Wireless Android Auto on Scala - no internet

ajrimmer

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, just wanna say that my S10e got updated to Android 11 and with the update the Android Auto stopped working. 

1) Connecting wirelessly stopped working at all - the connection fails with 'Failed to connect' message (or some similar text) shown on the car unit.

2) Connecting via the USB-C cable starts the Android Auto, but the internet is not available in the car unit - I cannot listen to music / use traffic information in Google maps etc.

I spent an hour today trying different tweaks but nothing seem to work. I  also tried to set-up a second phone (Samsung Galaxy S21) but was unsuccessful again. From what I saw on Reddit / this forum, Android 11 breaks the Android Auto for some car models.

Skoda Scala + Samsung S10e (Android 11) = Not working

Skoda Scala + Samsung S21 (Android 11) = Not working

I hope this will get resolved fast, I'm going to contact Skoda.

• 1 month later...

Android Auto wireless is compatible only with software version 0270 and hardware H22. These specifications are available on model built after week 48/2020.

2A81BA4A-5139-48ED-943C-26410C9BBCFA.thumb.jpeg.7e32da03ff6b9b86966e4f147ea91ea0.jpeg

Here are the minimum requirement regarding wireless Android Auto https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless

Greetings guys

Revolution!!!
I changed the Hotspot wlan Škoda scala from 5GHz (unfortunate channel 149, band U-NII-3) to "classic" 2.4GHz !!!

Android Auto works with regular mobile phones !!!!!!!!!
Huawei, Xiaimi and many others where you still need the older Android 6,7,8,9 and you can install an Android car.
But mainly 2.4GHz WLAN can be seen by all phones !!!
Not just Samsung, iPhone, Google Pixel ........

Here's how:
VCDS hex-v2 with ARM chip.

Unit 5F - Electro info

Adjustment - 10

Channel - (almost at the very bottom of the menu)

function configuration connectivity WIFI Hotspot 5GHz - turn off

function configuration connectivity WIFI Hotspot 2.4GHz - turn on

Turn on the radio and all phones can be connected to a 2.4GHz WLAN.

Android car works wirelessly !!!

more information:
https://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/146900-scala-kódování/?do=findComment&comment=2525504

Excuse the English. Using dictionary ...půjdou 

1. Don't you know how I would get a dashboard into unit 17 with a vcds clone - specifically the correction of the consumption and mileage indicators?

Security access code 47115 takes this, but still does not accept the correction.

7-pin pin I don't know where to take it.

2. The same access to the 5F driving school unit and green info. Also, the unit does not accept the change.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2021 at 01:26, gotomtom said:

Android Auto wireless is compatible only with software version 0270 and hardware H22. These specifications are available on model built after week 48/2020.

2A81BA4A-5139-48ED-943C-26410C9BBCFA.thumb.jpeg.7e32da03ff6b9b86966e4f147ea91ea0.jpeg

Here are the minimum requirement regarding wireless Android Auto https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless

I've got exact same versions on my Kamiq and haven't been able to get Wireless Android Auto to work with my Galaxy S10e yet. I had a Galaxy S7 before and always used the cable.
I've got now a second-hand, Galaxy S10e running Android 11 and was hoping to get it to work wirelessly.

Do I have to run the WLAN Hotspot on the car and have my phone join it or is the Wireless Android Auto taking another communication path ?

6 hours ago, PeePay said:

Yes, the WLAN hotspot needs to be active, as Wireless Android Auto communicates via WiFi.

Thank you. Should I connect with my smartphone to the Hotspot before attempting the Android Wireless pairing ? Or is that done automatically ?

The WiFi connection should be established automatically by Android Auto when you select to connect wirelessly (the phone and the car know about each other via Bluetooth and they perform the initial handshake and credential exchange via Bluetooth.)

21 minutes ago, PeePay said:

The WiFi connection should be established automatically by Android Auto when you select to connect wirelessly (the phone and the car know about each other via Bluetooth and they perform the initial handshake and credential exchange via Bluetooth.)

Thanks, so far I had tried:

- Disabling the hotspot and starting the bluetooth pairing with Android Auto started on my phone 
- Pre-establishing the wifi connection to the car hotspot and then trying to join over bluetooth.

Maybe I have better luck with the third method :)

However I'm still confused whether it's possible the car doesn't support it... is it supported on all Kamiq MY21 with Amundsen (MIB3) ?

Edited by chli

• 9 months later...

Hello every one here!

I've just got my new scala and it's the best car in my life so far, I enjoy it so much!

But as always there is BUT :))

I still have no luck to connect my phone wirelessly via Android auto. It works perfect via USB, but charging with this USB is so slow so I wanted to separate charging and connection and tried to connect it wirelessly but had no luck... 

Here I found out that there should be an option to activate hotspot in my car's multimedia menu, but I couldn't find it...

May be you can give me some advices what could I do...

thanks.

Yep already saw this one but for me it doesn't work so smooth... Of course I've already paired the Bluetooth but it only works for calls and audio with no option for Android Auto... I'm using Galaxy S10, and my skoda's multimedia version is Bolero (in the video from your link the gay shows it on Amundsen version).

But here it says that the Bolero although should work wirelessly with Smartlink+, maybe I have the wrong software version... But there is no way to update it...

Hey guys. After the update to Android 11/12 I had constant issues with AA and Samsung S10e in my Scala. The wireless AA was barely connecting (10% chance). Recently, even the wired connection started to behave flakey. I often endep up using my phone for navigation. A few weeks ago, I got a new Samsung S22 (base model, not plus/ultra) ... and it works👍I took me a while to pair it with the system for the first time, but since then it works just fine. I've used it -  wirelessly - appropriately 10x and only 1x I had a connection issue. Lets see how it goes in the following weeks, but so far I'm optimistic.

Edited by ajrimmer

8 hours ago, 6resh6 said:

Yep already saw this one but for me it doesn't work so smooth... Of course I've already paired the Bluetooth but it only works for calls and audio with no option for Android Auto... I'm using Galaxy S10, and my skoda's multimedia version is Bolero (in the video from your link the gay shows it on Amundsen version).

But here it says that the Bolero although should work wirelessly with Smartlink+, maybe I have the wrong software version... But there is no way to update it...

Ah a Bolero. I tought i read previously from someone that it got a firmware that supported wireless android auto. But before till 2020 is a problem i believe with no fw support. But also with that one someone mentioned they altered the frequentie via VCDS Hex to 2.4 ghz to connect via wifi for wireless android auto.  If you can only connect via wire then i think you are in the mentioned above situation. Ask the dealer if they can help you connect.

Edited by Omniking

The answer from dealer was that in Israel the Bolero version has no wireless connection only Amundsen has, but there is no option to equip it in scala...

I thought that multimedia versions are common for all countries, but seems it's not... Sad... Think I'm gonna buy some dongle to connect it via USB to the car and wirelessly to the phone...

• 4 months later...

Hello, just wanna give an update on my never ending problem with Skoda Scala and Android Auto. The Samsung S22 worked well until a few software updates got installed into the phone. Since then, the S22 is unable to connect using the AA, even via a cable. Every time I connect it, it starts loading and then it shows an error (something like "connection lost"). I tried countless times to overcome this issue, restarting phone / removing profiles / trying different cables / ... / ... it just doesn't work. I even bought AAWireless box, but it did not work either (it worked 100% with Scoda Kamiq 2021). I went to the Skoda service recently and they checked the infotainment - all up to date. I spoke with them about the AA problems and I was pointed to this page: https://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/ The new Samsungs are not listed there, the latest one is S20 (S21 for the later Scalas). Funny enough, the S10e is still listed there :-) I'm giving up on this problem, seems like this is gonna be solved once we decide to buy a new car.