Having enjoyed my Felicia for 13 years and 95,000 miles (not always trouble-free, but most of the time) I've taken the painful decision to grant her retirement, replacing her with a 2014 Fabia MkII Estate 1.2 tsi.

Thanks to all that have provided support and helpful answers in this section over the years!

It did. The scrapper offered £40. Had I tried to sell it, I (as the owner on May 1st) would have to pay the tax (£115). I can't expect anyone in his/her right mind to pay more than £150 for a 22 year old car with >130,000 miles on the clock, terribly rusty weel arches, and a suspicious coolant leak (probably head gasket).

But that's no tragedy. Parts of it (such as the rust-free tailgate) will probably live on, along with the sweet memories :)