iPhone max volume after BT connection in car

BGB

After iOS 13 I got an issue with the notification sound on my iPhone X. Every time getting in the car the ringer volume is at max, I dont think it was like this prior to iOS 13. Ive tried hard reset and a reboot but no luck.

Anyone experienced this?

Kodiaq and Columbus. 

4 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The latest version of IOS is 13.1.3.

Maybe the latest tweaks to IOS will solve your problem

Thank you sir but I am already running 13.1.3. 

9 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

When someone rings you scroll the
volume wheel on the steering down to the desired volume.

Doesn't the level then get saved?

No when waking the phone up while in the car it vibrates a little and shows the ringer volume at max. If I turn it down it will be at max again after a short period of time.

I am almost certain that this is an issue with iOS 13 and not the cars infotainment. 

I have the same issue with my phone, it is a Samsung galaxy note 9, which is android. 

I guess I must have screwed up a setting on the infortament system but I've spent hours looking to fix it to no avail. 

I've decided to not to bother with it anymore, I just reduce the volume when I get a call. 

From manual:

› Tap the  sensor field and then the function surface  .
■ Volume - Volume settings
■ Radio announcements - Volume adjustment of traffic announcements (TP)
■ Navigation announcements - Volume adjustment of navigation announcements
(does not apply to infotainment Bolero)
■ Voice control - volume setting for voice output
■ Maximum switch-on volume - Setting the maximum volume when switching on
Infotainment
■ Speed-dependent Volume adjustment - Increases the volume as speed increases
■ Bluetooth audio: - Volume setting of the device connected via Bluetooth ® audio
■ Quiet - Low volume
■ Medium - Medium volume
■ Loud - High volume

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, ecryder said:

Are you using a phone case? Have you tried without the case?

A phone case has no influence on the ringer volume setting.

Every time it connects by Bluetooth both audio and ringer volume go up to max.

This won't be set back to normal when it disconnects..

For audio volume this is fine. Not for ringer of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve talked to Apple but they have never heard of it but confirmed it had to be a software bug within iOS13 as I have the same result in two different cars with the same infotainment. 

A work around-ish solution for me is to toggle the «adjust volume with side buttons» to off, with this the ringer volume is not adjusted only output audio. 

I also have had this issue for ages (for me feels longer than ios13...) anyway it’s got to the point where the wife refuses to pair her phone as it is on max when in the house or after using the car all the time. 

6 hours ago, ecryder said:

Unselecting Bluetooth Audio (A2DP/AVRCP) under Bluetooth settings in the car will stop this problem.  You will still be able to pair the phone and make/received calls but not able to play audio over bluetooth.

Awesome workaround, thank you sir. Always listening to radio anyways. 

9 hours ago, ecryder said:

Unselecting Bluetooth Audio (A2DP/AVRCP) under Bluetooth settings in the car will stop this problem.  You will still be able to pair the phone and make/received calls but not able to play audio over bluetooth.

cool

does Apple car play still work if you turn off BT audio? I still use car play to play music

On 16/01/2020 at 21:26, Iamholam said:

cool

does Apple car play still work if you turn off BT audio? I still use car play to play music

Yes, Apple Carplay still works without any problem. Only Bluetooth streaming will be off.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found the reason for this and how to fix it without turning off the Bluetooth audio (A2DP/AVRCP)?

i have a iPhone with current software and my skoda kodiaq MY20 keeps putting my volume on max. 

I am convinced this is an Apple issue. Our MY18 was fine until the wife updated her iPhone with the latest iOS late last year, from which point the volume issue appeared.

• Like 1