my RS doesn’t bark

You can adjust the volume of sound actuator with VCDS. Default figure is 100%, not sure, if it goes to 200%.

By turning heads of walking people I can assume the sound is noticeable louder outside than inside.

In Sports mode it is bit louder than in Norman mode.

But of course no popping sound of burning fuel in exhaust.

9 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

having already gone to the trouble of designing / installing the sound actuator, you’d think Skoda would give the RS a decent wake up bark. can VCDS rectify this omission ?

A fake sound generator is almost as bad as fake exhausts.

Love the car for what it is, a mid-range diesel SUV dressed up to look more sporty than it is.

• Like 2

If I was spending Kodiaq vRS money and it had to be a 7-seater diesel I'd be going used...

image.png.6522263c2c130b2d6034b69afb5e97b5.png

It might not 'bark' but at least it'll still sound a little nicer.

No sound generator needed and real quad exhausts...

image.png.765826400c03819ce27701f6b45fc671.png

SQ7’s have sound generators. Sounds even more fake than the Kodiaq’s imo. At least the engine insulation is good on the SQ7, so it doesn’t sound quite like there’s two engines in the car. 

It has one, but arguably doesn't need one. A V8, even a well insulated diesel V8 is audibly night and day compared to a 4-cylinder.

I'm determined to own one before both petrol and diesel are banned 🤞

Why buy a "Sports Sport Utility Vehicle" anyway? So bad they used the same adjective twice and then a possible antonym to designate the "market niche" involved. If, after that, it "barks" maybe that means it's a dog?

Having said that, an 8 tailpipe 4 cylinder (or whatever it is) makes no sense on anything!

When you live near a junction where there are cars pulling up which might regularly have drain pipe sized exhausts, Subaru, Honda, Citroen Saxo their idea of sounding big and clever is a PITA and has you thinking, 'there's that d!ck again'.

Funny thing is when there is all the noise and actually no go when they boot it.

No idea why some think others should be expected to enjoy their cars barking.   

An odd supercar now and again can be exciting to hear but not some rubbish with turbo lag and not that much power or some tarted up car with show and little go.

9 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Why buy a "Sports Sport Utility Vehicle" anyway? So bad they used the same adjective twice and then a possible antonym to designate the "market niche" involved. If, after that, it "barks" maybe that means it's a dog?

Having said that, an 8 tailpipe 4 cylinder (or whatever it is) makes no sense on anything!

The origins of the term SUV are already questionable.

I own a Kodiaq, but as far as I'm concerned it isn't an 'SUV'. I don't even know what an SUV is other than an automotive marketing departments wet dream.

It isn't sporty, I didn't buy it to help me play football.

It isn't utilitarian, I don't keep it in the utility room.

I bought it because it is a spacious seven seater estate car with jacked-up suspension.

If it did have a 3.0 litre V8 engine under the bonnet I would definately want quad exhausts.

As it happens it has a tiny 1.4 litre 4-cylinder engine with an even smaller exhaust, which is exactly where it belongs, hidden out of view.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

No idea why some think others should be expected to enjoy their cars barking "

to put the fear of God into young arseholes driving lowered pickups belching black smoke

Do you really think they would give a rats ass about your blue European SUV...