Superb 2 1.9 tdi low oil pressure sensor red warning light on

Joe41

Hi i have a question about a superb 2 1.9 tdi i want to buy i was waiting on the seller to put another mot on the car and when he did i checked mot history and it said on the advisories that the car has low oil and a oil pressure warning light with the word dangerous .now the guy says the engine had plenty of oil and they must not have checked properly ,the mot  garage said its looks like the oil pressure sensor is faulty.now the seller said that he had done a few hundred miles in the car and the engine has not blown up and from the mot fail day to the car passing the mot he had done 100 miles in that time, how many miles do you think if the car had no oil pressure would have lasted before the engine blew up?i don't thing it would have lasted very long what do you guys think.

If the car was run without enough oil, I'd be concerned. If nothing else it suggests poor maintenance all round if they weren't paying attention to the oil level; who knows what other problems may be lurking due to poor maintenance?

2 hours ago, jafo said:

Looks like seller doesn't know current MOT rules - YOU CAN'T DRIVE WITH FAILED MOT - even if the previous MOT still have few days left. 

This is wrong only if fails with dangerous items

Driving a vehicle that’s failed

You can take your vehicle away if:

• your current MOT certificate is still valid
  • no ‘dangerous’ problems were listed in the MOT

Otherwise, you’ll need to get it repaired before you can drive.

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

The guy put it in for an mot it failed then a day or two later it passed.what gets me is why you would put the car in for an mot when knowing it has a fail like that which is an advisory for the whole year like low oil pressure warning light for it to be on the mot 

@Joe41

Have you looked up the previous fails on mot checker on the GOV site?

As above run away 

Might be the kind of owner that thinks maintenance of a car is take it once a year for a MOT
I know a few like that and they also think the car gets serviced at he same time🙄

Edited by DEL80Y

19 hours ago, DEL80Y said:

@Joe41

Have you looked up the previous fails on mot checker on the GOV site?

As above run away 

Might be the kind of owner that thinks maintenance of a car is take it once a year for a MOT
I know a few like that and they also think the car gets serviced at he same time🙄

Yeah thats the first thing i checked.I asked the guy if he would allow me to pay to get the engine tested oil pressure test and compression test but he gave me an excuse so thats the end of my interest in that car.