ISOFIX car seats

Can someone please recommend ISOFIX children seats that fit well in the vrs edition with half leather?

I've found the seat I was using in my Golf doesn't sit flat due to the width of the base and the leather seat bolster.

Would prefer ISOFIX to secure my grandson in the car too. He's too precious to take chances with. All you parents grandparents know where I'm coming from. 

Thanks in advance  

• Like 1

Firstly.... Isofix seats aren't any safer than belted seats.  

We use both and if anything the belted seat is more secure. 

Isofix is there to ensure universal fitment and for convenience and removal of human error in fitting the seat.

Both methods use a 3 fixing point method and when fitted properly so the same job.

What age are you talking about?

I highly recommend a Joie spin 360 for under 4yr olds. Easy to put kids in, faces both ways.  

I use a Joie everystage belted seat in my car, which I prefer in some ways though, it's less bulky and he therefore can't kick the passenger seat.  Easier for him to climb into himself.  Harder to belt him up mind as I have to lean in.

Tbh, everyone worries about the safety of seat itself but there's more danger in not putting them in properly, making sure there's no baggy clothing etc. 

• Like 2

Vote for the Joie 360 here too. Mine is not a VRS but has the half 'leather' and these seats to fit fairly flat and have a front bar to support the weight of the seat at the front too.

I also recommend these to protect the seat from marks and dents : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HGO35Z4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

ROYAL RASCALS Car Seat Protectors for Child Seats - Protects Upholstery from Stains & Damage with Padded Cover 

seat cover.jpg

• Like 2

When you say they don't sit flat do you mean horizontal or flat to the seat. You are unlikely to get it to sit horizontal. Most seats that have a front leg will probably sit a touch high at the front to allow the force to go through the leg. Other types that have the strap over the back should sit mostly flat to the seat I think. 

• Like 1

I also rate those royal rascals seat covers, tends to collect most crumbs (unless the kids are eating rice cakes) and seems to protect the seats from booster seat/heavy toddler seat marks. I'd prefer no children eating in the car, but this is likely unavoidable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

When you say they don't sit flat do you mean horizontal or flat to the seat. You are unlikely to get it to sit horizontal. Most seats that have a front leg will probably sit a touch high at the front to allow the force to go through the leg. Other types that have the strap over the back should sit mostly flat to the seat I think. 

I was talking flat to the seat, left to right if that makes sense. With the base of the seat I was using being so wide it kinda sits on an angle due to resting on the leather seat bolster. Also digs in a bit so I'm looking for something with a smaller footprint that won't tend to rock going around fast bends or roundabout.

ISOFIX seats may not be closer as said above but it's obviously important to have a seat that fits securely. I feel ISOFIX have a more secure fit due to positive locating points and a top tether.

5 minutes ago, VRSRichie said:

I was talking flat to the seat, left to right if that makes sense. With the base of the seat I was using being so wide it kinda sits on an angle due to resting on the leather seat bolster. Also digs in a bit so I'm looking for something with a smaller footprint that won't tend to rock going around fast bends or roundabout.

ISOFIX seats may not be closer as said above but it's obviously important to have a seat that fits securely. I feel ISOFIX have a more secure fit due to positive locating points and a top tether.

Not closer, should say safer. I think autocorrect raised its head again 😬

I would genuinely say in my experience the forward facing belted seats are more secure solid myself.

The belt pulls the seat right into the shape of the seat, while the isofix effectively hovers above with little contact, as you've described, as the weight is taken by the leg and isofix rather than the seat.

As a result the isofix seats can have more movement.

Plus, the leg can get in the way.... Not used a top tether one as yet.

I'll try and take a photo of the belted one in my vRS, it's so much more solid, if also a lot harder to get access to.

Photos of both in the vrs (full leather, but the form is the same I believe)

IMG_20200307_173506.jpg

IMG_20190614_180055.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Joie Stages Isofix and it fits very well. I would highly recommend putting some sort of protection under the car seat as already suggested. Skoda make  their own which fits a lot better than the Munchkin one I had previously.

I know others that have the 360 and would consider getting one. As my child gets bigger and heavier, having to twist to get him in is difficult.

Any recommendations for something to protect the back of the drivers seat from little shoes?

I see a lot have pockets and things and tend to be kinda ugly, something dark and not that noticeable would be great.

We've got the same Joei EveryStage (two actually) as @Alex-W and would buy the same again if we needed more seats. As it happens we make do with one pair of seats as we're rarely taking the kids out in separate cars.

20 hours ago, lway said:

Any recommendations for something to protect the back of the drivers seat from little shoes?

I see a lot have pockets and things and tend to be kinda ugly, something dark and not that noticeable would be great.

We've got these, dark but still quite ugly mind:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0724ZR4YX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, uchuff said:

Sadly no go for a vRS as it states that they aren't suitable for cars where the front seat has an integrated headrest - so my quest goes on to find something to protect my seats from the feet of our Grandsons.