New Skoda Connect App - wonder if the Scala is now supported

MrMorm

I received this email recently about a new Skoda Connect App coming soon.

The previous app - One App doesnt work with the Scala (and the Scala is not listed as supported anyway in the app). I emailed the developers some time ago but didn't get a response after I gave them more info they requested.

I wonder if the Scala is going to be supported in this new verision coming in a week or so.... I cant find info if it is or not.

Dear Customers,

We would like to inform you that the ŠKODA One App mobile application, which can be used during a SmartLink connection between your smartphone and vehicle, will be merged into a new version of the ŠKODA Connect App, as such the ŠKODA One App will no longer be available after 06.05.2020. By this date, you will be able to download the new ŠKODA Connect App from Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS), to enable you to continue using the SmartLink services in your vehicle. Please note, that your data (such as Driving Logbook data) will be migrated to the new ŠKODA Connect App and therefore will be available for you as long as you log in to the new App with the same user account.

If you are already a ŠKODA Connect App user, after downloading the new version from Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS), you will be able to benefit from using both ŠKODA Connect services and the SmartLink functions previously available via One App, in one place.

Your rights will not be impacted. More information regarding personal data processing find here.

We hope that the change will bring you more convenience and comfort, with a new design of the functions to enhance the user experience and ensure that you will enjoy using the new ŠKODA Connect App.

Your ŠKODA Connect Team

5 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

I have always had the connect app they are updating  to have it all in one app 

I can connect the mirror link and everything else is ok. The app appears on the infotainment but it fails to establish a connection to the car when i open it. It works fine on the phone but it can't establish a link to the car via USB.

I understood this was due to the scala infotainment being a newer model and unsupported until a new app was released. 

I was hoping this upcoming release supported the scala.

So are you saying the one app runs and records data etc ok in your Scala?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use the USB side of things but I can connect and see my MPG figures and how much petrol  is in the tank. I can also tell if the doors are locked, I tells me when the next oil change is due and service. I do all this from both the I phone and I pad.

To be honest I don't think Skoda Connect is up to much and I would not renew  it when the time comes.

More to the point in this hot UK weather  I would not buy another car that has it's heater and air con controls through a touch screen it is downright bloody dangerous to use while driving.

On 20/05/2020 at 15:25, Yetiherts said:

I don't use the USB side of things but I can connect and see my MPG figures and how much petrol  is in the tank. I can also tell if the doors are locked, I tells me when the next oil change is due and service. I do all this from both the I phone and I pad.

To be honest I don't think Skoda Connect is up to much and I would not renew  it when the time comes.

More to the point in this hot UK weather  I would not buy another car that has it's heater and air con controls through a touch screen it is downright bloody dangerous to use while driving.

If you don't renew connect you loose nav updates nav real time. voice control. and other things like carpark spaces petrol stations places of interest on route restaurants and loads more

I just leave climate control in auto 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to Skoda Customer Care (CZ). They gave me the following reply:

Dear Mr.     ,

We are sorry about this situation.

Features of SmartLink+ in new ŠKODA Connect app are not available in Scala.

Your car is capable of using mirroring functions, such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or MirrorLink, but cannot establish data flow with drive data.

In case of any questions,  please get in touch with your local support via https://www.skoda.nl/contact.

Thank you.

Best regards,

In another reply, they told me it is related to the MIB3 which is fitted in the Scala, Kamiq, Octavia IV and Superb iV. They did not tell (yet) if it will be available in the future with a software update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you connect your phone via usb to the car, in Carplay or Mirrorlink the Skoda Connect app should pop-up. However, this won't work with MIB3 systems. As the cars stated above all come with MIB3, this won't work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2020 at 18:51, jesse_s93 said:

I reached out to Skoda Customer Care (CZ). They gave me the following reply:

In another reply, they told me it is related to the MIB3 which is fitted in the Scala, Kamiq, Octavia IV and Superb iV. They did not tell (yet) if it will be available in the future with a software update.

Mine shows driving data.  Only thing not working is the remote lock/unlock which the dealer was supposed to have enabled a week agohaving photocopied my driving licence.

F4D6A0FD-5462-491C-91B8-9B630A5736AB.png

CD5286DE-CE9A-4070-8B6C-4BF543BD25F4.png