Skoda Enyaq

vrskeith

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Any idea when they will be available for test drives?  Currently looking at octy vrs all the way up through the range to superb sportline 4x4 as a stop gap until EV infrastructure is better (all estate variants).  This looks great but I still don't like the idea of being stuck without a way to charge.  Day to day will be handled by home charging which I expect is the same for most.  As I don't need to get rid of the oil burner I guess I could have both vehicles and use the EV daily while keeping the octy for long runs while I need it.

Between Jan-Mar 2021 at a guess if all 130 dealers are forced to take one as demo's. Most will order without test driving them I would think. If you wait until a test drive you won't take delivery until July 2021 at the earliest.

Dealerships will not need their arm twisted up their backs to take demonstrators.

That is what the best profit is made on when the time comes to flog it.

There is going to be enough interest in getting a Enyaq that there will be a greater demand than the available supply.

Maybe not outright buyers but those looking to lease.

Skoda UK just needs to be on the ball and deal with any snagging issues. 

Get Public Charging points available at or beside Dealerships and not only for when a Dealership is open.

Not everyone needs to make use of public chargers all of the time -for a lot of people a home charger will suffice for 80/90% of the time.

That's what works for me -day to day commuting: I top the car up once or twice per week from the 7Kw charger installed in my garage and my car does not have a particularly impressive range

Took the car to Anglesey (from Lincoln) recently and charged up at 2/3 of the way there using a 50Kw charger in Chester which gave me what I needed in less than an hour to finish my journey without any stress. I then charged up at Morrisons (GeniePoint) a couple of times while there. Stopped at Chester again on the way back.

• Like 2

@greenstripe

What sort of range do you get with your car?

Obviously everyone in an EV would not need to.

Just as people might not go to a fuel filling station every few days or even weekly, maybe not even every month.

Travel a distance and not start from home or work or where ever or not have a home charger and you want to charge someplace.

You will likely want to charge after getting someplace before continuing your trip that day or the next and that can be at a public charger, maybe at a hotel.

The point is that the infrastructure has to keep expending as EV vehicles on the roads increase, especially if Taxi Hybrids and other plug in hybrids are going to be occupying chargers for 'Long time Mr. and sometimes like all day.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

I’m not sure that’s a deal breaker to the type of person buying this. My - sweeping - assumption is that the type of person who’d be interested in a vehicle like this is your early adopter type. Factory satnav won’t be of interest if it’s possible to plug (or wirelessly connect) your smartphone and utilise its navigation. 

Ive never used the factory nav in my Mk3 Octavia. It’s crap and requires me to keep it updated. Why would I bother when another party provides a better product?

ChargePlace Scotland free public charging is great and apart from issues from time to time or pretty regularly at some locations pretty reliable.

But, lets hope as more start using the chargers issues are not going to mean that they can not be relied on while travelling in Scotland.

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 12.19.00.jpg

23 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

I’m not sure that’s a deal breaker to the type of person buying this. My - sweeping - assumption is that the type of person who’d be interested in a vehicle like this is your early adopter type. Factory satnav won’t be of interest if it’s possible to plug (or wirelessly connect) your smartphone and utilise its navigation. 

Ive never used the factory nav in my Mk3 Octavia. It’s crap and requires me to keep it updated. Why would I bother when another party provides a better product?

True and at least wireless CarPlay is standard

On 07/09/2020 at 10:16, Dodgy said:

Yeah, I got that, but I don't know the reason. I tend to ignore people who think they know better than me about what suits my needs 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, not fully decided on Tesla yet, Polestar is also interesting as is the Enyaq. Hopefully retiring in the not too distant future and we'll likely be driving in Europe twice a year, the Tesla charging network is hard not to ignore for that reason. All things being equal in terms of charging networks, I wouldn't choose the Tesla.

I think you'll find that the CCS fast charge network in Europe is pretty good right now and will beat Tesla (if not already, it will be). If you wait a year or so, there will be a huge choice of BEVs to choose from. 

18 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@shyVRS245Plug in hybrids are just a temp thing for kidology about being green and people travelling around in still big heavy and in many cases still liquid fueled cars with few people in them. 

They are among the ICE vehicles to be banned from sale new eventually.

PHEVs have their purpose. 

1: manufacturers are incentivised to sell them as it lowers average co2 massively. 

2: current government tax incentives are decent 

3: it suits people who can use the electric range daily but don't want to faff about on their longer ones

4: there might be people who have chargers at work but live in a place with no home charging so can still make use of #2 and #3. 

23 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@KeteCantek

Very true. 

But then the UK Government are not that stupid and have cut the incentives and will cut them even more because many and not running on electricity or being plugged in.

Simple really with business users to see the mileages done by the vehicles and the amount of fuel being purchased for them.

Yes it will get cut eventually. But in the short term say 3 years where most business leases are, they will sell. 

Longer term 5-10years even without gov. incentives, car makers will have to sell majority of their vehicles as PHEVs and BEVs  simply to balance their co2 forcing consumers between them. 

In a decade, I'd think BEVs will be the norm for new cars, at least where there are regulations forcing the sales of them.