New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

What i know for a fact is a lot of people claim to have remapped lease cars as nobody will actually know if they have or not they just have their word on it and if their rented car is some speed machine  and they are just trying to be big and smart.

Car is as they got it and goes back as they got it.

Briskoda has various driving gods who post how they have blown off some sports car or fast car that the driver probably never knew they were in a race.

Funny how they never say the left another Skoda in their dust, maybe because that driver might be on here and post that they never knew they were being challenged and they were just driving someplace.

George simple question when and what was your last Skoda? A SEAT Alhambra is not a Skoda BTW.

• Haha 1

Briskoda has various driving gods who post how they have blown off some sports car or fast car that the driver probably never knew they were in a race.

Funny how they never say the left another Skoda in their dust, maybe because that driver might be on here and post that they never knew they were being challenged and they were just driving someplace.

I do get quite a few cars pushing a bit, either that or they just like driving close and looking to overtake when there's no chance. I have had exactly what you describe Rooty, an Audi cabriolet of some description, 4 pipes at the back. We were stopped at traffic lights and when they changed he raced off and left me for dead. The fact I had stop n start on, was in eco mode, and don't race anyone in a 30 limit ever probably didn't stop him being convinced he left me for dead. (It was pretty quick to be fair though!!) 

• Like 1

@shyVRS245 I own a Mk2 Fabia.

Apart from a few months a couple of years back i have owned Mk2 Fabias since 2012.

& just for your information, i have never owned a SEAT Alhambra. 

Motability Finance did for 3 years and Arnold Clark have it for sale for 11 months since they got it and have never managed to sell it.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Czechers said:

For anyone genuinely interested in buying a Mk4 vRS, coast2coastcars.co.uk are offering £5k off the petrol dsg hatch and estate including deposit contribution. 

Seems like a fair deal as Skoda only offering £2,000 off on a PCP.

3 hours ago, Czechers said:

For anyone genuinely interested in buying a Mk4 vRS, coast2coastcars.co.uk are offering £5k off the petrol dsg hatch and estate including deposit contribution. 

That seems rather good, especially given the order book isn't meant to be open until Tuesday, the marginal list price increase and very good standard spec. Don't seem to be able to choose colour or options on that site.

Edited by ahenners

@shyVRS245 I own a Mk2 Fabia.

Apart from a few months a couple of years back i have owned Mk2 Fabias since 2012.

& just for your information, i have never owned a SEAT Alhambra. 

Motability Finance did for 3 years and Arnold Clark have it for sale for 11 months since they got it and have never managed to sell it.

We used Motability for circa 10 years, until my (1st) wife passed away. We really needed decent-sized estate cars, to carry her scooter & wheelchair, + luggage & small dog......... 

Never fancied a people carrier, too high to lift her into the front passenger seat, but we were quite happy with 3 Mondeo Wagons + her last car, a V70.

It was quite interesting to return the car ownership world, as in obtaining personal car insurance & deciding what I wanted, rather than meeting the requirements for a disabled person.

FWIW I still dislike small cars, a Golf is a shopping trolley in my mind, anything smaller just won't work for me.

As for the Skoda "Driving Gods" concept, the 3 cars I/ we've have owned (I.E me + wife No. 2) have been / still are quite nippy ( helped by AMD remaps) & can surprise "quick" car drivers, as & when we can be bothered to play. Madam's grey R wagon is also a nice"Q" car too....

Happy Motoring, DC.

@old newbie2

I bought and sold as 'Disabled Persons Automatic Car' Ex lease Mini's the Metro's from 1980 after the first Motability ones were 3 years old and available to buy from a list or at Auction.

I did not qualify for the scheme then as i never qualified long enough for Invalidity allowance and when i did get awards it was backdated.

When i first got a Motability Car the limit was 12,000 miles a year which was less than my commute to work of 5 days a week, let alone more or using the car for family use.

So i have always had other cars, and until a couple of years back had a 17 year old & 13 Year old one that i Bought using 5 years HP from Motability Finance.

I had a 3rd car i bought with 5 years HP but when they ended the HP we were let off with just paying 4 years and the car was ours.

So basically through the scheme i had leased 9 cars and bought 3 others,  on my 10th leased one now.

Now that i am not working i do not need cars sitting about getting used seldom so the cars i will want to work on sometime maybe are tucked up nicely for me or family if they want to drive them.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr_Pepper said:

Does anyone have any update on whether there will be a manual? That autocar report really got my hopes up. If they do im buying one, no question. If not ill be hanging onto my last-of-the-line manual cupra estate sadly

Yes apparently there will be a manual gearbox for the 2.0 litre petrol. This combination is already available to order in the new VW Golf Gti.

13 hours ago, ahenners said:

Saw this decent walk around video earlier, looks fantastic in Grey Estate form too.

Very nice. 41,000 euro though. My 6 month old 6k miles vRS was £18,800. Much as I'd love one the thought of the depreciation is killing me. I've had new cars and they are great, but from a financial point of view not a good move. Lease in all its guises works out roughly the same cost anyway. For now I'm going to say its the nearly new I'll be looking at next. When I bought the vRS just over a year ago I intended to keep it years. I love it, so why am I tempted!!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

Very nice. 41,000 euro though. My 6 month old 6k miles vRS was £18,800. Much as I'd love one the thought of the depreciation is killing me. I've had new cars and they are great, but from a financial point of view not a good move. Lease in all its guises works out roughly the same cost anyway. For now I'm going to say its the nearly new I'll be looking at next. When I bought the vRS just over a year ago I intended to keep it years. I love it, so why am I tempted!!

Forget the euros pricing, we confirmed UK launch prices a few pages back in this thread and it's approx £32k (list!) for the 245 DSG estate as in this video. Which inflation adjusted is barely any more than the list of the 245 MK3 facelift in 2018, but with a lot more standard spec.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2020 at 21:29, ahenners said:

Saw this decent walk around video earlier, looks fantastic in Grey Estate form too.

Why did they keep the Tonka Toy wheels? For me, a quick Octavia should look unassuming.

On 29/10/2020 at 14:28, Czechers said:

2.0 TSi with DSG now showing on Drive The Deal. Almost £6k discount off a standard spec hatchback. Wow!!!

Think this will be £2,000 finance contribution plus nearly 10% discount - both which should be achievable at your local friendly dealer.  Its what I would aim for.

37 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Think this will be £2,000 finance contribution plus nearly 10% discount - both which should be achievable at your local friendly dealer.  Its what I would aim for.

spoke to the salesman Today at Skoda Grimsby and he confirmed that it’s £2k deposit contribution, 4.1% APR and £159 service pack on the VRS, just like the rest of the Octavia range.

currently 12-14 week lead time quoted which means January delivery.  He couldn’t confirm about who they’d expect to cover the 10% import tariff in the event of a no deal Brexit.  That could quickly eat into any discount if the customer has to foot the bill!!

1 hour ago, BA Baracus said:

The £2k deposit contribution should definitely be achievable. But not all brokers can match Drive The Deal, so by that reasoning not all dealers will. 

It's been a while since I bought new from a dealer, but the last time I tried my local couldn't (or wouldn't) get within £1k of Drive The Deal. 

38 minutes ago, Czechers said:

The £2k deposit contribution should definitely be achievable. But not all brokers can match Drive The Deal, so by that reasoning not all dealers will. 

It's been a while since I bought new from a dealer, but the last time I tried my local couldn't (or wouldn't) get within £1k of Drive The Deal. 

my current Golf GTi was bought via DTD, my local VW dealer won’t even quote me once I showed their quote, told me to buy from

them, so I did.

when I bought my Mk3 vRS in 2014 my local dealer matched CarWow, which was the best I could find at the time but I was right at the end of the sales quarter so I think I helped them over the line on a quota

• Like 1