Pedal Box

Has anyone fitted one of these to a Kodiaq. Want to fit one to my 150 tdi. Never driven a car with one fitted so just wondered if they were any good. Also I've spoken to dtuk and they say they are untraceable by ŠKODA. Is that true? Don't want it to affect my warranty. Any advice appreciated. 

Thanks

James 

It’s untraceable in logs, however a dealer would be able to see if they wanted. I doubt anything would break using it to be honest - pedalboxes are honestly a simple system. 

• Thanks 1

I have a DTUK pedal box on my 190tdi. Personally I find it makes the car more responsive and predictable to drive. Throttle response is immediate and linear. I have left mine erroneously fitted whist having warranty work completed by the dealer. Never posed as issue but then again other dealers may take a different view. It takes 5 minutes to fit or remove in any case. I'd not be without.

Edited by jasoncmiles
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses. I will take another look in detail at both before deciding. I do prefer the look of the race chip one though. 

Either way as soon as I get one I will update on thoughts. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, chrisluciofg said:

with the millions of RnD funds at their disposal, why haven't Skoda made the right pedal more responsive, and thus sell more cars after test drives ?

Because the cars they sell have to meet (ever more) stringent emissions regulations.  An accelerator pedal system that customers perceive to be 'responsive' may reduce the car's ability to comply with these regs.