Windscreen washer not working

Luky

Hi,

I have a 2011 Octavia Mk11. A couple of months back the windscreen washer stopped working. When I pull the stalk I can't hear the motor sound like I use to, the wipers work but the nozzles don't spray any water.

I tried to look at the Fuse compartment inside the car and in the engine bay, they look fine. I'm unable to locate the fuse responsible for the washer motor, or is it a relay? Need help in figuring out. Thanks.

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

11 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

You need fuse number 42...

It could be that Indian specification Octavia's are set-up differently.

Thanks for your response @silver1011.

I checked the user manual. Indian Skoda's are setup differently. 42 is "Not Assigned" in the user manual. 😞

Fuse2.jpg

Fuse1.jpg

• Like 1

Luckily you don't have many fuses to check, have you pulled them all out and physically checked them all?

image.png.09d1a2e8ea2b87155eff80a4258cdbf0.png

It could be the stalk, they do have a habit of failing when the contacts become dusty / dirty or worn just inside the steering column.

Have you tried pulling the stalk towards you and then gently wiggling the stalk to see if you can temporarily re-engage the contacts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

It could be the stalk, they do have a habit of failing when the contacts become dusty / dirty or worn just inside the steering column.

Have you tried pulling the stalk towards you and then gently wiggling the stalk to see if you can temporarily re-engage the contacts?

I'll check all the fuses.

The stalk seems to be fine, the wipers clean the windscreen when I pull it - just without the spray.

• Like 1

Could be a faulty pump? Did you notice is slowing down before it failed completely?

The pump is attached to the washer bottle and is best accessed by removing the wheel arch liner.

• Like 1

You do have wash water in the reservoir????????

You may laugh but someone complained about their rear  interior light not working until I suggested new bulb........turned out there wasn't even a bulb in the fitting. Go figure!

Edited by Tilt
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tilt said:

You do have wash water in the reservoir????????

You may laugh but someone complained about their rear  interior light not working until I suggested new bulb........turned out there wasn't even a bulb in the fitting. Go figure!

Hahaha, yes my friend there is water in the reservoir!

54 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Could be a faulty pump? Did you notice is slowing down before it failed completely?

The pump is attached to the washer bottle and is best accessed by removing the wheel arch liner.

Will try to troubleshoot tomorrow - fuses, pump...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi lads, happen to have an issue crop up relating to this.

im after doing a rear wiper delete as both the wiper and washer were both not working. After doing it, the rear washer is now working but my front washers arent. The wipers work fine, but will only go once when i try to spray the washer. Ive checked fuses and made sure everting is topped up with fluid. It makes a small noise but not the same as before. Any advice on where to look would be much appreciated. Its a mk2.5 tdi vrs. And like above no.42 is not used on this one