New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

11 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

For me this paragraph neatly how illustrates the "official" emissions and fuel consumption figures will be meaningless for the majority of owners:

The answer is more power as my 2017 Vrs245 with 336bhp averaged 45mpg over 360 miles on a trip to Portsmouth in September 2018.;)

• Like 1

It will be good to know once there are members driving them that can say how far they go from a full charge in the real world of the UK at whatever temps.

It would be really good if Magazine Motoring Journalists also drove them and paid attention and put it in print.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/487433-supern-iv-improving-battery-performance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, sheriffwoody said:

hmmm, so the search begins on autotrader with an ex demo one with the Canton option.

Shame there are no electric front seat options.

There is new brochure 21st December (yesterday), can’t have electric seats, but can have heated rear+front seats (as option)

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/43543ebe-b876-4be5-9692-5aa8d68b302b

4 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Me thinks Skoda UK may have got the pricing of the panoramic sunroof and variable boot floor the wrong way round.

Just checked the configurator for a 200PS 4WD Vrs Estate with Pano Roof and it was showing £1,175 option and the car came to a pricey £39,400 in my preferred spec ........ ouch

On 23/12/2020 at 14:34, BA Baracus said:

Me thinks Skoda UK may have got the pricing of the panoramic sunroof and variable boot floor the wrong way round.

Indeed they had and this is now corrected - so the panaoramic roof is over £1k

9 hours ago, GSte said:

That surely can't be right? Would be a massive shot in the foot....

I’ve read on the vRS Facebook group that electric seats are coming soon, along with other options like a green metallic paint.  Should be the leather/alcantara seats with electrical adjustment/memory as available elsewhere.  The seats also have a pull out extendable thigh cushions.

On 23/12/2020 at 14:41, shyVRS245 said:

Just checked the configurator for a 200PS 4WD Vrs Estate with Pano Roof and it was showing £1,175 option and the car came to a pricey £39,400 in my preferred spec ........ ouch

That's about the UK starting price for a Mk 8 golf R hatch,  probably add circa £2k for the estate? Add  the sensible options = many more pennies, but it would have 300+ PS to play with, + it's on the same (longer than the R hatch) wheelbase as the Octy wagon.

I'd sooner have a Superb Wagon, but R estate residuals are usually quite good.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how long it has been there, but latest brochure (page 31) has a note on servicing, variable services now between 9000 and 20,000 miles upto 24 months, and as per attached quote is now for vehicles driven in an economical manner 

The flexible service regime is recommended for vehicles with a daily mileage of more than 25 miles where the vehicle is driven regularly and mainly at a constant speed with minimum vehicle and engine loading, minimal towing and driven in an economical manner.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/43543ebe-b876-4be5-9692-5aa8d68b302b

Looks like most mk4 owners are going to be on fixed services then as more than 25 miles daily during a lockdown is going to be difficult 

On 18/01/2021 at 17:38, Jmagee said:

Looks like most vRS owners are on fixed services. Driven economically???

My Skoda is serviced annually, circa 3/4K miles PA & is always driven economically.....

(It was registered on May 1st, 2012 & has covered 38,114 miles, it's not been used much.... but it's the high-miler in our mini-fleet.)

On 18/01/2021 at 17:32, SurreyJohn said:

Looks like most mk4 owners are going to be on fixed services then as more than 25 miles daily during a lockdown is going to be difficult 

There is nothing stopping or banning people from commuting despite lockdown.