rounded off locking nut help?

tried to take my wheel off today to refurb  but slipped the lock nut

didnt try again after that 

the wheel nuts are fine

anyone have a spare or same one that i can use to loosen my lock nuts to remove (im in bimingham)

or know how much they are at the dealers? but i doubt any will be open and i dont want to get stranded with a puncture

or alternative solution to get wheel off?

skoda superb mkII

thanks in advance

heres a pic

IMG_20200407_174511.jpg

6 minutes ago, bimma123 said:

tried to take my wheel off today to refurb  but slipped the lock nut

didnt try again after that 

the wheel nuts are fine

anyone have a spare or same one that i can use to loosen my lock nuts to remove (im in bimingham)

or know how much they are at the dealers? but i doubt any will be open and i dont want to get stranded with a puncture

or alternative solution to get wheel off?

skoda superb mkII

thanks in advance

heres a pic

IMG_20200407_174511.jpg

what number is on the side? i got mine for 20 pound.

i put a thread up few months back when my locking nut stripped the nut on my car, i had to weld another nut onto the locking nut and unscrewed it that way. it was a nightmare! needless to say i didnt put a new locking nut back on, i just used a normal one.

Dealers tend to have a full complement,  drive in take nuts off. Pay some drink money drive off?

17 minutes ago, gav_is_con said:

Dealers tend to have a full complement,  drive in take nuts off. Pay some drink money drive off?

One problem at the moment is that most dealerships are closed.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, moley said:

One problem at the moment is that most dealerships are closed.

Perhaps the 4th emergency service could help AA/RAC?

It appears that eBay from @froggy8 is your best bet as the letter alone is not sufficient because you require a 3 digit number they say came with your new car pack etc. They can search for it based on your car details too. 

If Halfords are open I think you can  get socket which is multi splined and you hammer it on the wheel/locking nut and them remove it with the wheel brace.  The locking nit will need to be replaced but at least you'll get the wheel off.

Give Halfords a ring

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

cheers fellas. the breakdown cover is a good call. 

i do have some sockets..but smashed the cheap one by trying to hamering it on it just cracked. will look to see if i got a steel one that fits over it.

On 08/04/2020 at 13:00, bimma123 said:

cheers fellas. the breakdown cover is a good call. 

i do have some sockets..but smashed the cheap one by trying to hamering it on it just cracked. will look to see if i got a steel one that fits over it.

If you haven't managed to sort it out yet, I watched a video yesterday, where the locking bolt was missing, so the guy used a cold chisel to break the outer ring and used a socket to undo the nut 

As mentioned, once you get it off, leave it off and replace them all with standard bolts. I can't imagine you see many MkII Superb's on standard alloys sat on bricks these days, the risk of theft is very low.

Being able to get the wheel off, at night, in the winter, at the side of the road with your family in the car takes precedent over the security of the alloys, at least for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

As mentioned, once you get it off, leave it off and replace them all with standard bolts. I can't imagine you see many MkII Superb's on standard alloys sat on bricks these days, the risk of theft is very low.

Particularly if you have the standard plastic nut covers fitted. No one would even know that a security key wasn't fitted. They would have to remove the covers to check. It's mainly an insurance rating thing nowadays. But if someone wants to steal, they would have all the pro tools and a key wouldn't stop them. Just look at Toyota Cat thefts.

24 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Being able to get the wheel off, at night, in the winter, at the side of the road with your family in the car takes precedent over the security of the alloys, at least for me.

Excellent point.

• Like 2

got it sorted now . thanks fellas

local tyre place was open. he managed to get the three open by hammering the actual lock nut key on to it quick hard and using his air gun . the 4th one he had to hammer a socket on to it . only asked for a fiver as im a regular there.

iv replaced all with standard bolts now anyway. the wheels are only 16in ...so no chance of them being nicked lol

• Like 3