Fabia MK2 VRS 'The Red Baron'

thomasaspin

18 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

Those brackets are nice and solid mate just need to make sure the rubber is under tension when marking them out on your car would look very nice on a blue car, was sick to death of spending an hour each time removing the front bumper , the orange is the arming switch and the big thing next to the headlight switch is the warning LED that flashes on when low level or pump failure etc , the air vent is where the failsafe gauge goes but need to find a air vent gauge pod for it but can’t find them anywhere you haven’t got any ideas have you bud where to get one surely they use the same vents on polo’s/golfs? 

As daft as it sounds, There’s not one other platform that uses our vents, you get the golf R stealth vents but no chance they’ll fit, I’d maybe even buy a spare vent and try mock one up yourself? I thought about sticking a gauge below the stereo, kind of above the cup holders but then you lose the cup holders and these cars ain’t got much luxury as it is 😂.

I’ve got to the stage ai can have the front bumper off in about 10 minutes, can’t count the amount of times I’ve swore trying to get the furthest in bolt on the bumper brackets on each side, Need to hire a midget to fit in there.

Edited by Mickmartin

• 1 month later...

Evening guys few updates for you 

finally everything is wired up and ready to rock and roll ready for mapping on Monday.

i added a few picture in of my acceleration pedal sensitivity button aswell pictured below that I have had installed for Around four years now.D71696A5-1A93-41EA-8B5D-89FFB5BBC0BE.thumb.jpeg.3e1a7c8b2c902d2c0389f1f54af8d41a.jpeg

the greddy Profec OLED just needs some double sided sticky tape for above the steering wheel 8A1F0EEE-EDB4-4370-B289-76422A70830F.thumb.jpeg.2558f45453faf8fb200d8cddee485c67.jpeg

and the water meth with the failsafe gauge working getting a gauge pod fabbed up and painted as we speak 

AADC90EF-2D32-4408-9D64-0B883AF94B67.thumb.jpeg.1fdc3fa3a1de662e36beeffd8c7bee0f.jpeg4B0B01AD-2367-413B-BCA7-85FCBA827B2C.thumb.jpeg.596e9b4e868a20f3355febe8d207b548.jpeg

and a little video below had to compress the quality due to 10mb max upload 

hope everyone has a good weekend 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Good read has the mapping been done just wondering what power and torque it makes? Must avoid trying to overtake Red Fabia Mk2 Vrs with large black rear spoiler.

Evening mate yes it’s all stage three mapped with meth mapped in also , it was remapped and then live mapped on the road via data logging and the greddy Profec so the duration and timing is all pre set in the map from RTMG and then the boost is altered via the boost controller so around 1.7 bar is the limit of the Standard  injectors and not running meth and around 2-2.05 bar with meth , I also have the DSG gearbox stage three mapped so it has launch control and smoother gear changes, really want a open rolling road day near me so I can see what it is producing but can say it’s easily over 300BHP but need the figures to back it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Happy Sunday guys, small update, was considering the Fabia as complete but can just not avoid tinkering with her. So I’ve got a few toys to still add on before I class her as ‘complete’ I just cannot stop myself and I guess you guys are the exact same with you cars? 
so the plan of action for the car in the long run 

. fit wideband AEM failsafe AFR gauge I’ve just got at a cheap price second hand, 

. Get Fabia on a dyno to see what it makes in low boost mode with no meth on 

. Add ten % reduced size supercharger pulley and see if it makes any more low end torque / BHP 

. Get on dyno and see what it makes with new pulley/on meth/ on high boost setting C3D9931E-712E-46B7-AE2E-F7A9EFFA3E2E.thumb.jpeg.9fbd77f1ed348ab26547d4bd9210576d.jpeg

7AB51BB7-C467-43E1-89C1-1314882580DE.thumb.jpeg.123d7fb8cc810132ba640459e82db976.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year’s Eve guys and girls , 

not much has changed on the fabia recently due to Covid-19 but a few minor adjustments have been made , I’ve put a more track focused tyre on the front axle as I had a wheel alignment issue that was ripping the rain sport apart on the inside of the tyre so I now have rainsports on the back and a bigger profile tire on the front to help with wheel spin and traction these tyres will soon boom I think as they are unreal! This followed by a wheel alignment and I’m now putting the power down like no ones business 288D7B15-B9CE-4B8B-96E4-65782BF3C000.thumb.png.8b40635c3ffc17e7e187acf2a0896c97.png

ive also purchased a boost by gear add on to my boost controller and a obd converter which converts the obd signal to rpm speed etc so I don’t have to tap into any of the on board sensors and will be getting live can data! 
here’s to a better 2021 and a good few track days on the horizon! 

• Like 1

I have Accelera Phi-R tyres on the Front of my Monte Carlo, one of our lovely Potholes wrecked the old front left tyre so I replaced them both. Honestly a great tyre for the price, considering they are just a summer tyre. They took the snow and non gritted, ice ridden roads like a champ over the last few days. From what I've experienced with them over the last 1000 miles, they grip well, are quiet, are comfortable and are very predictable when they do start to slip. I went for a spirited drive the other night and came across a lot of Ice, much of the road was frozen over. I did slide once or twice, but the car was remarkably predicable and stable when it slid. All things considered, for tyres that were €65 a corner I cant be dissapointed. The large rim protectors are also a nice addition, not that I am terribly prone to using my wheels as curb feelers.

5 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Mismatched tyres on track yep this is well thought through. 

I mean, mismatched axle to axle isnt too bad all things considered. If its two different tires side to side per axle and especially on the front I would agree with you. I understand that on a track the main problem would be tires heating up at different rates and what not,but if you have the same tires side to side of each axle would this not become a non issue? Besides, on a nose heavy,front wheel drive car such as the fabia wouldn't the front wheels be doing 90% of the work on a trackday, so them tyres would be the ones that would be taking the brunt of the wear and tear of hard track driving. Because of this, surely the rear tyres wouldnt necessarily need to be some mega expensive r-comp barely street legal tyre, a decent tyre should suffice for all but the very top level of racing.

• Like 1

I drove my Mk2 Fabia vRS's almost always on the road with 215/40 R 17 or 205/45 R 17 on the front and 205/40 R 17's on the rear, other than sometimes in winter when i had the All Season or Winter 215/40 R 17 or 205/45 R 17's all round.

That was with the rear balance weights removed.

I know that an Audi RS3 is like comparing apple and pairs with a Fabia with FWD, but Audi did have the wider front rims and tyres as an option on the RS3 2 models back.

599890e9a86d9_OldFlabioDaisyJan2014004.JPG.209dfa384c7d2e595acb31690a30f314.jpeg.529d67febb58674aa16c8adaae4c3124.jpeg

5b04f16253a60_Blackpool..SantaPod..BordersScotland095.JPG.1fa5e566b736c83468b282b720ebae94.jpeg

Edited by e-Roottoot

2 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

I mean, mismatched axle to axle isnt too bad all things considered. If its two different tires side to side per axle and especially on the front I would agree with you. I understand that on a track the main problem would be tires heating up at different rates and what not,but if you have the same tires side to side of each axle would this not become a non issue? Besides, on a nose heavy,front wheel drive car such as the fabia wouldn't the front wheels be doing 90% of the work on a trackday, so them tyres would be the ones that would be taking the brunt of the wear and tear of hard track driving. Because of this, surely the rear tyres wouldnt necessarily need to be some mega expensive r-comp barely street legal tyre, a decent tyre should suffice for all but the very top level of racing

Unless you have brand new good tyres and they are warm with lower than normal pressure, anything above 200bhp you are wheel spinning  FWD from a standing Traffic light start. Would only consider 205 at the rear if 215 on the front and on a deal for 205, In the DSG  MK2 you have to be slightly rolling a bit. Extra Power is nothing without traction to go with it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

I mean, mismatched axle to axle isnt too bad all things considered. If its two different tires side to side per axle and especially on the front I would agree with you. I understand that on a track the main problem would be tires heating up at different rates and what not,but if you have the same tires side to side of each axle would this not become a non issue? Besides, on a nose heavy,front wheel drive car such as the fabia wouldn't the front wheels be doing 90% of the work on a trackday, so them tyres would be the ones that would be taking the brunt of the wear and tear of hard track driving. Because of this, surely the rear tyres wouldnt necessarily need to be some mega expensive r-comp barely street legal tyre, a decent tyre should suffice for all but the very top level of racing.

Not mismatched in sizes but in type and compound. 

• Groan 1

8 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Don’t like facts keep scrolling 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mate stop acting like your some sort of track hero you have a half decent diesel fabia you blew your first engine and I don’t know where dark side developments start and you finish your that far up there ar*e 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

Mate stop acting like your some sort of track hero you have a half decent diesel fabia you blew your first engine and I don’t know where dark side developments start and you finish your that far up there ar*e 

Someone jealous haha when you coming on track to show us how it’s done? 

all I’ve learned from you is you don’t seem to know much. Wether it’s ether getting a 2 bar boost control to work on a 2.4 bar of boost engine set up like you claimed ( which it won’t) and also a lack of understanding of basic physics, chassis dynamics and handling. 

but then again I’ve only came away with several trophies in my diesel fabia from motorsport events over the years including a first......

Edited by AMD87
  • Groan 1

41 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Someone jealous haha when you coming on track to show us how it’s done? 

all I’ve learned from you is you don’t seem to know much. Wether it’s ether getting a 2 bar boost control to work on a 2.4 bar of boost engine set up like you claimed ( which it won’t) and also a lack of understanding of basic physics, chassis dynamics and handling. 

but then again I’ve only came away with several trophies in my diesel fabia from motorsport events over the years including a first......

Mate are you joking ? You have no idea of anything , you pay everyone else to do anything on your car can’t do anything for yourself slap it full of rubbish stickers and act like it’s a race car it goes through clutches every other week, and FYI those boost controllers don’t measure absolute boost pressure as mine is running 1 bar absolute + 1.7 bar boost so stick that up your pipe and smoke it and the greddy will boost over 2 bar, I’ve done everything on my car other than the remap , who did your engine swap yourself??? or did you pay dark side to do it because you don’t have the capability to do it yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

Mate are you joking ? You have no idea of anything , you pay everyone else to do anything on your car can’t do anything for yourself slap it full of rubbish stickers and act like it’s a race car it goes through clutches every other week, and FYI those boost controllers don’t measure absolute boost pressure as mine is running 1 bar absolute + 1.7 bar boost so stick that up your pipe and smoke it and the greddy will boost over 2 bar, I’ve done everything on my car other than the remap , who did your engine swap yourself??? or did you pay dark side to do it because you don’t have the capability to do it yourself. 

Haha it’s had 1 clutch due to it failing. Other one we just changed it as the gearbox was out to fit the diff but you’d know that wouldn’t you. 

maybe you should tell that to greddy then haha. 

you mean all you’ve did is fit stuff. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s plainly obvious you don’t know about handling or dynamics but don’t worry few of us are having a good laugh at this. 

I’ll have my ha ha meme prepared when you fire it backwards at druids at oulton when your mismatched tyres. 

On 03/01/2021 at 16:47, AMD87 said:

Haha it’s had 1 clutch due to it failing. Other one we just changed it as the gearbox was out to fit the diff but you’d know that wouldn’t you. 

maybe you should tell that to greddy then haha. 

you mean all you’ve did is fit stuff. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s plainly obvious you don’t know about handling or dynamics but don’t worry few of us are having a good laugh at this. 

I’ll have my ha ha meme prepared when you fire it backwards at druids at oulton when your mismatched tyres. 

It’s plainly obvious your just a chancer who is jealous because I’ve probably spent a tenth of what you have on my 1.4 fabia and it would absolutely demolish you on the drag strip 😅😂😅😂😅😂 and its engine wouldn’t blow up in the process because I have put failsafes in place something you would know nothing about as you got your little 1.6 remapped asking dark side to push every little BHP out of it you possible could and blew the old girl up on the way home what a joker stick to your own thread and F off and worry about your own car 🚗 

• Haha 1