DSG Oil Change. 40k or 80k?

Hi all,

I am about to pickup (on Sat 25.01.2020) a used 2018 Skoda Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0 TDI SCR DSG, 

current mileage is 36K.

The dealer is going to Service it before they give it to me.

I enquired about the DSG oil change knowing it should be done at 40K and the dealer says it's at 80K for this model.

I have been on Chat and on the phone to Skoda UK and on both occasions been told the DSG oil change is at 40k

Who is wrong and who is correct?

Is the dealer avoiding doing the work before they give me the car ?

I just need to know so I keep the car properly maintained and not voiding the warranty. Also I don't want to change DSG oil and spend money when it's not the case/

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks 

Vlad

• Like 1

Depending on where you look/who you speak to it's 38K or 40K.  It's defo not 80K and yes, they are likely trying to get out of doing the work.  Ideally get it done before collection. 

EDIT: The above are in miles.  If you're using KM then it should be done at ~64K KM's.  Still not 80 regardless of units used. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzeroo said:

Thank you. I'll call them...again :)

I can see you've updated you're profile info and are in Bucks so, yeah, they are defo way out with the 80K miles.  It's not a cheap job as the oil costs a bit and it needs a lot of it.  Defo try get the dealer to do the work. 

Fixed price cost with Skoda for you would be £199

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/servicing-maintenance-fixed-price

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I can see you've updated you're profile info and are in Bucks so, yeah, they are defo way out with the 80K miles.  It's not a cheap job as the oil costs a bit and it needs a lot of it.  Defo try get the dealer to do the work. 

Definitely 40k miles (or thereabouts). It’s an easy job but yes the oil is remarkably expensive. I think it cost me something like £130 to DIY.

• Like 4

Maybe look at this thread in the Octavia Section on the DQ380 DSG.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/470669-dq300-service-schedule

Best get Skoda UK Customer Services to check with the Technical Department and put it in writing to you the Service Schedule.

Also get a Dealership to show you in writing the Service Interval now that is a Schedule or a Guideline.

@zzeroo

No point calling anyone, you want it in writing.

When you do call get their Name, Job Title / Position in the organisation and ask them what qualifications they have and are they relevant to Mechanical Engineering or Keyboard / Communication skills.

The nonsense coming from UK Main Dealership Employees and Customer Services is becoming scary because of errors passed onto car owners or drivers.

SKODA_Warranty_Terms_November_2018.59c8de521ff537083074db669bd4a47d.pdf

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 1.28.05 PM.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Thanks 1

DSG can be sealed for life (no service), 38k or 80k for the skoda superb MK III, depending on the engine variant you have.

Assuming it requires a service and is not sealed for life, it's 38k, unless it's one of these newer engines which is an 80k service. 80k service required on the following:

2.0 TDI CR 7 Speed Automatic DSG DFGA 150 BHP
2.0 TDI CR 7 Speed Automatic DSG DFHA 190 BHP
2.0 T FSI 7 Speed Automatic DSG DNUA 272 BHP
2.0 T FSI 7 Speed Automatic DSG DKZA 190 BHP
2.0 TDI CR 7 Speed Automatic DSG DSRB 150 BHP
Edited by Wardy-
  • Like 2

The only 'Sealed for life DSG from VW Group are DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG 2009-2020.

They are no more than 192 PS & 250 Nm Toque.  so 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 or 1.5  or 1.8 TSi FWD or 1.4 or 1.6 TDI's

Then when VW Group do a World Wide Recall or Service Campaign as they did 2012-2014 then they might change the oil.

38,000 mile is what Audi say on s-tronics,  (Same as a DSG)  VW / Skoda / SEAT say 40,000 miles.

& the 80,000 mile thing is appearing now.

**** See DQ381 *****

http://tps.trade/blog?blog=1737

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 2.11.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 2.23.18 PM.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

@Roottootemblowinootsoot

Thank you, I have now written to them so I can have the answer in writing.

@wardy-

The car I'm getting is a 2018 Skoda Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0TDI SCR 150PS automatic DSG, looks like the dealer may be correct in saying 80K...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

The only 'Sealed for life DSG from VW Group are DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG 2009-2020.

They are no more than 192 PS & 250 Nm Toque.  so 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 or 1.5  or 1.8 TSi FWD or 1.4 or 1.6 TDI's

Then when VW Group do a World Wide Recall or Service Campaign as they did 2012-2014 then they might change the oil.

Yes, so the sealed engines for the Mk3 superb are these variants:

1.4 TSI 7 Speed Automatic DSG CZEA 150 BHP
1.5 TSI 7 Speed Automatic DSG DADA 150 BHP
1.6 TDI CR 7 Speed Automatic DSG DCXA 120 BHP
1.5 TSI 7 Speed Automatic DSG DPCA 150 BHP
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zzeroo said:

@wardy-

The car I'm getting is a 2018 Skoda Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0TDI SCR 150PS automatic DSG, looks like the dealer may be correct in saying 80K...

Based on that variant; If it's the 6 speed auto, then it's 40k. If it's the 7 speed auto, then it's 80k

• Like 1

IMPORTANT.

These Sealed for life DQ200's have 2 oils, in the box and the MCU.  Both can be changed / Serviced.  But because you want them, not because some muppet has no idea about what DSG you have.  There is no Service Schedule or Guidelines on them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zzeroo said:

It’s Trans City Skoda in Walthamstow, London. 
https://www.transcityskoda.co.uk/about-us/
They sell new Skodas and Approved Used ones as well

Odd.  Warren Blackburn from Trans City sold us our first Skoda, an Octy vRS and their service was impeccable.  They've sold Skodas for a long time so I'm surprised they've given you duff info. 

OT - Watching them use the lift to get our car down from the upstairs showroom and into the car park was like watching a giant game of car Tetris 😁

• Like 1

I'm not saying it's duff information. It was just the fact I knew something about 40k, confirmed by Skoda customer services. And they say 80k...just managed to confuse me.

1 hour ago, zzeroo said:

Just need to figure out now if it's the 6 or 7 speed auto. 

^^^Just this then, to confirm. Put in semi auto mode and the dash should tell you I would think.

but you would hope they would know the correct service schedule...........

I'm jealous btw.......sounds a perfect car to replace mine.

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

So, to sum up...
- Dealer selling me the car says it's 80k.
- Mechanic who works for Skoda in Oxford (Friend of a friend) also says it's 80k as it is a newer model
- Skoda Aylesbury also say it is 80k

-Skoda Customer Services advised on 2 occasions via chat and phone that it is 40k. I have emailed them to have it writing, expecting a couple of days for a reply.

Tend to believe the dealer now but it's sad to see the difference in advice...

• Like 1