2 issues oil useage and blind spot monitoring failure

womanofkent

Oh well you tried,  when we took our car in there is a notice that says all dashcams must be disconnected when they are brought in before Skoda will service or do warranty work perhaps just our dealer.😮

Just jumping in - I got a 1Litre bottle of the correct oil in the car at delivery. Got this with previous Yeti also so easy to get correct oil although I agree the handbook is useless - I complained to Skoda customer service and only got waffle BUT my dealer did give correct info when asked

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, womanofkent said:

Oh well you tried,  when we took our car in there is a notice that says all dashcams must be disconnected when they are brought in before Skoda will service or do warranty work perhaps just our dealer.😮

No mention of a problem with the dashcam being installed when my car was updated at Skoda Medway. It only operates with the ignition on.

As you say its probably dealer specific. 

I wonder what the motive is behind this instruction? 

More like so it does not record the short amount of time your car is being worked on it the long service time and record the test drive.. just incase something happens...

But maybe that is just the cynic in me..

• 4 weeks later...

So, my car went in last week to have the BLIS fault sorted (loaned a Kamiq). They initially wanted the car for two days, but if fact they had it done in less than two hours! As previously recommended, all they did was reload the software (not sure about any updates). Anyway , it now seems to be working as it should, in fact it took longer to wash the car than fix the BLIS - which has now led to yet another problem. I now have a faulty reversing sensor at the drivers side rear - as soon as I engage reverse I get an continuous beep and the rear corner is showing up on the screen when if fact I'm nowhere near anything. I'm almost certain that when it was being washed it had been hit square on with the power wash gun (they left the engine running and the dash cam was recording everything once again). Really p'd off as I should have told them I did not want the car washing, chuffing Simply Hopeless! 

Another trip across the bridge tomorrow...

I'm guessing the faulty parking sensor and its continuous beep developed shortly afterwards i.e. it wasn't evident as they reversed the car out of the wash bay or on your drive home?

I wash my car at home with a pressure washer and the parking sensors do get a direct hit relatively regularly, albeit with the lance at a reasonable distance away.

Historically, sensors acting up due to water ingress are usually intermittent as they begin to dry out.

Coincidently, I've just come back in from being laid underneath the back of the car with a hot air blower to dry everything out (I hope). When I first had a look underneath when I first noticed the problem it was soaked on the inside of the bumper and sensor area. Anyway, it's completely dry now and I've given it all a good drenching with AC90, so we'll see how it goes (not tried it yet as I though I'd let that dry out a bit).

Not sure if the problem occurred when they were washing the car but I didn't use reverse until the next day after picking it up. I've got the car booked in for 2 Jan if things don't improve. 

• Like 1