New company car time - another Superb or something different?

So, after 4 happy years and about 123,000 miles in my current Superb, which is a company car, it's up for renewal and I'm trying to decide which way to go.

As it stands, the budget I've been given will allow me to have a base spec Superb SE hatch, 2.0 TDi manual (with an added spare wheel and free rear wiper).  This is a slight step up from my current 1.6TDi S spec hatch, with some added things that I've come to think over the last 4 years will be helpful such as front parking sensors and ACC.  However, despite the drop in CO2 emissions between engines, due to the increase in value my BIK tax amount will go up a bit, albeit this seems unavoidable unless I go for something smaller, and given my annual mileage I don't think that will help.

The other option that's floating around is a Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport, SRi with 1.6 TDi Ecotech engine.  I haven't had a test drive yet, but from reading around it seems they drive well for my type of long drives, and are fairly close (ish) in size and spec - the only thing I can't see the Insignia has is the ACC or Vauxhall equivalent.  Based on the lower price, even with higher emissions, I think this will save me about £4 per month in BIK (OK not a lot I know).  I guess aside from ACC, the main thing the Insignia has for me is that red paint is available at no extra cost, whereas the Superb SE would be in the basic blue colour as red busts the budget!

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice - it's probably a case that there isn't a wrong choice but thought I'd throw it out there!  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ACC with a manual mmmm... Better than nothing I suppose .. Insignia we have loads in our company of all trim levels and they are universally hated. After listening to everyone bitch about them I would never have one !

Thanks for all the feedback.  Seems Insignia might not be such a good idea, especially as I'm used to a Superb now, so better stick with what I know (and the tax difference is minimal).

Yes, I know an automatic with ACC would be the best mating, but sadly my budget just isn't that generous else I'd have one like a shot.  Given I've had 4 years in an 'S' spec car, going to a newer SE spec will be a step up for me anyway!  Most of the time I'll use the ACC will be doing 50-70mph along the A14/A11 so probably not needing to change gear much.

I was hoping to try for a new Octavia, but I don't think I can string it out until May, more's the pity, the move to a new car is already a bit later than expected (I think I should have been having the discussions last October/November but they forgot!).

• Like 1

The 2.0 Superb will use less fuel than the 1.6 as you don't have to work it so hard. 

If you claim mileage rate, rather than having a fuel card, it can push you up a rate.  I had an early Accord Diesel (2204cc) and ended up claiming about 6p per mile more than would have been the case with a 2.0 Diesel - those extra 4 cc were very valuable.

• Like 1