Mark 1 PD 80 engine life.

Shortly to get back our mark 1 pd80 Bohemia estate (2007) from my daughter after 5yrs, it has done 48k .  Is the life expectancy of this engine as good as the pd105( assuming correct engine oil has been used and regular servicing)? Hope to keep it going for a number of years,annual mileage c5k. Many thanks. Any big milers with this engine out there? Cambelt was changed at 28k.

I know of one that is on the go 6 days a week on an 80mile round trip - I think she has 192k miles on her. 

The indie I use Dave services her every 5 or 6k and this happens about 4 times a year ! The NCT here is a breeze ! She has never had a clutch.

A big advertisement for Quality diesel, religious servicing, genuine parts,driven with a good balance of mechanical sympathy and without pussyfooting around. 

The old expression Short Journeys Kill Diesels is very much to the forefront ! 

Get a good spin on the motorways regularly and as said servicing is the key ! 

Edited by VanhireBoys
  • Like 1