How to sell wheels + tyres?

ejstubbs

Trouble is, they're bulky and heavy, and thus likely to cost an arm and a leg to ship.

I'd be interested in how other forum members have gone about this.  Would Gumtree be likely to bear fruit?  (Ha ha.)

Edited by john999boy

29 minutes ago, ejstubbs said:

Trouble is, they're bulky and heavy, and thus likely to cost an arm and a leg to ship.

I'd be interested in how other forum members have gone about this.  Would Gumtree be likely to bear fruit?  (Ha ha.)

Include all model and size info in the advert.

Edited by john999boy
Quote updated.

2 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

£5 Freedom to advertise Wheels & Tyres for sale and you might get a local member that can collect.

Or Paisley Freight can collect and deliver at a fair price.

http://paisleyfreight.com

Summed it all up. I sold winter wheels/tyres on here and buyer came 200+ miles to collect - though to be fair he was up this way on business. Don’t ask too much, lots of photos and close ups to identify wheels - are they VAG for example. Include tread depth and then hope they sell. You might like to put a sneaky post on the Yeti forum telling members what you are selling and where.

• Haha 1

I needed space in my shed for a new bike purchase. After having a look in the selling section on here, and seeing just how little steel wheels and cold weather tyres were going for, I was resigned to actually paying local tyre fitters to take them off my hands (LA Recycling Centre doesn't take tyres).

As a last resort I popped in to the local taxi office near me and asked if anyone wanted them. Took a while for one of the drivers to get back to me, but I eventually sold them for £40.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it depends on how much life is left in them, and whether alloy or steel and condition whether it's worth flogging them or not.  Steelies with 2-3 mm of tread aren't realistically going to fetch much, Alloys in good nick with 7mm of tread on em will go for good money.