This is what I woke up to this morning, DAMN

16 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

I am ahead of you mate, or my good lady is as she suggested it. Already posted.

Post the link, I'll share it even though I'm not near you, you never know...

5 minutes ago, NikTheGeek said:

Post the link, I'll share it even though I'm not near you, you never know...

Is this what you mean mate, or something else. Wish I knew a lot more about computers sometimes.

Well the car got picked up this morning. There are mechanical faults as well as bodywork, as the steering was very faulty when they loaded it. The worst part, the guys recon it will probably take at least 3 weeks to sort out. Got a Ford Focus hire car from this Saturday, just so that I can travel to do some work. 

• Sad 1

Absolutely c**t1$h thing to do to someone and not leave details, they drive up insurance costs nevermind the stress it puts on the owners.

Many years ago a driver smashed into the front of my Isuzu Trooper, fortunately the hit the massive cow-catcher on the front of the car and caused no damage, plenty of paint left behind though.

a couple of weeks later we found a Vauxhall Vectra parked behind some with significant damage to the front of the car, the damage parts had black paint on them that matched the black paint on my huge bumpers and the silver paint on my bumper matched the Vectra.....

I used to wink at the fat chav every time we passed and he could never look me in the eye.

45 minutes ago, StriderDog said:

Absolutely c**t1$h thing to do to someone and not leave details, they drive up insurance costs nevermind the stress it puts on the owners.

Many years ago a driver smashed into the front of my Isuzu Trooper, fortunately the hit the massive cow-catcher on the front of the car and caused no damage, plenty of paint left behind though.

a couple of weeks later we found a Vauxhall Vectra parked behind some with significant damage to the front of the car, the damage parts had black paint on them that matched the black paint on my huge bumpers and the silver paint on my bumper matched the Vectra.....

I used to wink at the fat chav every time we passed and he could never look me in the eye.

I an ashamed to say in a way now I am older and usually far more sensible, but if I did find the culprit in a quiet area, it's not a wink I would give him. The "old way" of dealing with this sort of person would be dealt out. You just know it must be one of the chavs of Didcot without insurance and probably drunk, who did this. I guess I will get over it eventually, but at the moment no chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderDog said:

Absolutely c**t1$h thing to do to someone and not leave details

Given nobody heard the collision, I'd put money on the driver being unaware he or she had reversed in to something. Remember it was probably occured when it was dark outside. The damage doesn't look like it was caused by another car - it could well have been a large truck or trailer.

32 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Given nobody heard the collision, I'd put money on the driver being unaware he or she had reversed in to something. Remember it was probably occured when it was dark outside. The damage doesn't look like it was caused by another car - it could well have been a large truck or trailer.

Fair comment, however even a large vehicle would feel the sudden resistance or at least heard the crump. Hopefully Dave will get some answers ad I would also imagine the damage to the fence will also cost to put right, it's a real downer to find this has happened to your car though.

37 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

I have recently been thinking it could be a 7.5 ton vehicle. There really is not enough room for anything much bigger. Why they entered this parking area in the middle of the night goodness knows. 

• Like 1

Someone settling a score, - mistaken identity?

Dead easy to do if you have the right vehicle.

Just now, roaddetective said:

I have recently been thinking it could be a 7.5 ton vehicle. There really is not enough room for anything much bigger. Why they entered this parking area in the middle of the night goodness knows. 

As for being unaware, they must have felt it. Years ago I drove far larger LGV trucks for a living and I would have felt it. Although it's after the horse has bolted so to speak, I am going to fit a CCTV camera covering the car park for the future. Of course nothing will happen in the future once the camera is fitted on the wall.   

• Like 1

Hopefully you could say "at any time" in the place of "recently" because some people have very long memories, this dog has waited over 20 years but will still have his day when the opportunity presents.

Anyone in the roads approaching your parking area with CCTV?

48 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully you could say "at any time" in the place of "recently" because some people have very long memories, this dog has waited over 20 years but will still have his day when the opportunity presents.

Anyone in the roads approaching your parking area with CCTV?

No CCTV close to where I live. The nearest council camera is quarter of a mile away in the town centre. Can't get access to that and the police are not interested to follow anything up.  

11 minutes ago, Pilotguy said:

Any houses with Nest Hello, Ring or similar doorbell cameras that overlooked the car park area? It would be worth looking around and asking anyone with them to have a look through. Any other cars with dashcams that may have recorded the incident?

No houses with camera doorbells here. My car is the only vehicle with a dash cam. The vehicle that hit mine came from a 45 degree angle anyway, so my cam would not have caught any footage if it was on. It is a mission impossible me thinks to catch the culprit and I am no Tom Cruise!!

Update- As I expected the steering rack needs replacing. The good thing, no other mechanical damage. The not so good, the steering rack has to go onto back order with TPS, 7-10 days to supply it. Then they have to re-book the car into the workshops. Going on holiday on the 6th of March, so it's now a train down to Gatwick instead of taking the car. Have to take a train again when I get back home from holiday to pick up the car in Reading. Buying and sticking up CCTV camera  with DVR tomorrow to cover the car park. Better late than never I suppose! Will post up photo of car when all is done, maybe with a smiley face at last as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

The latest on my bad luck. I picked up the car at last this morning after getting the train to Reading where it was fixed, whoopee. Drove it up the road and once I got it up to speed, heard a small droning noise coming from the front, the start of a wheel bearing failure I thought. Took it back to the garage and the mechanic took it out for a test, although he would not let me come with him due to the bloody virus problem we have in the world. He came back and said, wheel bearing problem. So they gave me a Seat to take home while they fix it. Why did he not give it a proper road test in the first place!! I have plenty of time to go to Reading again anyway, as I am self employed and all my training work has been cancelled, bugger!!! Just had a fantastic holiday thank goodness, the only piece of luck I have had lately. Hope to come back with some better news very soon.

• Sad 3

Glad everything turned out OK. Pity you can't drive it because it sounds like your home is the most dangerous place to leave it.

At least you've got plenty of time on your hands to fit a dash cam.  :wink:

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Glad everything turned out OK. Pity you can't drive it because it sounds like your home is the most dangerous place to leave it.

At least you've got plenty of time on your hands to fit a dash cam.  :wink:

You should see in the photo, I already have one fitted. I also now have CCTV covering the car park. 

15 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

You should see in the photo, I already have one fitted. I also now have CCTV covering the car park. 

:thumbup:

Glad to hear its sorted. I had someone reverse into one of my old cars (parked on my driveway) on Christmas eve, woke to it on Christmas day. The front bumper had been smashed in but no other damage. Luckily one of my neighbours had grainy CCTV footage which was enough for me to confront the neighbour across the road who'd had a family member visit them. Footage showed them reverse off the driveway right into my car. They paused for a minute then drove off. They definitely knew they did it!

Of course they wanted to lie their way out of it until I said I'd just let the Police know. A few days later we negotiated a repair bill, there was alot of argument from them though with zero apology. Scum bags.

Edited by JimmyUK

44 minutes ago, JimmyUK said:

Glad to hear its sorted. I had someone reverse into one of my old cars (parked on my driveway) on Christmas eve, woke to it on Christmas day. The front bumper had been smashed in but no other damage. Luckily one of my neighbours had grainy CCTV footage which was enough for me to confront the neighbour across the road who'd had a family member visit them. Footage showed them reverse off the driveway right into my car. They paused for a minute then drove off. They definitely knew they did it!

Of course they wanted to lie their way out of it until I said I'd just let the Police know. A few days later we negotiated a repair bill, there was alot of argument from them though with zero apology. Scum bags.

So glad you caught your culprit, but I know I will never catch mine!