Can someone take a photo of trim underneath back seat?

Wench

Bit of a strange request, but can someone take a photo of the plastic trim underneath the rear passenger side seat... photo of mine below. 

my car has been making a loud/annoying rattle from the rear passenger side for ages. I thought it was the parcel shelf bracket. Replaced that today, which appears to have made some difference, but still some noise there. 

ive taken the back seat up, and noticed the plastic trim underneath the seat isn’t attached to the foam/tucked under the seat on one half. Just wondered if anyone can send a photo of theirs to see if mine is normal or broken!

C2BA7E8C-59AC-4D3C-A1B7-05710608F416.jpeg

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Mine doesn't have any of that plastic backing. Yours must be a 'posh' model :D

Mine is a bin end bog standard... unless the seats have come out of something more upmarket 

8 minutes ago, vindaloo said:

I bought mine new from the dealer in 2005. Those plastic covers were loose under the rear seats. Not unusual to find them like that apparently.....

They have snapped in various places as well... The one above is currently bodged up with a bit cut out of an old rubber car mat

10 hours ago, Wench said:

They have snapped in various places as well... The one above is currently bodged up with a bit cut out of an old rubber car mat

Advice given to me was clip them in yourself or throw them in the bin. All they do is keep the seat squabs looking nice if you've flipped the rear seats down.

J.

19 hours ago, TMB said:

Mine doesn't have any of that plastic backing. Yours must be a 'posh' model :D

Likewise on my 04 POV SPEC ONE. Just the bare foam. Another place I'v noticed a rattle from in that are is the hatch not latching properly, as id the cable had stuck. I've given the lock area a dollop of WD40 and all is well. The release handle should be firm . But when mine has not latched properly the handle is sloppy, although the hatch can't be opened.

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:35, vindaloo said:

I bought mine new from the dealer in 2005. Those plastic covers were loose under the rear seats. Not unusual to find them like that apparently.....

This is true, it was part of the PDI to fit them and generally they were so fiddly to do, they were binned. Very few left the dealership with them!