Braking noise and wobble

Hi everyone, I have a braking wobble accompanied by a thudding noise that corresponds with speed, that is the faster the quicker the noise. It happens more so at light braking at high speeds. I have a video here when I jacked up the car and ran it and applied the brakes the noise is very obvious, I've had callipers and disc off and checked for stones and nothing, could it be cv joint that makes sound under braking or calliper piston or something, thanks. Oh video is too big 🤔https://photos.app.goo.gl/gyKwRBe6mVUBqR4u5

Edited by Sino23

It appears to be 4 ticks per revolution and seems to be a light metallic sound so my guess would be the metal splash guard behind the disk. 

I wouldn't think CV joint or bearing would make that ticking noise.  Can you take caliper and disk off and run it again? That would eliminate those for a start.

Yea 3 or 4 clicks per rotation it's very strange it's silent with the brakes off and happens when they are applied lightly and causes juddering too on the road. The disk looks un warped, im stumped anyway 🙄

@Sino23 The discs wouldn't look warped................but you do seem to have symptoms of a warped disc or discs.

You need a tool to check for disc warp.

Yea maybe it could be warped, I think I'll change the discs to opposite sides and see if the noise goes away before anything else. The disks and pads are only 4000 km old but maybe there is something else causing it to warp if it is indeed warped, and I'll check pad integrity when there off too, I'll keep yous posted probably the weekend before I get a chance to do it. Cheers everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

So changed the discs over and the wobble got lessened but didn't dissappear, a guy in a vw garage looked at the vid and said it maybe a cv joint, he's only an apprentice though, I'll see if it worsens before trying anything else, maybe a bad cv joint would warp a disc over time due to uneven or laboured turn, who knows. 

• 3 months later...

So small update , been getting worse since March ,so finally brought it to a garage a supposedly a good one 😋 not sure about that tho. So the first time last week only brought it in and they diagnosed front bushes both sides , i wasn't very convinced but let them fit em ,couldn't do any harm only hurt my pocket. Took it out on motorway, felt a bit more stable ,but that's new bushes for you. But the wobble and brake judder was still there , obviously they never drove it after or only spun round the town. So I bring it in again. Now they recon from my description  the discs may be warped from the hubs not been polished when I replaced disc🤔 I was like ok then , got the hubs polished and new discs. Now bushes and discs changed brake judder has gone , but the wobble still remains and it seems to ocilate from bad the worse every couple of hundred meters at 120kph I wonder would a slightly buckled hub from overtightened wheel nuts knock The the discs off bit after a while.  I'm going to jack it up and run it in 1st again to see if that clicking he's gone . 

You can get clicking from worn cv joints, normally when turning though. My old astravan had a weird issue with the cv joint where it gave a vibration / wobble when accelerating, even slight acceleration and it would go away if you eased off the throttle.

Does the noise change if the steering angle is changed?

The fact that theres more than one click per revolution could be the cv joint.

Edited by FatblokeVRS

Ye wiilydog I will try that I think tomorrow, and maybe think about getting the wheels Ballanced and tracked , I could end up forking out for a bearing hub and new drive shaft and sure that's everything changed apart from the wishbone 😂 fatblokeVRS yea it's a head scratcher that clicking noise I'm not sure if it's gone away after the new discs , as I can only hear it when jacked up and running in 1st with the brakes lightly applied ,, true that click could be the source of the brake judder but that's gone for the time being with new discs im sure it will be back tho unless I find out what the real problem is . Head is wrecked with it and it's costing me more and more 🧐