Delivery Drivers

Tilt

I suspect they may be playing 'Knock a door run' for a while still yet.

Saw neighbours delivery yesterday and the driver was back in his cab and pulling away waving, before my neighbour even had the door open.

I don't blame them.....................

thats been standard here since lock down.. drop parcek, ring bell, bail out. 

i usually get as far as a thumbs up before they make it to the van, and a thank you shoutes across the yard...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

thats been standard here since lock down.. drop parcek, ring bell, bail out. 

i usually get as far as a thumbs up before they make it to the van, and a thank you shoutes across the yard...

Ditto.

My kitchen window overlooks front door - I sometimes manage a thumbs up and a wave as they drive off.

(I checked my online orders / deilveries, there have been 47 in last 3 months and 3  o/s, My regular drivers and I are at least on waving, smiling and thumbs up at a distance arrangements)

The exception is our regular postman, Richard, who has delivered for more than 10 years. We regularly had a chat if meeting on the drive, but these days, particularly as Golf has been stopped these have reduced to short conversations at about 3 metres separation. 1 thing he pointed out as he was rushing away a couple of days ago was that posties have been delivering about 500% of the parcels pre-Covid, and are rushed off their feet.

Since couriers (and I speak as a P/T delivery driver prior to lockdown), are expected to do at least twice as many deliveries as the RM posties and are paid per delivery, they are probably run absolutely ragged and dead on their feet.

• Like 1

Our usual Amazon driver stated they are so busy he now doesn't even load his own van. He turns up in the morning and the thing is rammed full ready for him to just get out. It's becoming more common for him not to finish until nearly 2200.

The Hermes guy knocks on the door, leaves the delivery on the step before walking down the path and stands waiting at the gate. I either shout down to him as I'm coming down from upstairs or give him the thumbs up from the window before he leaves.

Usual Postie states they are having their shifts staggered so only half are in at a time.

My main First World Problem with all these deliveries is trying to fit all the packaging into the monthly recycle bin. My outside cludgie is full of large boxes waiting on the recycling centre re-opening.

Groupon had an offer on toilet roll so we rolled the dice and took a chance as 120 rolls were £36 delivered. Hermes van driver leaves them in our front outbuilding/electric meter shed and pokes his card through the door without ringing the bell. Wife was in the house. She waited for me to get home and I carried them up 2 flights of stairs to discover only 5 packs of 12 (60 rolls delivered). E-mail sent and next day Hermes do the same thing card through the leterbox and leg it. Same again for me carry up 2 flights to discover 4 packs of 12 (48 rolls delivered). E-mail sent again asking when the missing pack of 12 would arrive.:talking:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

Good grief man what are you doing with them all?

You bought 96 rolls just before your lockdown so that would have been what 8 weeks ago? I have used less than 4 rolls during that time and I am not using someone elses facilities while working 60 hours a week.

Internet says that the average adult uses 1/2 a roll a week, my customers (well the ones that I used to have before CV19) use far more than that but even they who are not paying for them and who steal them are not in your league.

Seriously how many do you have in stock?

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 2

We've been getting a lot of deliverys due to the baby. We're seeing a few regular drivers who have all been really good and will normally wait for us to wave through a window before heading off. We're have had some others who will basically throw a parcel in the vague direction of our front door take a picture of their foot then run.

Next driver today rang the bell and waited until I picked up the parcel before driving off. Nothing to sign as this is the new normal now. Groupon have paid us £8 refund for the missing pack of toilet rolls so overall very happy having got 108 rolls for just £28.

On 19/05/2020 at 10:57, Aspman said:

We've been getting a lot of deliverys due to the baby. We're seeing a few regular drivers who have all been really good and will normally wait for us to wave through a window before heading off. We're have had some others who will basically throw a parcel in the vague direction of our front door take a picture of their foot then run.

A deviation from the citylink model perhaps.  As in ,knock quietly, take a photo of front door and run. Taking parcel back to depot where it "got lost" n the mound of returned parcels.