Day 1 of Yeti ownership

Mark2LTDI

Hi,

Many thanks for the information muddyjim; much appreciated and very welcome. I'm delighted my old Healey has survived but not delighted it's now blue; it looked stunning in red being a real eye catcher; when I bought it the car came with spares including a brand new aluminium front shroud and chrome bumper these I sold to another guy who was restoring his. In those long ago days such cars were quite common but now as classic cars command extremely high prices.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Back on topic. I wonder if any modern cars will ever become classic cars even the Yeti. Modern cars have so many electronics that I fear it will be the electronics which put these cars into an early scrap yard and as each year passes cars become more complicated; it's like driving mission control around. Our Yeti has so much installed that I either don't know about it or even use it; I could easily live without the infotainment for example. Next will be automatic cars not needing a driver at all; our Yeti is only one step away because on a decent run all I need to do is point it in the  right direction in cruise control. How difficult it now is just to press the accelerator or even adjust tyre pressures. We'll keep our Yeti until it starts to cost us money to maintain it. 

Kind regards, Colin.

• Like 1

Taking full responsibility for starting the drift off post guys.......

To appreciate all that is modern, as the Yeti still is, even more - you need an hour or so in Mollie Mulliner.

Three speed crash gearbox, foot brakes on two wheels (hand brake on the other two).....

Driven eighty miles the other Sunday, it’s all about the journey, not the destination!

D736DB6E-6A01-4D27-989C-C544B0ADA8EE.jpeg

• Like 1

A proper 4 seater family car with nothing unnecessary for the function, no wonder they made such a good base for race cars.

Modern day parking spaces and house garages are made to the generous dimensions for those vehicles.

Any modern vehicle looks completely stupid parked against anything of that era.

• Like 3