Scala available in Lava Blue / Petrol Blue

PeePay

A few weeks back, the Lava Blue / Petrol blue color was made available for Scala in Czech Republic and Slovakia and I ordered it just a few days after that, so I believe I may be one of the first people to have this color on this car when it arrives in March.

I can post pictures then.

Hey PeePay, I ordered mine in Lava Blue colour two weeks ago :-) I'm situated in the CzechRep - originally wanted to get the metallic silver but wifey convinced me to go for the Lava Blue after seeing it in real on Octavia and Karoq. Have not actually see Scala in this colour on any real photos (Google does not help), do you have any? 

I don't believe there is actually any built yet. I ordered in the half of January and the dealer said it must have been added just a few days before, because he himself wasn't aware of the availability. So first deliveries of Scala Lava Blue can be around beginning of March.

I saw the color live on Superb and really liked it, my wife is excited about it too, although just from pictures and videos of Superb and other cars in that color :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's raining here now and I took just some shots on my way to work, but here they are. Hopefully when the weather is sunny I will be able to make better pictures.

IMG_20200306_093036.jpg

IMG_20200306_093043.jpg

IMG_20200306_093057.jpg

IMG_20200306_093113.jpg

IMG_20200306_093123.jpg

Edited by PeePay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I'm pretty sure it's Lava Blue :D

The pictures are distorting the color a bit, the rain doesn't help either...

I know the distinction between the two colors, mine is definitely Lava, looks nothing like Titan :)

38 minutes ago, PeePay said:

Well, it's raining here now and I took just some shots on my way to work, but here they are. Hopefully when the weather is sunny I will be able to make better pictures.

IMG_20200306_093036.jpg

IMG_20200306_093043.jpg

IMG_20200306_093057.jpg

IMG_20200306_093113.jpg

IMG_20200306_093123.jpg

She is an absolute beauty!

1 minute ago, PeePay said:

Thanks! And - I agree 😄

When you received your car, did you have to go and sort a temporary SPZ from the police station?

• 2 weeks later...

How's the new Scala after a week of usage? Any new pictures 🤤? Got in touch with the dealer yday and our Scala has been built already and its on the way to the dealership - we should pick it up on the 26/27th 😋 Fingers crossed COVID won't delay it 🤞

• Like 1

It's perfect, really roomy. Although I don't drive that much these days, due to the coronavirus restrictions (I am working from home, for example), so no new photos either.

If it's on time, stay safe when picking it up! If it's not on time, it's worth it to wait due to health and prevention.

• Like 1

I’d have ordered this colour if it had been an option 😞

Mines been delayed despite already being built and in England when ordered.  It was to take 2-3 weeks, it’s been 4 and counting.  Dealer hoping to have it for the end of next week or start of the following week, so 6 weeks plus to cross the Irish Sea!  Not great timing on my part but I’m sure there many more important things than my Scala to be shipped.  I just hope it arrives before the dealer closes (if that happens).  I promise I’ll just sit in it in the driveway with a face mask on 😜

Edited by Tarby

I found an ad with the Scala Lava Blue (pictures in): http://www.sauto.cz/osobni/detail/skoda-scala/scala/18682867

Our Scala has arrived but the dealership show room is closed. Spoken to the dealer and because of the recent law & events, they are unable to hand it over. We have our new car literaly 500 meters from our place and we cannot pick it up🤯😲😲😭

It sucks to have to wait more, for both of you, but it is definitely for good reasons...

That link is the first occurence of the car in that color I have seen on the internet, save for my pictures here :)

I like the design and surprised on the size of the rear window. When I looked in a Scala at our local dealers I thought rear vision was restrictive and rear window from the inside looking out rather small.

On 20/03/2020 at 08:11, edbostan said:

I like the design and surprised on the size of the rear window. When I looked in a Scala at our local dealers I thought rear vision was restrictive and rear window from the inside looking out rather small.

Same here, though I think in my case its because the window is quite a bit further back than on my current Fiesta.  The black surround will make it look bigger from the outside too of course.

Congrats!

Looks exactly like ours, even the wheels are the same! :D

Hopefully you'll get to spend some quality time with it soon :)

Unrelated... Where do you still have snow? 😮

Adding some picture from over the last few days + first experiences after the first 6 days of owning Scala. I have to say the car looks fabulous and drives nicely. I'm glad we went for the colour, I like how it changes colours based on the light angle. Also, with the LED lights on, the car looks gives even better impression. 

1) Driving

We got the 1.0 116hp and it is more than enough of power. Did not want to do high revs (new car) so was worrying about overtaking, but really no problem, the car has enough power in low revs too. The car is silent, speeds to 100km/h so easily one can easily forget about the speed limits :)  .... so far I'm more than satisfied with its power. Driving in the night is great - I hated driving in the night with our old car because I did not see well - now with the LED lights & auto/corner lighting, the quality of the sight improved significantly so I do not mind to drive in the night again.

2) Infotaiment

Our Scala has Bolero with a digital cocpit & climatronic. I was a little worried about the aircon controls from the infotaiment, but after setting it to auto mode, did not have to change the fan speed once. After several unsuccessful attempts to connect my Samsung S7 wirelessly, I found out the S7 is not a supported phone (https://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/). Fortunately the wired connection works OK - the maps & music player works nice. One thing that I did not figure out how to use is the WAN - I did set it up, but for some reason (?) my phone was unable to see the network in its list. Will give it a try with another phone soon.

3) Locking, Kessy

This is my first car with Kessy and I'm really impressed how well it works. I just keep my car keys in a jeans pocket and can forget about them. Together with the Start / Stop button it really makes life easier, even for when opening the tail gate.

4) Things I need to get used to

- Sooo many features :) After almost a week with the car, I still have a few things to learn.

- The back mirror is on a console that blocks part of the view to the up. It is nothing serious, but I found this a little annoying when waiting on the lights and had to move a bit to the left to see the colours. Minor point though as this won't affect 99.9% of the time in the car :)

Got a question - how do you wash a new car? There was some snow last week and I managed to get the sides a little dusty, so I took it to a contactless car wash today. I heard it is safer than a regular car wash, but still was feeling a bit uncertain when washing the new 'precious' with a pressure pistol :)

1101952677_Screenshot2020-04-05at19_11_35.png.069fc176b6911a5d62d53cf3a3bc7523.png1503780854_Screenshot2020-04-05at19_12_01.png.9ca81489ce7f9d78ef277f10ac76474e.png1692888437_Screenshot2020-04-05at19_10_49.thumb.png.5135130aa35b549809af4da824d36fce.png

Edited by ajrimmer
  • Like 1

My last car, prior to collecting my Scala a few weeks ago, was purchased new in 2010. On that car, I always hand washed it about every 3 weeks with a sponge using warm water and car wash soap (combo wash and wax). Once a year or so I used Turtle Wax lce Polish. I still have the car and 10 years later the paint is still really good and not much different from original (other than stone chips and some scratches). So I think the regime worked well.

So I figure I'll do the same on the Scala.

A week after getting it, I hand washed with a sponge and did this with just water and very mild car cleaning soap this time as it was brand new That got it extra clean. Then I gave it a polish with the Turtle Wax Ice . So will see how it goes over time. The Race Blue paintwork certainly seems very smooth, spotless and shiny as it sits in my garage under lockdown.

@ajrimmer, glad you had the time to familiarize yourself with the car. To all you wrote I can just say I fully agree :)

As for the washing, I did not have any bad experience with the regular automatic washers, so those are what I use when necessary.