DSG Oil Change. 40k or 80k?

14 hours ago, unclerichy said:

2016 280 here and I'm having the DSG oil done at my 4th service even though it's only covered 24,000 miles. I'd rather spend it on preventative maintenance, especially since I tow a caravan.

Having changed both the DSG and Haldex on my 280, if there is any oil to be changed ahead of time I suggest it’s the Haldex. On mine, it was black and totally full gunge (clutch fibres I guess) whereas when I changed the DSG at 40k its look and texture were indistinguishable from the new oil I put in.

Which DSG does it have?  Mine's an older car and has the wet-clutch DSG 6 speed.  I am aware that there are some with dry-clutch DSGs, possibly 7-speed?  I don't know - but it may be that it's a dry-clutch DSG which won't need an oil change.  

I'm no expert though - so take whatever I say with a very large pinch of salt!

Back from the stealers after booking in for 4th service and they've shown me the Skoda system screen which says DSG change is distance (40,000 miles) and not time. So I'm holding fire until the 5th service as I'm not even 2/3 of the way to the official point (towing or otherwise).

Odd as I'm sure my Mk II was distance or time.

21 minutes ago, unclerichy said:

Back from the stealers after booking in for 4th service and they've shown me the Skoda system screen which says DSG change is distance (40,000 miles) and not time. So I'm holding fire until the 5th service as I'm not even 2/3 of the way to the official point (towing or otherwise).

Odd as I'm sure my Mk II was distance or time.

All DSG regimes are based on distance, across all Audi, Skoda, SEAT and VW :).   You might be thinking of the haldex regimes, which can be time or distance based, model/variant dependent

Edited by Wardy-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

What is the code of the DSG that conformation from Skoda UK is talking about?

No code mentioned, I gave them the car reg.

How can I find out this code myself? and I will update this thread once I pickup the car tomorrow..

• Like 1

So about as much use to others as a VW Group Owners manual.

Fire off another Email and ask, is it a DQ380 DSG you are confirming has a Scheduled Oil Change at 80,000 miles and is it just Fluid or Fluid & Filter.

They might as well do something for a living as well as knock back Warranty claims.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2020 at 12:02, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

So about as much use to others as a VW Group Owners manual.

Fire off another Email and ask, is it a DQ380 DSG you are confirming has a Scheduled Oil Change at 80,000 miles and is it just Fluid or Fluid & Filter.

They might as well do something for a living as well as knock back Warranty claims.

They've come back saying it's a DQ381 scheduled oil change for transmission oil only.

• Thanks 1