by pushing the switch down (the switch on the driver's door) and keep holding it down until the window's fully open.

Then pull the switch up, and keep holding it up as the window rises and at the same time apply gentle pressure outwards on the glass near the top.*

Keep the switch up for a further 10 seconds after the window closes & a click should be heard.

The window should now be reset.

Amazing....  it is!

* The application of pressure on the glass isn't in the handbook, so presumably that's something that the technician has discovered through trial & error and was happy to pass on.

A couple of minutes on the phone has saved me a trip to the dealers. Now, that's clever service!!

Edited 1 June, 2016 by speedsport
Edited by Brijo
Format error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, freedie said:

On both my Yetis the windows close automatically when it starts raining (when parked up anyway!).

A great feature on cars with the windscreen mounted rain sensor, but alas one Skoda have for some reason omitted on the latest models (MkIII Superb, Karoq & Kodiaq).

Thanks for very 'PROMT' replies . It seems that I kept my finger on the locking section of key too long and that is what caused windows to open with out me noticing . I'll be more carefull from now on. Thanks again all for replies. Robert.

Edited by dustrat
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, dustrat said:

Thanks for very 'PROMT' replies . It seems that I kept my finger on the locking section of key too long and that is what caused windows to open with out me noticing . I'll be more carefull from now on. Thanks again all for replies. Robert.

I'd be suspicious, holding the lock section of the key down only closes the windows. Holding the open section opens them and the sunroof if you have one.