New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

48 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

I'm hoping the petrol vrs comes in at late 20s after discount at most, because the mk3 was available for 23k ish through brokers.  It needs to stay below £30k because £34k gets you into a BMW 330i touring, and it should be a value alternative.

Well Brexit will impact not just Skoda but all manufactures. So that 34k BMW 330i will rise also - so everything will be relative. But as mentioned it’s all still very much guess work as to what the hell will happen. Crazy considering it’s all a few months away 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

I compared a like for like car available on the CZK Config and the Irish Config.

I chose a 1.5TSI Superb Sportline DSG - 873,900 v 40,375E

I then configured a VRS as close to the one I got 4 years ago. I have a 187bhp TDI Manual. No exact match. Nearest is 250bhp TSI Manual or the 190bhp TDI DSG - both the exact same price -  If I got the DSG 4 years ago it would have cost me about 2500E more I think. Mine cost 35K so I need to add 2500K to do a like for like comparison.

So a VRS that cost 37500 4 years ago will cost how much this time around?

Well, I matched everything else almost exact the same. Sunglass, Canton, Paint, etc. 

It is coming in at 913,800 which comparing to the Superb price above - I think it would be about 42K - So thats 4,500K more for the same spec car (albeit new model)

Thats without any of the extras that are very tempting. The upgraded seats(ergonomic) , ADAS features. Folding mirrors are crazy money. DCC, AUX Heating, KESSY.

You could option this car up to 50K euro.

But even if I was happy to go with the same spec as last time around - I'll have to spend 4,500 euro more.

Actually 7000 euro more as a Manual TDI won't be available. 

I think that prices me out. I could import a 1 year old 272 TSI Superb Sportline for 35-38K with vrt paid. Save myself thousands and still have a cracking car. 

All still speculation - but its kinda in line with what I was expecting. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer before getting some concrete numbers.

The 1.5 TSI Sportline DSG Superb in UK is £33585. So based on that, the VRS would be about £35K for a basic enough model (based on rough napkin maths 🙂 ) 

Seems Skoda might miss the mark a bit on this and price themselves out of the target market. That pricing will be bringing too many other viable options into the mix. 

Edited by AJAMESR

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 19:29, MTwedVRS said:

Now available on the German configurator, can’t be long for the UK now!

Edit: only petrol and IV version

Awesome just having a play on there. I think it looks fantastic and I'm really tempted to hold out for one as an upgrade from my MK3. 

20 hours ago, ahenners said:

Awesome just having a play on there. I think it looks fantastic and I'm really tempted to hold out for one as an upgrade from my MK3. 

Same... shame I just bought another mk3 :D 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Priced a Mk8 Golf GTi last night on the VW website and the 245PS hatch with DSG was just under £35,000 then with options to match my Superb Sportline Plus minus the 4WD of course it went upto £39,700 OTR.:nod:

I haven't seen the standard spec of the Golf, but I personally think the VRS prices are pretty good for 2020. It gets a lot of nice kit as standard.

Edited by ahenners

That’s a great standard spec IMO. The standard wheels being 19” is a good move. The 18”s in other markets look pony and make it look really under wheeled.  Winter pack is the only addition for me. No rear wiper either. I’d be waiting for the manual too. 

Edited by SC03OTT
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

That’s a great standard spec IMO. The standard wheels being 19” is a good move. The 18”s in other markets look pony and make it look really under wheeled.  Winter pack is the only addition for me. No rear wiper either. I’d be waiting for the manual too. 

Agree I think the spec is excellent. You could tick no options and be happy you have a well specced car. Makes leasing one a genuine option in future if there are good deals.

Canton is a must for me, Winter Pack looks a bargain at 340. I'd probably add the reverse camera too as it looks like the dynamic indicators aren't standard either and tied to that or another option.

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Priced a Mk8 Golf GTi last night on the VW website and the 245PS hatch with DSG was just under £35,000 then with options to match my Superb Sportline Plus minus the 4WD of course it went upto £39,700 OTR.:nod:

You could get into a 272ps 4WD Arteon for another £3-4K....

11 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

You could get into a 272ps 4WD Arteon for another £3-4K....

Don't worry I wouldn't buy a smaller, slower car like the Golf with it's tiny fuel tank and poor range. I actually feel sorry for all Golf drivers unless they are in the excellent Golf R.:tongueout:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

Very expensive

New cars are expensive shocker? In January 2018 a 245 DSG hatch was £28640 list price. Accounting for inflation that's just over 30k. Given the excellent spec it has, it seems priced about right.

My August 2017 Limited Edition (very high spec) launch edition facelift manual 245 was £27,595 List Price plus the 4 options it came with. One thing now that would annoy me is the first year's VED on the Vrs245 which has increased to £870. Then £150 for year 2.

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Don't worry I wouldn't buy a smaller, slower car like the Golf with it's tiny fuel tank and poor range. I actually feel sorry for all Golf drivers unless they are in the excellent Golf R.:tongueout:

The Arteon isn't really a small car, the same length but a little wider than your bus..... Same 66 litre tank too, same powertrain, possibly less drag 'cos it's quite sleek & cheaper ( when comparing 2nd hand cars, not when brand-new). As for the Golfs the R's get a 55 litre tank & when driven by old people (like us...) 400 miles range is possible. Swapping my R for an Arteon or a 4WD + DCC Superb could be a really good idea, except that my garage is too small & can't afford to change my home right now. 

To get back on track, the new Octavia could fit into my life, but there's still no 4WD petrol & that's what I want / need. Maybe wait for the new Leon Cupra ST with AWD? 

53 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

To get back on track, the new Octavia could fit into my life, but there's still no 4WD petrol & that's what I want / need. Maybe wait for the new Leon Cupra ST with AWD? 

I'm also intrigued by the next Cupra Leon. However, I think the ST AWD 310ps version is going to be high 30s at best. Maybe even nudging over the 40k bracket.

• Like 1

I've just compared the price and spec of the hatch to a pricing and spec brochure dated 13th November 2018, which was the month I picked up my early MY19 245 DSG.

OTR £28,045.00

Extreme 19's £655.00

Heated Front Seats £255.00

Columbus £1,075.00

Front Parking Sensors £400.00

Adaptive Cruise £580.00

Kessy £410.00

Total £31,420.00

So in reality it's actually not a massive increase.

• Like 2

On 02/10/2020 at 13:08, ahenners said:

New cars are expensive shocker? In January 2018 a 245 DSG hatch was £28640 list price. Accounting for inflation that's just over 30k. Given the excellent spec it has, it seems priced about right.

Completely agree, seems very nicely specced for the price

• Like 1